Intercontinental London Park Lane
One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays.
You can earn points for food and beverage spending in the restaurants & bars: Wellington Lounge, Arch Bar

Lounge Supplement: Ambassador rate is £150/day for up to two guests, non-Ambassador rate is £185/day. Prices as of Sept 2022.

Lounge Benefits:

Club InterContinental privileges include:
  • Private registration for check-in and check-out
  • A complimentary welcome drink
  • Club InterContinental deluxe breakfast between 06:30 - 10:30 M-F and 06:30 -11:00 on Weekends
  • Afternoon Tea with seasonal sandwiches, scones with jam, homemade cakes/pastries, and a pot of tea between 14:30 - 16:30
  • Evening drinks - Champagne, cocktails, and canapés between 17:30 - 19:30
  • Entertainment area featuring a plasma TV and wireless internet access
  • Shower facilities
  • Complimentary pressing of two pieces of clothing per stay (express service is not included)
  • Personalized Concierge and business services
  • Complimentary local calls (0203, 0207, 0208)
  • All day refreshments
Notes:
  • On weekends between 09:30 -10:30, Club InterContinental can be considerably busier, so guests may wish to consider alternative times to avoid any unexpected inconvenience
  • Club InterContinental is included for a maximum of two people. Any additional guests would incur extra charges (50 GBP for guests of Ambassadors and 60 GBP for all others).

Recent Experiences

Royal Ambassador
September 2017
October 2017
October 2017
June 2018
October 2021
October 2022
January 2023

Ambassador
May 2018
May 2018
May 2018
April 2019
July 2021
April 2022
September 2022
November 2022
May 2023
May 2023

Older discussion about this hotel:
Archive Thread

Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
We’ve moved again!

8th floor end of corridor. Seems much quieter.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by SudOvest
Thanks so much!

My only concern is that I'm trying to figure out how to handle luggage. We have 2 backpacks, 2 car seats, a stroller (pram) plus a few other bits. My wife won't be able to carry it all and the reservation is in her name. Maybe she could check in alone and say her husband (me) will arrive later, bring a few things up to the room then come bring me the key while I wait in a cafe with the two kids? Or should she just check in with one of the kids and they be the "two" people on the reservation and I come in later with my other older child?
I think you’re over thinking it 🙂

Nobody is going to say / put in writing this is allowed as officially as you say they have a certified room occupancy!

But more of a case of ‘ask me no questions and I’ll tell you no lies’!
HadesNL and Atacama40 like this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 3:23 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Geoggy : thanks for reporting ! Shame your stay is marred by hiccups,
As 336 says the hotel has become cocky and thinks it can pull these tricks, despicable!

The old studio suite is deffo not a 1bedroom suite!
Some are located in the open section leg of the A-floorplan with limited views.
I got one of these once, it reeked of smoke!
As a chimney myself i don't mind smoke but i wasn't to get the bill for cleaning due to the previous guest being a coal plant!
We got a deluxe one bedroom suite as substitute : those are the true ones with the table for 4

Atacama40 : thank you so much for the Club Lounge spread photos!
You seem to do a great job in my absence!
Great you can report as our resident IC Parklane expert......i leave it in your capable hands
Glad to see the centre display stand being used again : Mrs Slocombe & Mr Grainger would be proud!
And yes crackers and butter .....
but i guess experation dates and freshness were an incentive not to offer them untill business was stable again.
Those pesky beancounters!

Now hope the club lounge afternoon tea buffet returns in full glory soon....

PS: glad the club lounge does not feature a "heavy" Middle Eastern food focus,
at all Qatari owned hotel buildings one cannot escape the eternal humus and couscous in the restaurants being served, usually a sad mimic from the orginal tasty recipies (just my experience)
Atacama40 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 3:44 pm

It’s getting slowly worse. The AC in this room simply doesn’t work.

We’ve had it on 14 since we moved here about 5pm. Maintenance guy just visited and checked temperature blowing from vents and it was 23.

If I hadn’t had several glasses of Pommery earlier we’d be on the M40 now.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Geoggy : you sure you havn't checked in at Fawlty Towers?
The AC might be programmed to stick till 18 even though the dial goes to 14.
A shrewd way to cut energy consumption.

If your room faces Hyde Park or Wellington Arch, it faces west and south and can heat up fast!

Good luck with the remainder of the stay!
Atacama40 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by HadesNL
Geoggy : thanks for reporting ! Shame your stay is marred by hiccups,
As 336 says the hotel has become cocky and thinks it can pull these tricks, despicable!

The old studio suite is deffo not a 1bedroom suite!
Some are located in the open section leg of the A-floorplan with limited views.
I got one of these once, it reeked of smoke!
As a chimney myself i don't mind smoke but i wasn't to get the bill for cleaning due to the previous guest being a coal plant!
We got a deluxe one bedroom suite as substitute : those are the true ones with the table for 4

Atacama40 : thank you so much for the Club Lounge spread photos!
You seem to do a great job in my absence!
Great you can report as our resident IC Parklane expert......i leave it in your capable hands
Glad to see the centre display stand being used again : Mrs Slocombe & Mr Grainger would be proud!
And yes crackers and butter .....
but i guess experation dates and freshness were an incentive not to offer them untill business was stable again.
Those pesky beancounters!

Now hope the club lounge afternoon tea buffet returns in full glory soon....

PS: glad the club lounge does not feature a "heavy" Middle Eastern food focus,
at all Qatari owned hotel buildings one cannot escape the eternal humus and couscous in the restaurants being served, usually a sad mimic from the orginal tasty recipies (just my experience)
Slocombe and Grainger indeed .... you dating yourself there Hades. To pretty much the exact age as moi

Appreciate the comment Hades but my assessments are average at best compared to yours. The new food offer is pleasing step up.

And in fairness the humous I believe they make in-house and is rather good. Strange you mention ... I've only recently took to that at PL. Also interesting you mention Afternoon Tea as I do believe they are indeed working on updating the offer there. To what I have no idea but I got the idea it might be sometime quite soon.

Got a few stays coming up so hopefully learn a little more.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Geoggy
It’s getting slowly worse. The AC in this room simply doesn’t work.

We’ve had it on 14 since we moved here about 5pm. Maintenance guy just visited and checked temperature blowing from vents and it was 23.

If I hadn’t had several glasses of Pommery earlier we’d be on the M40 now.
Funny you say that Geoggy (well not funny as such) .... I had otherwise decent but unrenovated suites on 8 a couple of times the last month. Nice enough rooms but totally agree the AC was woeful and ineffective. I lived with it and put it down to unseasonably warm weather. Not pleasant.

Poor form them moving you about in that manner.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 12:45 pm

Home now. Strange experience last night.

After the maintenance guy visited and basically didn’t fix the AC I called “Instant service” and said we can’t sleep we are too hot.

They sent up a set of keys for yet another room and said just move your stuff in the morning.

Robes on, moved rooms. AC on - room nice and chilled.

Then it kept turning itself off all night. We had to get up and keep turning it back on.

So a really poor nights sleep. Had a moan in the lounge about it at check out and they comped us one day of lounge access.

Trying not to let that ruin the stay. But certainly left a bad taste. They walked us from a room they couldn’t possibly sell, that I would have happily not had serviced and they’ve ended up having to service 3 rooms as a result.

Bonkers.

Parry is still the best doorman in London and Luis still gives great service in the lounge.
HadesNL and Atacama40 like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by Atacama40
Slocombe and Grainger indeed .... you dating yourself there Hades. To pretty much the exact age as moi
Got a few stays coming up so hopefully learn a little more.
If you still know the difference between,
enticing directoires + bloomers and black suspenders,
you can guess that i am from the dark ages

14.00 - 16.30
The club lounge used to serve at the buffet an array of sweets & savouries to compose your own afternoon tea.
You'd also get the étagière at your seat with the fresh baked scones and sandwiches

It was usually filling and you could top it off with the evening buffet spread.
After the evening was reduced to 3x hot canapés, the afternoon tea service was still enough to compensate.

If you find the time can you sample and try it out for the team ?

Geoggy : glad to see Luis is still there : always a generous pour and welcome face!
i can understand the broken aircon providing a restless night...
Nice if it were tropical pulsating nights with 2 unattached people thrown together on a foreign shore as in Dame Barbara Cartland novels
but not in a luxury hotel that ought to provide working mechanisms.

It is indeed mad that refurbs/renovations get postponed / delayed while the hardware needs a complete overhaul
Old Sep 4, 2022, 2:46 pm

Last day of a 3 night stay as Ambassador.

Got upgraded for first 2 nights on my 241 cert from a Mayfair Grand to a Mayfair 1 bed suite.

Paid £155 for lounge access for the 3 nights. I still like the lounge. Food is good and the Pommery champagne for 2 hours is still very enjoyable.
Hi Geoggy,

My understanding of the website is the Mayfair rooms come with lounge access as standard, was this for an additional person?

thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2022, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by rlnnpt
Hi Geoggy,

My understanding of the website is the Mayfair rooms come with lounge access as standard, was this for an additional person?

thanks!
Hi

No I don’t think they do come with lounge access.

Only specific suites now include lounge access. The £155 per day is for 2 people if you have IC Ambassador membership.

Also I tried to only add the lounge for nights 2 and 3 as we couldn’t use it on Day 1 but they wouldn’t allow that. Full stay or nothing apparently.

If you want lounge access on a paid stay then book via a Virtuoso agent. It’s been mentioned earlier in this thread
rlnnpt likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 6:25 am

Hi

No I don’t think they do come with lounge access.

Only specific suites now include lounge access. The £155 per day is for 2 people if you have IC Ambassador membership.

Also I tried to only add the lounge for nights 2 and 3 as we couldn’t use it on Day 1 but they wouldn’t allow that. Full stay or nothing apparently.

If you want lounge access on a paid stay then book via a Virtuoso agent. It’s been mentioned earlier in this thread
Been a good few years since any room at PL came with lounge unless you had RA. Unless your office is on South Audley Street that is

Very odd that they would not option the number of nights lounge access. That has always been the case and indeed I've booked that for family members in recent days and next month.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 6:28 am

Food options in evenings continue be greatly improved. And also they have added 'welcome drinks' on arrival. Worth to know so you take that early and it not get lost in the evening lounge shift

Small steps but the right direction.
schlegfr and HadesNL like this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by Atacama40
Food options in evenings continue be greatly improved. And also they have added 'welcome drinks' on arrival. Worth to know so you take that early and it not get lost in the evening lounge shift

Small steps but the right direction.
Yes we were offered a drinks voucher or 600 points. Took the drinks, and asked the guy at the lobby bar what we could use it on. He said the magic word champagne so we asked for 2 glasses - next minute he’s pouring Veuve.

And the 600 points posted anyway
Atacama40 and 336 like this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 7:18 am

Yes we were offered a drinks voucher or 600 points. Took the drinks, and asked the guy at the lobby bar what we could use it on. He said the magic word champagne so we asked for 2 glasses - next minute he’s pouring Veuve.

And the 600 points posted anyway
Hi there. No this is different again .... the old 600 points or a drink for one person is all good and in place .... in fact I think you can now choose breakfast FOC as well now. But this is a welcome drink option in lounge for all under reservation.

I think it's them adding some value to the increased rate for folks paying for lounge. Whilst originally having saw the price folks were paying and considering it quite a hike, they do appear be making the expanding the offer as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.