Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, youll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2012, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HA Premier, Hertz #1 Gold PC, SBUX Gold
I know this was a topic for quite some time in this thread so I just checked and CA is now a selectable option for the airline dropdown in the missing miles tool on the website. Don't know if it will actually expedite things at all versus having to email boarding passes before, but it seems they have finally been able to figure out some automation with CA's PSS.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by ontherun
Just noticed that on my recent US flights from Monday of this week, that I'm now getting actual mileage vs the 500 mile minimum that I have received all year for my US flights.

Has anyone else noticed this change or did I miss something?
You missed the change (that you won't like). I've noticed a number of comments that US segments are no longer receiving the 500 mile minimum. Not sure if this coincided with the PSS changeover or it's more recent, but it looks to be here to stay.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marr Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents
They must have changed it after Memorial Day as up to that point my 60+ segments were 500min or above.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: Premier, Marriott Gold, Alamo Race Car tester
Miles not posting from US Airways and other UAL flights

About (3) weeks ago, I flew US airways from SAV to PHL. Miles are not posting.

Last week, I flew UAL from SFO to PHX and those are not posting either. Is there a new "delay" in posting going with the system.. or just expected that it takes forever now to items to post?

If they are not posting.. is it a crapshoot to call customer service and beg them to dig and find the reservations?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by tomme12
About (3) weeks ago, I flew US airways from SAV to PHL. Miles are not posting.

Last week, I flew UAL from SFO to PHX and those are not posting either. Is there a new "delay" in posting going with the system.. or just expected that it takes forever now to items to post?

If they are not posting.. is it a crapshoot to call customer service and beg them to dig and find the reservations?
Partner flights are taking longer but UA flights should post within a couple days. No need to call... you can request missing credit online via your MP account.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:15 pm

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
UA acknowledges problems with flights posting in email today to MileagePlus members.

Our systems conversion increased the amount of time required to credit accounts for flights and partner activity. Right now, United flight activity typically requires 48 hours for posting, while activity on certain partners may take up to 15 days. Please allow this amount of time for mileage posting before contacting us about missing miles.

Current mileage activity is now crediting accurately in the vast majority of accounts. After our systems conversion, there was a backlog of customer inquiries regarding mileage credits, redeposits and refunds. We have added substantial resources and modified our processes to be sure that we respond accurately to everyone. While we're not done yet, we have replied to most customers and are quickly addressing the remaining ones.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:17 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
I took the US Airways BOS-DCA shuttle last week. Miles posted to my Mileage Plus account in under 36 hours - quicker than any UA flights!
Old Jul 5, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: United 1k, SPG Plat & Ambassador, ClubCarlson Concierge
Over two months and still waiting for TAP to credit our accounts. Most recent request was June 20 that had our names corrected to match the TAP boarding pass.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 1:53 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Crossing the 48 hour mark for most recent flights; though they appear to be in the process of posting (Travel Bank value has gone up by $5), the actual flights are still missing. I'm sure they'll appear within 72 hours, but once again, this is significantly slower than we were used to PMUA.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
I finally received credit yesterday for a 6/2 LH flight, FRA-CPH, after filing a second request on 7/2 via the website form. This time, I put everything on my boarding pass after the "/" in the First Name field -- i.e., "DIANEQMS" (that's my first name, middle initial, and MS). So maybe that's the trick.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
I faxed a couple of boarding passes to Rapid City the other day. Just received a friendly, non-scripted e-mail requesting some missing information. I sincerely hope this means that they've well and truly caught up - it wasn't long ago that one had the impression that mileage credit requests just ended up in a black hole. PMUA never responded so rapidly and so personally to requests - so, for the record, this seems to be yet another change that I like!

WOW! I responded with the requested information - seven minutes later the same guy responds in turn with another cheerful and (at least partially) spontaneous e-mail. How nice to deal with a human being, who treats his customer like one, too!

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 9, 2012 at 5:26 pm Reason: merge
Old Jul 9, 2012, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Caught up? Don't think so. I'm still waiting for credit from a Hawaiian Air flight in February. Faxed my boarding pass back then and have heard nada.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:28 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
7 weeks to get miles credited?

Long story short, had 3 segments on SAS back in mid June all in C, my miles haven't posted yet, all the other segments posted without an issue (2 AC and 1 UA). I waited three weeks before calling UA, now they are telling me it's going to take another month to get the miles credited is this the standard now?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 8:53 pm

I took a UAX (Express Jet) flight back on July 1st. Hasn't credited, even though the other flights on UA that day credited in about 48hrs. I called in today, and eventually was told that UAX is treated as a partner airline and to wait 15 days for the miles to credit. Annoying.

I was on an Express Jet flight four days earlier that credited right away (at the same time as UA flights).
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
Long story short, had 3 segments on SAS back in mid June all in C, my miles haven't posted yet, all the other segments posted without an issue (2 AC and 1 UA). I waited three weeks before calling UA, now they are telling me it's going to take another month to get the miles credited is this the standard now?
I think so. After not getting credit for South African, I called in and they said 2 weeks. Then while calling them on another matter a few weeks later, I inquired about this and they said it would take one month.

SAS still has Onepass on their menu so it is likely that they haven't adjusted. I wonder if it is better to enter the number as Onepass.

At least you don't need boarding passes anymore. I am puzzled why people here talk about faxing boarding passes. That's a pain and easy to lose them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.