FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador Experiences 2023
Old May 30, 2023, 7:03 am
Cashew72

IC London PL

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a One Bedroom Suite (Mayfair floor) and received a 2 cat upgrade to a Prestige Suite with park view (77sqm apparently).

How are the rooms?
Lovely room with wonderful views. A strange secondary entrance that led into a small hallway and directly into the bathroom. Wonderfully comfortable bed and useful dressing room. No natural light in the bathroom which I'm never a fan of but it was a good size and served it's purpose.

How is the exec. lounge?
We had a busy weekend schedule so didn't take the option and not sure I would've for the price anyway.

What was good and what was bad?
Good -
  • Reached out to arrange some bits for the room on arrival (birthday weekend) and it was all there and ready to check into at 11.30am. Fruit, bottle of wine, card, birthday balloons, cake and champagne. Automatically given 4pm checkout. Paid for the balloons but everything else was complimentary.
  • I'd requested breakfast as my Diamond amenity and they were happy for me to have one day of this as room service, at no cost.
  • Wonderful door staff and excellent Guest Relations team.
  • Breakfast is a real spread, top marks for that.
Bad -
  • No fresh milk?!! I simply do not understand how this is possible in this hotel. I asked for some at the desk when we returned, a short while later the door knocked and I was presented with a silver tray...of UHT packs!!
  • Charged for the in room dining but this was comped when I brought up our prior agreement.
  • It feels it's a fairly soulless place, very shiny and almost sterile.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Was staying on an AMB weekend cert and it cost about £600 per night, this was good value to me but I won't come back in a hurry, I prefer the Kimpton's overall feel and airy rooms.

Last edited by Cashew72; May 30, 2023 at 8:24 am