Intercontinental London Park Lane
One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays.
You can earn points for food and beverage spending in the restaurants & bars: Wellington Lounge, Arch Bar

Lounge Supplement: Ambassador rate is £150/day for up to two guests, non-Ambassador rate is £185/day. Prices as of Sept 2022.

Lounge Benefits:

Club InterContinental privileges include:
  • Private registration for check-in and check-out
  • A complimentary welcome drink
  • Club InterContinental deluxe breakfast between 06:30 - 10:30 M-F and 06:30 -11:00 on Weekends
  • Afternoon Tea with seasonal sandwiches, scones with jam, homemade cakes/pastries, and a pot of tea between 14:30 - 16:30
  • Evening drinks - Champagne, cocktails, and canapés between 17:30 - 19:30
  • Entertainment area featuring a plasma TV and wireless internet access
  • Shower facilities
  • Complimentary pressing of two pieces of clothing per stay (express service is not included)
  • Personalized Concierge and business services
  • Complimentary local calls (0203, 0207, 0208)
  • All day refreshments
Notes:
  • On weekends between 09:30 -10:30, Club InterContinental can be considerably busier, so guests may wish to consider alternative times to avoid any unexpected inconvenience
  • Club InterContinental is included for a maximum of two people. Any additional guests would incur extra charges (50 GBP for guests of Ambassadors and 60 GBP for all others).

Recent Experiences

Royal Ambassador
September 2017
October 2017
October 2017
June 2018
October 2021
October 2022
January 2023

Ambassador
May 2018
May 2018
May 2018
April 2019
July 2021
April 2022
September 2022
November 2022
May 2023
May 2023

Older discussion about this hotel:
Archive Thread

Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2023, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Question LHR to ICParak Lane and return. Anyone know about how much a black cab would be?
Is there a better alternative?
I have considered Uber but wonering if the walk through to the short term parking is a hassle. I am pretty familiar with LHR as a transit airprot but it has been years since I have done a stop over in London. Not looking at Train at this point. I think timing may be an issue there
Arrival/Departure from T3

TIA for any tips
Old Jan 8, 2023, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by ARR72
Does anyone know how much the hotel charges for breakfast?
It’s £28pp for the buffet, I recall. Great value when it’s chosen as the Diamond amenity, which includes all adt. a la carte items.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by pazza2000
It’s £28pp for the buffet, I recall. Great value when it’s chosen as the Diamond amenity, which includes all adt. a la carte items.
Thanks, good to know. I’m taking my niece to London. She will be staying in her own separate room so i wanted to know how much it would be for one extra breakfast (in addition to my Diamond benefit). In essence £28 for 3 (avg) works well.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by ARR72
Thanks, good to know. I’m taking my niece to London. She will be staying in her own separate room so i wanted to know how much it would be for one extra breakfast (in addition to my Diamond benefit). In essence £28 for 3 (avg) works well.
They may be flexible with you, as I said the two Diamonds can order as many a la carte items as they like in adt. to the buffet, or at least that was the case recently.
ARR72 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by AndyUK_101
On the negatives, lounge service is a little hit and miss, no clotted cream for the afternoon for 2 days, limited tea options, slow service at breakfast - all first-world problems but just enough to take the edge off the experience
Would you recommend breakfast in the lounge vs the restaurant, it included via Diamond?

Also, did you check out the evening offering in the lounge, and if so is it worth a visit?
Old Jan 10, 2023, 1:34 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
No clotted cream in the land of afternoon tea and scones in the Club Lounge of the IC Park Lane is embarrassing. I gave the folks here at the IC SIN a hard time for their whipped cream, but in London - how dare they .
pazza2000, HadesNL and joorinainen like this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 11:07 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Would you recommend breakfast in the lounge vs the restaurant, it included via Diamond?

Also, did you check out the evening offering in the lounge, and if so is it worth a visit?
Depends on how you like your breakfast. The order anything you want from the restaurant plus buffet is certain a good deal.

Also, the Diamond breakfast is in lieu of other welcome amenity options (points or welcome drinks).
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by PTahCha
Also, the Diamond breakfast is in lieu of other welcome amenity options (points or welcome drinks).
Ah yes, good point.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 4:52 am

Just wanted to point out that you can now book for check-on December 31st of this year. At a cash rate of ~303 GBP or 63000 points which are both actually the lowest rates you'll find all year right now.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Detailed review of my stay in January 2023

What is your IHG One Rewards status?
Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Mixed feeling:
- yes for the quality of the service and the club lounge,
- no for the room, small, dated and in poor condition.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest rate and received Premium Room.

How are the rooms?
Around 28sqm
Very dated design.

Seating area with sofa facing the window and coffee table.
Desk with European and English sockets.

Comfortable bed.
Small Closet.
Tiny bathroom with bathtub. Bal d'Afrique toiletries

Television sets with good selection of international channels. Chromecast
Free PressReader

Very quiet. Efficient heating system.

View over the city and Green Park.

How is the exec. lounge?
Although the service has always been very good, I was never a fan of the club lounge in London, which had a poor offering.

Things have really improved: excellent breakfast, afternoon tea and evening spread.

Absolutely lovely service.
Soft renovation nice.

The place is very quiet and the view pleasant.

What was good and what was bad?

GOOD
- The service at Park Lane has long been impersonal and of poor quality. Things have improved considerably: all the staff (bell-boy, reception, club lounge, restaurant, bar) were smiling and considerate.
- Central location
- Great club lounge
- Very good restaurant.

BAD
- The room was really not up to standard: terribly dated decoration, damaged furniture, questionable cleanliness (many stains on the bathroom door, on the light switches, on the sofa, dust in the corners).
Most of the TV channels did not work: either no sound or no picture or sound.
Chromecast didn't work: it disconnected as soon as the video started.
The minibar was empty, and you had to ask room service to fill it up. My Diet Coke arrived after 20 minutes, without a bottle opener. I'm still waiting for it.
The cabinet containing the kettle and Nespresso coffee machine has no socket: you have to carry the coffee machine on the desk to operate it.
The alarm clock was still on summer time .

Value for $ or IHG One Rewards Points? Would you return?
As the hotel is not exactly cheap, the value for money is extremely poor.
It is extremely regrettable that the hotel has not taken advantage of the last two years to renovate its rooms and bring them up to standard. Especially as the uber-luxury offer in the immediate area is going to increase greatly.
However, it is very nice to see that the service has greatly improved, as well as the club lounge offer.

Exterior

Lobby

The Arch Bar and Wellington Lounge

Number One Park Lane Alpine Bar

Alex Webb on Park Lane

Access to the rooms

Premium room

Welcome gift

View from the room

Spa

Fitness centre

Theo Randall Restaurant

Club lounge

Breakfast

Afternoon tea

Evening spread

Last edited by nicolas75; Jan 31, 2023 at 10:04 am
Old Jan 31, 2023, 2:48 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Thanks for taking one for our team !

It is indeed sad that the renovations drag on and on and on and on and on and on ...,
While across the street the Penninsula is due to open soon and the Hilton Parklane is going to get a full refurb

The random lottery of rooms + the Mayfair (renovated)upsell = makes this place in stay quality a poor choice,
However as others have said: the Club Lounge + Theo Randall's restaurant remain exquisite
nicolas75 and Atacama40 like this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75
What is your IHG One Rewards status?
Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Mixed feeling:
- yes for the quality of the service and the club lounge,
- no for the room, small, dated and in poor condition.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest rate and received Premium Room.

How are the rooms?
Around 28sqm
Very dated design.

Seating area with sofa facing the window and coffee table.
Desk with European and English sockets.

Comfortable bed.
Small Closet.
Tiny bathroom with bathtub. Bal d'Afrique toiletries

Television sets with good selection of international channels. Chromecast
Free PressReader

Very quiet. Efficient heating system.

View over the city and Green Park.

How is the exec. lounge?
Although the service has always been very good, I was never a fan of the club lounge in London, which had a poor offering.

Things have really improved: excellent breakfast, afternoon tea and evening spread.

Absolutely lovely service.
Soft renovation nice.

The place is very quiet and the view pleasant.

What was good and what was bad?

GOOD
- The service at Park Lane has long been impersonal and of poor quality. Things have improved considerably: all the staff (bell-boy, reception, club lounge, restaurant, bar) were smiling and considerate.
- Central location
- Great club lounge
- Very good restaurant.

BAD
- The room was really not up to standard: terribly dated decoration, damaged furniture, questionable cleanliness (many stains on the bathroom door, on the light switches, on the sofa, dust in the corners).
Most of the TV channels did not work: either no sound or no picture or sound.
Chromecast didn't work: it disconnected as soon as the video started.
The minibar was empty, and you had to ask room service to fill it up. My Diet Coke arrived after 20 minutes, without a bottle opener. I'm still waiting for it.
The cabinet containing the kettle and Nespresso coffee machine has no socket: you have to carry the coffee machine on the desk to operate it.

Value for $ or IHG One Rewards Points? Would you return?
As the hotel is not exactly cheap, the value for money is extremely poor.
It is extremely regrettable that the hotel has not taken advantage of the last two years to renovate its rooms and bring them up to standard. Especially as the uber-luxury offer in the immediate area is going to increase greatly.
However, it is very nice to see that the service has greatly improved, as well as the club lounge offer.
As a regular here, I'd say that was a fair assessment Nicolas.

Lounge as a location has always been solid .... even without F&B it's a great footprint. I defy anyone not to like it.

Lounge as a product/service degraded for most in the run up to pandemic for most. I have to include myself as luckier than most being looked after but I saw it. It has improved since last Summer ... at least food wise, not necessarily drink. Cocktails are by and large off the menu whereas I've been given cocktails 'to-go' in the past. Small things spoil.

The service in lounge as you say is now back to where it always was (pre/post pandemic) usually super with a long standing small core staff and new members being very good as well.

Your comments on staff front door, bell, concierge etc surprise me. ... they have always been a very consistent factor for some years and highly attentive going the extra mile regularly. And strangely much less impacted by the pandemic phase turn over wise. Never seen anything other than optimum service levels there.

Rooms have been messed about a good deal category wise and not what they were or should be. You should have got a significantly better upgrade than that. But the short reality is that they are simply high occupancy with high spend customers .....not me I hasten to add but those working in Audley Street just 200 meters up the Lane and they border areas where events help them plug the other occupancy gaps. And that gets worse each year. Let's face it, it is an incredible location in that respect. The rooms have also been hollowed out far more than it's piers .... as you say, mini bar, amenities etc. Poor and surely minor costs saved but having an emotional if not practical impact on higher end stayers and especially RA types.
nicolas75 and HadesNL like this.

Last edited by Atacama40; Jan 31, 2023 at 4:00 am
Old Jan 31, 2023, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL
Thanks for taking one for our team !

It is indeed sad that the renovations drag on and on and on and on and on and on ...,
While across the street the Penninsula is due to open soon and the Hilton Parklane is going to get a full refurb

The random lottery of rooms + the Mayfair (renovated)upsell = makes this place in stay quality a poor choice,
However as others have said: the Club Lounge + Theo Randall's restaurant remain exquisite
Solid point you make about the Peninsula Hades .... mind you, if it ever actually opens .... seems to have taken forever.

I've mentioned this with them many times. Mind you it will be a somewhat higher price point. And again thinking on, whilst that might be a factor for Moi, it will not be for those I referred to in the earlier post ... it will just mean another 100 meter walk or more likely a black S class the extra few meters.

Not really sure Theo's adds a great deal anymore Hades. It's an OK eating place sure but since down grading it to the breakfast location and effectively becoming the all day diner, that has a lot less appeal. Was far better when the Cookbook Cafe operated and differentiated nicely.
HadesNL likes this.

Last edited by Atacama40; Jan 31, 2023 at 4:09 am
Old Jan 31, 2023, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Atacama40
But the short reality is that they are simply high occupancy with high spend customers .....not me I hasten to add but those working in Audley Street just 200 meters up the Lane and they border areas where events help them plug the other occupancy gaps. And that gets worse each year.
The hotel actually seemed very lowly occupied the last weekend. There were only a maximum of 4 couples in the club lounge for breakfast and in the evening (which was a shame as all the food went to waste).

Also, many rooms (including suites) were available.

I had specified during the booking that it was my birthday (which obviously had no effect ).
HadesNL likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75
The hotel actually seemed very lowly occupied the last weekend. There were only a maximum of 4 couples in the club lounge for breakfast and in the evening (which was a shame as all the food went to waste).

Also, many rooms (including suites) were available.

I had specified during the booking that it was my birthday (which obviously had no effect ).
Unusual but quite possible. I guess depends on timing.

They do have solid core business and it's not really the likes of me or I imagine you either Nicolas. We help sure but large families from the GCC attract a huge amount more focus, urgency and speed of movement. And I speak as one relatively well looked after on that spectrum.

That's a poor do room wise. Especially if they did have capacity. I have to say, there does seem to be a deficit of the more considerate handling that has been very much experienced in the past. Things like birthday should be spotted straight off, especially with track record and history.
HadesNL likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.