Intercontinental London Park Lane
One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays.
You can earn points for food and beverage spending in the restaurants & bars: Wellington Lounge, Arch Bar

Lounge Supplement: Ambassador rate is £150/day for up to two guests, non-Ambassador rate is £185/day. Prices as of Sept 2022.

Lounge Benefits:

Club InterContinental privileges include:
  • Private registration for check-in and check-out
  • A complimentary welcome drink
  • Club InterContinental deluxe breakfast between 06:30 - 10:30 M-F and 06:30 -11:00 on Weekends
  • Afternoon Tea with seasonal sandwiches, scones with jam, homemade cakes/pastries, and a pot of tea between 14:30 - 16:30
  • Evening drinks - Champagne, cocktails, and canapés between 17:30 - 19:30
  • Entertainment area featuring a plasma TV and wireless internet access
  • Shower facilities
  • Complimentary pressing of two pieces of clothing per stay (express service is not included)
  • Personalized Concierge and business services
  • Complimentary local calls (0203, 0207, 0208)
  • All day refreshments
Notes:
  • On weekends between 09:30 -10:30, Club InterContinental can be considerably busier, so guests may wish to consider alternative times to avoid any unexpected inconvenience
  • Club InterContinental is included for a maximum of two people. Any additional guests would incur extra charges (50 GBP for guests of Ambassadors and 60 GBP for all others).

Recent Experiences

Royal Ambassador
September 2017
October 2017
October 2017
June 2018
October 2021
October 2022
January 2023

Ambassador
May 2018
May 2018
May 2018
April 2019
July 2021
April 2022
September 2022
November 2022
May 2023
May 2023

Older discussion about this hotel:
Archive Thread

Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2019, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
Stayed here recently in a Mayfair Grand Room having had a 1 category upgrade from a Deluxe.

The good - 2 drinks instead of one (so many properties are tight and it included some good cocktails), I like the room decor and seems to have been done to a decent standard.

the bar area is well done, drinks are great and food isn’t bad either all at pretty reasonable prices for a central London hotel. The staff and bellmen etc are all very nice.

breakfast is ok for those that don’t have it included or comp’d (continental with hot buffet at £25 each and a few choices of cooked to order for an extra £10 I think)

The bad

For some bizarre reason unknown to me they seem to think I wanted a twin the room even though I booked a one bed and I can’t see an option on app or website to change the bed type before a stay just floor, lift proximity and smoking/non - any ideas to see where they think I’ve set this preference On my account and to change it would be appreciated.

Anyway they said they can push together and make them into a king as it’s the only one in this category left (skeptical but agreed as they were adamant it’s my account that says this). We left for a couple of hours so they could change it while I was out someone turned up half did it then left with duvet/pillows etc placed all over the room.

We then return to have to wait for it all to be done and it means we are 30 mins late for dinner and are then sat around for a further 45 mins waiting for a table to now be free. (they offered breakfast as service recovery which I accepted in hindsight I should’ve asked for club access as we aren’t morning people and didn’t use breakfast on the second morning). I wouldn’t have actually minded if they didn’t do at all as atleast we could’ve got ready etc then called them to do it while we were out again.

However, as expected this solution is rubbish because the mattress topper is clearly too small to cover the whole of both beds and as expected where the two mattresses meet isn’t comfortable as the topper isn’t very thick.

The bathroom is tiny and I mean tiny though as I said about the room done to a decent standard.
Quite like the new rooms. Had only just got used to the old ones!

Mind I agree the window situ ... I also spent 20 mins fumbling around trying to close the frame on 7 last week. The perils of seeing 200 bicycle riding Santa's entering the Hyde Park gate. Last time I get all excitable for an unnecessary photo!

Theme of this month for me the window was broken but it was just the closing mechanism meaning it wasn’t quite sealed so was quickly fixed after the first night (just annoying these things aren’t fixed by the property before guests stay) and sound proofing was pretty good given it was 3rd floor and facing park lane.

Last edited by Atacama40; Dec 24, 2019 at 5:30 am
Old Dec 24, 2019, 5:29 am

I'm sure regulars will know but the club lounge is closed at IC PL from 1st Jan through 27th/28th Jan. They will provide club lounge service down in the bar/Wellington area.

All the old dark wood coming out, check in desk moving ... get the impression it's a fairly extensive mod although retaining the same basic geometry which is more than good anyway.

Had couple stays in December and service has been first class. As a past PL sceptic I should say I've had nothing but first class service, upgrades and attention the last 24 months.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Atacama40
Had couple stays in December and service has been first class. As a past PL sceptic I should say I've had nothing but first class service, upgrades and attention the last 24 months.
You can see the pic above this wasn’t just some excuse to find fault with any little thing and get a better upgrade. Duvets/pillows on the two tables, bed without sheets and pillows on the luggage rack/seat. I could have just moved them and got on with it but who pays £500 a night (I used my 2-4-1) to end up in situations like this. At no point while I was on the phone to front desk waiting for someone to come and fix it did they say I have something higher to move to you to straight away.

There were offers to move is to another room of a lower category to get ready (waste of time as we move everything take stuff out of bags then move back?)

I know it’s not the same location but if I was actually paying £400+ a night I’d be booking at FS ten trinity where the rooms and service actually is top class.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 3:45 am

You can see the pic above this wasn’t just some excuse to find fault with any little thing and get a better upgrade. Duvets/pillows on the two tables, bed without sheets and pillows on the luggage rack/seat. I could have just moved them and got on with it but who pays £500 a night (I used my 2-4-1) to end up in situations like this. At no point while I was on the phone to front desk waiting for someone to come and fix it did they say I have something higher to move to you to straight away.

There were offers to move is to another room of a lower category to get ready (waste of time as we move everything take stuff out of bags then move back?)

I know it’s not the same location but if I was actually paying £400+ a night I’d be booking at FS ten trinity where the rooms and service actually is top class.
Hi TGLoyalty, apols, my at speed jot down was not to undermine your comment about experience, far from. Was purely a reflection that I used to be more than harsh on PL in years gone by. Have to plead guilty to being ruined by pretty well all IC's over 25+ years but always felt a bit overlooked at PL. The last few years it's been significantly better and recent stays I feel like I belong now :-) .... think my RA ego has been preened and restored! Not a slight on your experience which you are right to comment on.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 4:38 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Hi TGLoyalty, apols, my at speed jot down was not to undermine your comment about experience, far from. Was purely a reflection that I used to be more than harsh on PL in years gone by. Have to plead guilty to being ruined by pretty well all IC's over 25+ years but always felt a bit overlooked at PL. The last few years it's been significantly better and recent stays I feel like I belong now :-) .... think my RA ego has been preened and restored! Not a slight on your experience which you are right to comment on.
no need for apols I also didn’t mean to make it sound like I was taking offence to your post. Rather just commenting it’s times like this when you actually test service levels and for me this failed miserably.

Also there is no where on the website/app for you to change your bed preference (anymore) so I have to put a special request note to say I actually want a one bed room I reserved when booking my stay and not a twin regardless of what my account says, though I’ve asked for that to be escalated with IHG and removed.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 5:34 am

no need for apols I also didn’t mean to make it sound like I was taking offence to your post. Rather just commenting it’s times like this when you actually test service levels and for me this failed miserably.

Also there is no where on the website/app for you to change your bed preference (anymore) so I have to put a special request note to say I actually want a one bed room I reserved when booking my stay and not a twin regardless of what my account says, though I’ve asked for that to be escalated with IHG and removed.
Understand and totally agree. Just to note, if you struggle get support there in future, PM me and I can provide contact details of good folks there who can steer and shape and in good spirit. Cheers
TGLoyalty likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm sure regulars will know but the club lounge is closed at IC PL from 1st Jan through 27th/28th Jan. They will provide club lounge service down in the bar/Wellington area.

All the old dark wood coming out, check in desk moving ... get the impression it's a fairly extensive mod although retaining the same basic geometry which is more than good anyway.

Good news. Does anyone know if they will give Club to RA's on award stays after the club renovation?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Good news. Does anyone know if they will give Club to RA's on award stays after the club renovation?
Didn't think to ask ... think I'm there next week, will ask
Old Jan 25, 2020, 2:46 pm

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
Hi all - any experiences of the “club experience” here while the lounge is closed?
Old Jan 26, 2020, 1:31 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DonPedro
Hi all - any experiences of the “club experience” here while the lounge is closed?
yeah stayed yesterday. I didn’t use the breakfast or evening Canapés but I did shave the afternoon tea. the afternoon tea was great and I was served the £65 / person menu that they serve in the lobby.

breakfast is at Theo Randall and Evening selection is in the lobby too.
DonPedro likes this.
Old May 8, 2020, 11:23 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Anyone heard when London Park Lane will re-open? Waiting on refund for cancelled stay scheduled for end of May, and was told by IHG central that refund has to be initiated by the hotel.
Old May 9, 2020, 1:45 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Brostman
Anyone heard when London Park Lane will re-open? Waiting on refund for cancelled stay scheduled for end of May, and was told by IHG central that refund has to be initiated by the hotel.
should be contactable by phone! I believe it’s being used to help the homeless which is laudable
Old May 9, 2020, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by Brostman
Not hugely useful in terms of answering your problem but the plan was to reopen mid May. That is not happening now and the plan is up in the air until further clarity from UK gov when gets it's act together with some form of plan/steps etc.

That was from the horses mouth about 8 days back. Get the impression they keen to be doing something but of course have to be guided by policy and common sense etc.

Keith Barr was on CNN yesterday gently upbeat about IHG return to the market. From memory he mentioned that China area was returning to full operation (big market for them) and that they expected the other growth area to be domestic business of course rather than travel/leisure. Makes sense in broad terms I guess.

What IHG are saying to you is correct ... and in fairness IHG seem be taking a decent line on refunds policy even for advance prepay non cancel options. I've had to cancel Buchrest, Oman and Bangkok on advance prepay and refunds have been accepted and in process but takes a few weeks.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 2:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Intercontinental Park Lane re-opening from 21 September.
Accepting bookings already.
pilgrim and VaBeachGirl like this.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Intercontinental Park Lane re-opening from 21 September.
Accepting bookings already.
Seems now pushed back to October 1st.

Understandable given announcements I guess and the high unit cost keeping an IC open

Just tried book for tonight and rest of week and all September blocked out.

Message on web site says Theo Randal is however open as normal.

Last edited by Atacama40; Sep 23, 2020 at 1:01 am Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.