FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:50 pm
G2244

Programs: IHG Silver
Missing Miles for *A– Why Can’t MP Just Call *A Partner On An Escalation

I am chasing missing PQMs that should push me into Silver. Because United’s process is broken and they are not interested in a common sense way to fix it, I am left waiting weeks for resolution. My final PQMs for the threshold coming (well supposed to be coming) from a set of recent SA operated flights (LHR-CPT and CPT-LHR). I did everything right. I ensured that my MP# was on the record. I checked and re-checked the fare classes. I made sure to re-check it all several times coming up to the flights. I endured two 12+ hour flights in economy as my punishment.

Then the wait… Following the guidelines I wait the 15 days for the miles to post. Aaaaannnnd nothing. I should note that I also had legs on UA and AC for the same trip that posted after only a few days.

So I go to the online form for missing miles and submit. I give them everything they ask for. I get no tracking number, no email confirmation, nothing I can use to show that I did what I was supposed to do. I wait the 14 days they say it may take for the miles to post. Aaaaannnnd nothing.

So it was on to the MP Service Center via phone. What a horrible experience… In the end and after escalating to a Supervisor I am left being told to wait *weeks* again. At this point why are they not willing to just allow reps (or at least the Supervisor) to simply call the *A partner? This could be resolved in minutes and allow me to use the Premier benefits on my flights next week. Instead I am offered gruff “service”, zero empathy, and no other solution other than to play the waiting game and lose out on what I have earned in the mean time (not that I am “entitled” to anything).

I know United has a host of issues but some (like this) seem to have such simple solutions.