FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador Experiences 2023
Old May 29, 2023, 7:23 am
MrsW

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
IC London PL

IC London PL

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? We booked the cheapest cosy room and received a two level upgrade to a premium room.

How are the rooms? Well, I last stayed here before I had kids and my eldest is now 20 years old. The hotel hasn’t changed a bit, and that’s not in a good way. The furniture is 1970s G plan style. It wouldn’t look out of place in your granny’s house. Beds were comfortable though. Over bath shower with shower curtain, rather than a glass screen. Robes and slippers. Large pump bottles of Byredo amenities which were not bolted down.

How is the exec. lounge? It was packed with mostly Middle Eastern guests and their badly behaved children who were running round shrieking like banshees. Peaceful and relaxing it was not. For happy hour I chose a nice glass of Gavi. I was offered a top up which I accepted but sadly they had run out. Seemingly the entire hotel had no Gavi. The food was lovely. We also squeezed in two afternoon teas and breakfast. If I didn’t had the free two year lounge pass, I wouldn’t spend £185 extra a day for access.

What was good and what was bad? Good - we checked in at the lounge and received a glass of English sparkling wine each to welcome us.
Handwritten card plus fruit bowl and large water bottles waiting in the room.
Proactively given 4pm checkout and the room keys were programmed to reflect this.
We selected a drinks voucher as our diamond welcome gift. We chose cocktails which were priced at £18 each.
Decent breakfast menu in the lounge.
Wide selection of inroom coffee and tea plus Nespresso machine.
My son had lunch in the bar, the food was good.
No charge for the colour printer in the business centre.
I am told the gym was well equipped.
Bad - we had our do not disturb sign on the door and housekeeping still knocked……
The ghastly dark furniture in the room. It made the room feel small.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? We used our credit card free night voucher. Cash rates were around £450. Although this IC is closer to home, I prefer the better facilities at the O2. Maybe we’ll return in 20 years to see if the furniture has been updated.

Cocktails, garnished with a thistle, not a dead fly!