Intercontinental London Park Lane
One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays.
You can earn points for food and beverage spending in the restaurants & bars: Wellington Lounge, Arch Bar

Lounge Supplement: Ambassador rate is £150/day for up to two guests, non-Ambassador rate is £185/day. Prices as of Sept 2022.

Lounge Benefits:

Club InterContinental privileges include:
  • Private registration for check-in and check-out
  • A complimentary welcome drink
  • Club InterContinental deluxe breakfast between 06:30 - 10:30 M-F and 06:30 -11:00 on Weekends
  • Afternoon Tea with seasonal sandwiches, scones with jam, homemade cakes/pastries, and a pot of tea between 14:30 - 16:30
  • Evening drinks - Champagne, cocktails, and canapés between 17:30 - 19:30
  • Entertainment area featuring a plasma TV and wireless internet access
  • Shower facilities
  • Complimentary pressing of two pieces of clothing per stay (express service is not included)
  • Personalized Concierge and business services
  • Complimentary local calls (0203, 0207, 0208)
  • All day refreshments
Notes:
  • On weekends between 09:30 -10:30, Club InterContinental can be considerably busier, so guests may wish to consider alternative times to avoid any unexpected inconvenience
  • Club InterContinental is included for a maximum of two people. Any additional guests would incur extra charges (50 GBP for guests of Ambassadors and 60 GBP for all others).

Recent Experiences

Royal Ambassador
September 2017
October 2017
October 2017
June 2018
October 2021
October 2022
January 2023

Ambassador
May 2018
May 2018
May 2018
April 2019
July 2021
April 2022
September 2022
November 2022
May 2023
May 2023

Older discussion about this hotel:
Archive Thread

Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2021, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Soft renovation of club lounge

IAMORGAN and TGLoyalty like this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75

Yep that's it. I got shown round last week .... window tables gone and that config installed. Looks nice.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 10:58 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
Looks really good. Is it due to open any time soon?

I'm there from Sunday for three nights on a Virtuoso rate with club access. Likely end up with the club life experience instead.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Smythmeister
Looks really good. Is it due to open any time soon?

I'm there from Sunday for three nights on a Virtuoso rate with club access. Likely end up with the club life experience instead.
Yes 15th September as mentioned earlier. And you right, until then it's club experience. It's breakfast in Theo's even after 15th.

Not 100% certain but I read this as staff shortages. They lost a few good people the last year. Would say with some certainly that it will be later year (pre Christmas) before that is back. If they didn't open (full service) for what may have been left of the M.E Summer then it won't happen until then.

The club life thing they do rather well downstairs. But of course not the view.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Atacama40
Yes 15th September as mentioned earlier. And you right, until then it's club experience. It's breakfast in Theo's even after 15th.

Not 100% certain but I read this as staff shortages. They lost a few good people the last year. Would say with some certainly that it will be later year (pre Christmas) before that is back. If they didn't open (full service) for what may have been left of the M.E Summer then it won't happen until then.

The club life thing they do rather well downstairs. But of course not the view.
Ah yes, sorry, missed the date. Was too interested in the pics!

Club life suits us fine anyway. Been a while since being a proper hotel thanks to the pandemic.

​​​Staff problems are happening all over the place by the looks of it. Hopefully the experience will be a good one. 3 nights in the Kimpton followed by 3 nights in at Park Lane. Back to back comparison will be interesting. Former booked on lux life rate, latter on Virtuoso. I shall report back in the relevant threads.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Smythmeister
Ah yes, sorry, missed the date. Was too interested in the pics!

Club life suits us fine anyway. Been a while since being a proper hotel thanks to the pandemic.

​​​Staff problems are happening all over the place by the looks of it. Hopefully the experience will be a good one. 3 nights in the Kimpton followed by 3 nights in at Park Lane. Back to back comparison will be interesting. Former booked on lux life rate, latter on Virtuoso. I shall report back in the relevant threads.
An excellent pairing sir .... No.1 son tells me the Kimpton is excellent and that I need start being less institutionalised in IC's! He has a point.

Club Life in the Wellington Lounge for afternoon Tea and Arch for evening drinks is far from a bad place to be. The guys there are flexible shall we say, on hours and offering :-)

A lot of folks went home due to Covid but also Brexit in our case. Hotel does not want to draw too much attention to this (understandable) but some of those good people who went home (Europe) unfortunately won't be coming back so easily. Big shame, had some very good folks and team there. Let's hope they return to strength.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Atacama40
An excellent pairing sir .... No.1 son tells me the Kimpton is excellent and that I need start being less institutionalised in IC's! He has a point.

Club Life in the Wellington Lounge for afternoon Tea and Arch for evening drinks is far from a bad place to be. The guys there are flexible shall we say, on hours and offering :-)

A lot of folks went home due to Covid but also Brexit in our case. Hotel does not want to draw too much attention to this (understandable) but some of those good people who went home (Europe) unfortunately won't be coming back so easily. Big shame, had some very good folks and team there. Let's hope they return to strength.
The Fitzroy in London is the only Kimpton I've stayed at so far. Had a stay back in June 2019 for one night on points. Urban Double was quite small, got the Superior One Bed this time so will see how that differs. We really enjoyed it last time. Got a stay in the Edinburgh one over Christmas this year, so be good to compare.

I'm more interested in a Park Lane experience again. My IC of choice in London is normally the O2 now. I think it offers better value and room sizes. That said, I was last at Park Lane in 2017 so has been a few years.

It's just nice to be able to get out and about again!
​​​​​
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 1:18 am

What’s the upgrade charge (if offered) now for the Club Lounge, or presently ‘Club Life’ experience? Staying here next month with the UK IHG CC Free Night cert.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000
What’s the upgrade charge (if offered) now for the Club Lounge, or presently ‘Club Life’ experience? Staying here next month with the UK IHG CC Free Night cert.
£125 per day for ambassadors. Covers 2 people.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 2:52 am

Yes it's available. Free for RA but I was told £100 per couple per night when booking a few nights for friends a couple of weeks back. Maybe was a favor price not sure.

Given the unit cost of breakfast downstairs per person is so high and the availability of reasonable grade champagne etc on 7, it's still not bad. Although evening food is more than a little thing in recent years.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 2:57 am

Interesting! Maybe worth hoping the lounge reopens by then and reassessing nearer the time. I’m just a lowly Spire with no Amb. status
Old Aug 28, 2021, 3:08 am

Interesting! Maybe worth hoping the lounge reopens by then and reassessing nearer the time. I’m just a lowly Spire with no Amb. status
It will, for sure on the 15th. It was renovated January 2020 can you believe and sat empty and unused ever since. They shut it for a month just after Christmas to do the work and bar maybe a two week period, it's been under plastic since.

But 15th September is confirmed and high percentages likely to happen bar some unpredicted change in UK covid regs.

Occupancy there is low first half month but near full end of month. Not sure why. But choice of rooms and options is restrictive last few days of September.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Just checked in here, and very happy. Whenever I’m just about to give up on IHG they surprise me. After the O2 ‘selected’ as quarantine hotel and ‘due to time constraints’ unable to help re-accommodate me lines, last stay at Fitzroy with no upgrade, I book a Mayfair Grand room on a BOGOF weekend rate. I expect a one cat upgrade to a Mayfair Studio. App shows Mayfair Suite. Then today App changes to Mayfair Grand Suite.

Sure enough, that’s what I got. I’ve had nice 1bdr suites here before but this is the nicest. Fantastic view of Wellington Arch. Room ready at just after noon, really excellent welcome / door service, front office totally on it. So far, I’m reminded why I renewed Amb status, and why the IC properties in particular keep delivering. So happy to be here post-lockdown (sounds sad but have really missed it). Feeling very lucky and thankful.

This is more than I expected from a property that in my eyes, unlike the Fitzroy, has absolutely nothing to prove.

Was just about sold on booking the Grand Hyatt for a (hopeful) trip to Dubai (as cheaper) but am now reconsidering going back to IC Festival City - another jewel in IC’s crown, in my book.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador

Thought I would share these of the Mayfair Grand One Bedroom Suite. Not expecting this upgrade (from a Mayfair Grand Room) every time - but was a nice treat & very welcome.
Genius1, HadesNL and TGLoyalty like this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN

Thought I would share these of the Mayfair Grand One Bedroom Suite. Not expecting this upgrade (from a Mayfair Grand Room) every time - but was a nice treat & very welcome.
They really have made a good job of the new rooms. Nice upgrade Ian. Also amazing how quick the Peninsular has gone up. That's going to be heavy competition very soon.
IAMORGAN and HadesNL like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.