FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador Experiences 2022
Old Nov 17, 2022, 6:45 pm
PTahCha
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
InterContinental London Park Lane

INTERCONTINENTAL LONDON PARK LANE

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked using reward points, so default to cozy. Upgraded to classic. Offered an upgrade to superior room with park view for £65, which I passed since it was only an one night stay.

How are the rooms?

Small and cozy - can't imagine how much smaller the cozy room is. Lovely view of the lower green rooftop.

How is the exec. lounge?

No access to lounge.

What was good and what was bad?

Good - Very attentive service, almost overwhelming. Very accessible location to the Underground and the surrounding attractions. Turn down service is still being provided.

Bad - the front desk system was down when I tried to check out, and as of result they did not apply the Ambassador F&B credit to the folio. Could not get a live front desk person over the phone, as the system just keeps disconnect me. The matter was resolved over email, so that's a plus.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

At over £500 per night, if I did not use any points, there are better values to be had elsewhere. Still, the above-and-beyond service level was excellent.