FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador Experiences 2018
Old May 9, 18, 3:49 pm
Points Scrounger
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
IC Park Lane - London

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked Classic, I believe it was, as an award stay. Was informed I had been upgraded (one category); wasn't expecting a suite, so whatever I got would've been pretty much okay.

Welcome amenities of a plate of fruit and liter bottle of water per day provided. Also, a coupon for free drink + appetizer (starter) given at check-in.

How are the rooms?

I felt it was a rather nice room, with lots of space. Especially quiet, and good light-proofing as well.
​​​​​​
​​How is the exec. lounge?
​​​​No mention made of paying for access, and I didn't ask.

What was good and what was bad?

​​I had neglected to latch the door upon arrival, so rather startled reading in bed a bit later when another guest proceeded to open the door with his new key, putting down his bag. He good-naturedly returned to reception to sort out his lodgings, while I called guest services about it. Subsequently, a bottle of wine and a cheese plate delivered with a note from the manager comping breakfast for both days of my stay.

The back-to-back nights were not "seamless" as my keys expired at noon each day, requiring me to traipse back to the desk (London was having a heat wave at the time). Housekeeping had thought I was checking out after the first night, though they were fine with "Okay, you're 'adding' (staying over) another night."

They were very good about a 4pm checkout as an Ambassador benefit.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

In this case, the value wasn't bad, because I was able to use my Chase Free Night + 70K. Since that will no longer be possible, 140K for two nights would be steep I think.