Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2012, 9:59 am

Programs: QR platinum
Originally Posted by exerda
LH flights have posted to my account within 36 hours typically.
I flew a RT with LH recently (upgraded V-->C with paper SWUs): outbound posted very quickly (~48h when I checked, and consistent with 36h). The inbound has not posted yet after 13 days... waiting a couple more days before submitting the request for credit and hoping that the process will be not too much time consuming(*).

(*) the SWU for the inbound had been processed by a contract check-in agent after calling the flight manager and spending 20 minutes reading a manual... so I really hope that she did not mess up with the booking codes...
Old Jun 16, 2012, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by DCBob
It's 15 days - not 50 days - maybe you couldn't understand his accent. If you give MP your 13-digit ticket number and flight info OVER THE PHONE (forget using email), the partner miles WILL now post in 15 days. It worked for me and several others on FT. This is the new procedure and you don't need to send in boarding passes or anything else. It's all electronic now.
If only that were true. I know its 15 days, but he said fifty as in Five-Oh. No accent issue. And the policy you mention only works when it works. It hasn't worked for me since February.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 2:50 am

Strange update: my LH miles from january/february still not post on the "My Account" page. However, if I look at "All activity", there seem to be ~35000 more miles in my account than on the other page. Which is more or less the amount of missing miles. Anyone experienced this before?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 9:19 am

Cannot Get United to Post Miles From Swiss Air Flights

I flew Swiss Air in February 2012 and have repeatedly asked United to post my miles and have sent pictures of my tickets. I have sent 5 requests: I was told they would post in 7 days, then I was told they would post in 14 days then I was told they would post in 21 days. I sent the 5th request last week and only received the confirmation email. Does anyone have a contact to call or email directly? I have been using the mileageplus email.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 9:23 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Chicago22
I flew Swiss Air in February 2012 and have repeatedly asked United to post my miles and have sent pictures of my tickets. I have sent 5 requests: I was told they would post in 7 days, then I was told they would post in 14 days then I was told they would post in 21 days. I sent the 5th request last week and only received the confirmation email. Does anyone have a contact to call or email directly? I have been using the mileageplus email.
Call the Mileage Plus Service Center.

You can reach them via the regular United phone #, though it's a bit of a chore getting through the IVE. Choose "Mileage Plus," and after hearing your balance information, as for a "representative." The system will ask if you really want to go to the "agent queue" or not--say, "agent queue," then IIRC the system will ask if you want a Reservations or Mileage Plus agent (the choice is obvious).

After being on hold a while, you will at last reach the Mileage Plus Service Center and can try to get them to post the miles over the phone. (I have had no luck getting them to do so this year, but have in the past, and others have reported success as well.)
Old Jun 25, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1k MM, KLM Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Platinum
United is not likely your problem. It happened to me last year after a South African flight, and it took almost 3 months to receive the credit. I sent photos of the boarding passes too, but the issue was on the SA side and United just kept telling me they had forwarded all the info to SA and they hadn't replied. Finally I took issues into my own hands and called SA directly. A few hours of my life later, I got a supervisor on the phone who told me the problem was that the name on my boarding pass didn't match the name on my United account. Huh?! As it turns out, when it printed "JADEMS" they weren't able to figure out that meant Ms. Jade. Sigh.

I received the credit a couple of weeks later.

You might want to call Swiss directly.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 9:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/Cont...ageCredit.aspx

Phone
Hours: 7 a.m. – 12 a.m. (CT), 7 days a week
Call from the U.S. or Canada 1-800-421-4655
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/Cont...s/contact.aspx
Old Jun 25, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Another welcome to FT!

One other thing -- have you checked your class code? Some classes don't earn miles in MP; in my experience those flights just never show up in account.

See here
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Another welcome to FT!

One other thing -- have you checked your class code? Some classes don't earn miles in MP; in my experience those flights just never show up in account.

See here
Exactly what happened to me on Swiss last year. Thought I should receive mileage credit. Swiss claims the ticket booked into a non-earning fare class on their end, so would not credit the EQM/EQS. CO eventually said there was nothing they could do.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA GM
Originally Posted by Chicago22
I flew Swiss Air in February 2012
You flew Swiss Air in 2012?? I haven't seen a Swiss Air plane since 2002 - that might be your problem.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold/UA Mileage Plus Premier 1K
Same situation?

Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Exactly what happened to me on Swiss last year. Thought I should receive mileage credit. Swiss claims the ticket booked into a non-earning fare class on their end, so would not credit the EQM/EQS. CO eventually said there was nothing they could do.
I'm in the same situation as the OP - I just spoke with Mileage Plus today. Agent claimed that she had no record of my credit request - though I had the hard copy of the request, which I printed once making it from the website, right in front of me. So, she collected all of the same information I'd already entered into the website form. I'm wondering, gobluetwo, do you remember what fare class you purchased? Mine was Y, so I wonder if I'm going to get the same response.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by geofflaredo
I'm in the same situation as the OP - I just spoke with Mileage Plus today. Agent claimed that she had no record of my credit request - though I had the hard copy of the request, which I printed once making it from the website, right in front of me. So, she collected all of the same information I'd already entered into the website form. I'm wondering, gobluetwo, do you remember what fare class you purchased? Mine was Y, so I wonder if I'm going to get the same response.
Found the correspondence with the OnePass service center last year. My receipt showed P class. CO did not have a P class, but the partner earning page showed that it was eligible to earn miles with Swiss. I had CO check with them 3 times and each time, LX said that it was booked into L class, which was not eligible to earn miles. After the 3rd time, CO said there was nothing else they could do.

Flights were taken in July 2011. Correspondence took place between Sep 30 and Nov 9. I still think I was shafted, but at least it didn't prevent me from hitting a status level.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: IHG Silver
Missing Miles for *A– Why Can’t MP Just Call *A Partner On An Escalation

I am chasing missing PQMs that should push me into Silver. Because United’s process is broken and they are not interested in a common sense way to fix it, I am left waiting weeks for resolution. My final PQMs for the threshold coming (well supposed to be coming) from a set of recent SA operated flights (LHR-CPT and CPT-LHR). I did everything right. I ensured that my MP# was on the record. I checked and re-checked the fare classes. I made sure to re-check it all several times coming up to the flights. I endured two 12+ hour flights in economy as my punishment.

Then the wait… Following the guidelines I wait the 15 days for the miles to post. Aaaaannnnd nothing. I should note that I also had legs on UA and AC for the same trip that posted after only a few days.

So I go to the online form for missing miles and submit. I give them everything they ask for. I get no tracking number, no email confirmation, nothing I can use to show that I did what I was supposed to do. I wait the 14 days they say it may take for the miles to post. Aaaaannnnd nothing.

So it was on to the MP Service Center via phone. What a horrible experience… In the end and after escalating to a Supervisor I am left being told to wait *weeks* again. At this point why are they not willing to just allow reps (or at least the Supervisor) to simply call the *A partner? This could be resolved in minutes and allow me to use the Premier benefits on my flights next week. Instead I am offered gruff “service”, zero empathy, and no other solution other than to play the waiting game and lose out on what I have earned in the mean time (not that I am “entitled” to anything).

I know United has a host of issues but some (like this) seem to have such simple solutions.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 1:11 pm

Programs: United 1k, SPG Plat & Ambassador, ClubCarlson Concierge
me too. Waiting for flights on TAP to post.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Yeah it's pretty lame these things are taking so long... no *A upgrades on Lufthansa is another ridiculous partner issue that needs to be fixed.

I flew an LH segment myself at the end of may in P class FRA-LHR (in conjunction with UA flights that posted correctly)... my LH flight didn't post either and I filled out the online form and now I'm waiting. I'm sure it will be several more weeks. Although in my case these 750 PQM's aren't going to change my status so I'm not losing out on anything by waiting. I'd be much more annoyed if I were in your position.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.