Intercontinental London Park Lane
One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays.
You can earn points for food and beverage spending in the restaurants & bars: Wellington Lounge, Arch Bar

Lounge Supplement: Ambassador rate is £150/day for up to two guests, non-Ambassador rate is £185/day. Prices as of Sept 2022.

Lounge Benefits:

Club InterContinental privileges include:
  • Private registration for check-in and check-out
  • A complimentary welcome drink
  • Club InterContinental deluxe breakfast between 06:30 - 10:30 M-F and 06:30 -11:00 on Weekends
  • Afternoon Tea with seasonal sandwiches, scones with jam, homemade cakes/pastries, and a pot of tea between 14:30 - 16:30
  • Evening drinks - Champagne, cocktails, and canapés between 17:30 - 19:30
  • Entertainment area featuring a plasma TV and wireless internet access
  • Shower facilities
  • Complimentary pressing of two pieces of clothing per stay (express service is not included)
  • Personalized Concierge and business services
  • Complimentary local calls (0203, 0207, 0208)
  • All day refreshments
Notes:
  • On weekends between 09:30 -10:30, Club InterContinental can be considerably busier, so guests may wish to consider alternative times to avoid any unexpected inconvenience
  • Club InterContinental is included for a maximum of two people. Any additional guests would incur extra charges (50 GBP for guests of Ambassadors and 60 GBP for all others).

Recent Experiences

Royal Ambassador
September 2017
October 2017
October 2017
June 2018
October 2021
October 2022
January 2023

Ambassador
May 2018
May 2018
May 2018
April 2019
July 2021
April 2022
September 2022
November 2022
May 2023
May 2023

Older discussion about this hotel:
Archive Thread

Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2022, 3:05 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
I was due to commit myself back to IC Parklane in December to see if Atacama40 has whipped the new staff into shape and has drilled management about tarting up the Club Lounge food offerings several notches up

However the Kimpton Fitzroy had such attractive rates during their 11-13 October sale that we are going to stay there instead
and have my old boarding school chums come over there too for the annual reunion...

Yet we are still unanimous that for tradition and old times sake we are going to do a group dinner at Theo Randall.
Any first hand experiences which dishes are a must?
Atacama40 likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 4:57 am

Programs: all
what’s Mayfair floor?

Originally Posted by Pecky
checked in today on credit card reward night + 40N lounge membership. Showed the app, no questions or hesitations, lounge access provided. Also got upgraded to Mayfair floor.

All in all, very happy for free.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Mayfair floor are the hotel floors with rooms / suites that are renovated and have the new "Mayfair" look

eyes rolling look

The refurbishment started at 2015
https://hlmarchitects.com/projects/g...k-lane-london/

So in 2020 only up till the 4th floor are those rooms and suites renovated:
https://premierconstructionnews.com/...don-park-lane/

As mentioned before in the thread, once a ME sheik parks his harem in the hotel, the floor is dedicated to their personal use, delaying AGAIN the renovations....

There still the upper floors to be done!
only 135 out of 449 room/suites have been tarted up

Quote:
Mayfair floor =
The hotel offers unrivalled luxury from its 135 newly refurbished rooms called Mayfair Collection,
inspired by the Royal Parks which sit on the property doorstep and its long-standing ties with British society.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by HadesNL
However the Kimpton Fitzroy had such attractive rates during their 11-13 October sale that we are going to stay there instead
You will not be disappointed. The Fitzroy is an overall better hotel, lacking only a Club. I'm in a Park Suite now which is several leagues better than the old 8th floor suite I had at the Park Lane IC.
demue, nicolas75, HadesNL and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 11:52 am

Thanks, you are right about that.

I have booked the same room type as you in the Kimpton as it does suit to host in a true seperate living room.
Atacama40 likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 2:52 pm

Staying here as a Diamond Amb. on the CC free night, I should expect breakfast, a small upgrade etc, however lounge access isn’t included unless I’ve chosen it as a milestone reward, right?
Old Oct 28, 2022, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
You will not be disappointed. The Fitzroy is an overall better hotel, lacking only a Club. I'm in a Park Suite now which is several leagues better than the old 8th floor suite I had at the Park Lane IC.
Hard to argue that. Also had a couple of Fitzroy stops in Park Suites and they have been very enjoyable and indeed better value than ICPL. The son has been telling me this for a good while and I ignored the advice.

There is definitely a little bit of a fall in consistency at PL room allocation/upgrade wise recent times that I never saw in many years of stopping. They seem to almost be engineering measured amounts of disappointment. Example .... had a super renovated large suite a couple of weeks back (not sure anyone had ever stopped in it) .... but over looking the inner courtyard! Ridiculous I know, but I didn't actually realise they had an inner courtyard! Never ever had that.

Lounge is improving it's offering and that's worth something. But the room allocation approach has equally dropped a little. Deal breaker? Well yes if it becomes a trend. For me it's a one-off .... so far. And so easy to adjust. It does appear to coincide with staff turn. New faces have replaced old hands and are implementing policy in a new and not always advantageous way. It does also seem to coincide with the arrival of a new GM a little over a year back.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 1:16 am

Just completed 3 nights at the IC park lane, booked using 40k point per night from the system hiccup a couple of months ago

Requested a paid upgrade and took the option of a premium park view room for a £65 per night charge, overall really happy with the stay. The room was a little small and dated in place but enough space to move around and with a comfy bed. Lounge access via the 40 night reward was added at check in, no quibbles along with a 4 drinks vouchers for the lobby bar

Looking through comments on the lounge I think it is back to normal now, free pour champagne along with some premium spirits with staff circulating the lounge proactively offering top-ups, a decent selection of canapes, probably not quite enough to make a meal out of the spread but enough to see you through the evening if you had a late lunch
Atacama40 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by AndyUK_101
Just completed 3 nights at the IC park lane, booked using 40k point per night from the system hiccup a couple of months ago

Requested a paid upgrade and took the option of a premium park view room for a £65 per night charge, overall really happy with the stay. The room was a little small and dated in place but enough space to move around and with a comfy bed. Lounge access via the 40 night reward was added at check in, no quibbles along with a 4 drinks vouchers for the lobby bar

Looking through comments on the lounge I think it is back to normal now, free pour champagne along with some premium spirits with staff circulating the lounge proactively offering top-ups, a decent selection of canapes, probably not quite enough to make a meal out of the spread but enough to see you through the evening if you had a late lunch
Is a good and accurate assessment Andy. Lounge is arguably better than before the pandemic period by small points.

Rooms allocation and method is strange and not what it what. Not got to the bottom of that yet. But older configurations and rooms, or decent rooms with odd view options are being pushed forward ... even to those of us who consider ourselves old hands at ICPL. Not sure if occupancy is ultra high (no real evidence of that) or if another floor is being renovated ... also not sure and I need to ask. Not been since August strangely but have a couple stops coming up. Time to start asking the question.

Is fair to say that staff churn means those who were in positions of influence and who could change a customers options without faff or pain, have moved on which is a shame.

Also room amenities are very spartan and lacking. And mini bar remains empty. Odd choices delivering irritation to guests with seemingly little benefit. I know they are changing and trying new concepts. They have been open about that. Lounge wise things are on the up. But other aspects seem slow to implement and are questionable.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by Atacama40
Is a good and accurate assessment Andy. Lounge is arguably better than before the pandemic period by small points.

Rooms allocation and method is strange and not what it what. Not got to the bottom of that yet. But older configurations and rooms, or decent rooms with odd view options are being pushed forward ... even to those of us who consider ourselves old hands at ICPL. Not sure if occupancy is ultra high (no real evidence of that) or if another floor is being renovated ... also not sure and I need to ask. Not been since August strangely but have a couple stops coming up. Time to start asking the question.

Is fair to say that staff churn means those who were in positions of influence and who could change a customers options without faff or pain, have moved on which is a shame.

Also room amenities are very spartan and lacking. And mini bar remains empty. Odd choices delivering irritation to guests with seemingly little benefit. I know they are changing and trying new concepts. They have been open about that. Lounge wise things are on the up. But other aspects seem slow to implement and are questionable.
Interesting, my first stay at the IC so no basis for comparison but I found the room amenities quite good

Byredo bal d'afrique shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion in the room which were topped up each day of the stay, a couple of bottles of water each day and housekeeping fulfilled a couple of bespoke requests for pillows and different blends of tea

Likewise, on the upgrade, my base stay was on points and for £65 a night a larger room with a decent park view felt worthwhile which the staff sorted quickly and efficiently

I don't think I'd spend £400+ per night to stay at the IC even with club access but for a long weekend on points, couldn't really ask for more

<Edit> Just had a look at a few other 5* hotels for a couple of upcoming stays, hadn't realised quite how expensive things have become - the IC actually looks decent value
HadesNL likes this.

Last edited by AndyUK_101; Nov 14, 2022 at 3:37 am Reason: update
Old Nov 17, 2022, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Staying here as a Diamond Amb. on the CC free night, I should expect breakfast, a small upgrade etc, however lounge access isn’t included unless I’ve chosen it as a milestone reward, right?
Not sure if you’ve already completed your stay, but was wondering about the details of the complimentary breakfast for Diamond/Ambassadors at Park Lane. Where is it served? Is the area shared with the lounge or is it a separate area? Thanks
Old Nov 17, 2022, 10:11 pm

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
The main breakfast is served in Theo Randall restaurant on the ground floor, the lounge where club guests can have breakfast is on the 7th floor.

As a diamond member you would be offered breakfast on the ground floor unless you have club access in which case you use both locations.
pazza2000 and ARR72 like this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by shoven
The main breakfast is served in Theo Randall restaurant on the ground floor, the lounge where club guests can have breakfast is on the 7th floor.

As a diamond member you would be offered breakfast on the ground floor unless you have club access in which case you use both locations.
Yes can confirm this was the case, and a great breakfast, all a la carte items comped.

What’s the lounge offering like there these days? As I consider choosing lounge access as my 40 night milestone reward.
demue likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 3:52 am

The main problem is that a lot of staff are new and inexperienced in general, and lack of training is evident. These are no Hotel School recruits. Once you get to someone they try to make you feel welcomed as a regular.
For instance, when I got back late the other evening to ask for a room key (arrived early and designated room upgrade wasn't ready, which is fine) there was a junior/new member of team lacking the welcoming touch, and was about to ask for ID (which is also fine) but then one of the more experienced members eloquently moved in and said "Not necessary, give the guest a key".

Diamonds get Breakfast at Randalls.
Mayfair floor rooms are nice. I like them.
Non-renovated are getting a bit tired.
For the rate I get it is actually pretty good value as it includes breakfast.

The Kimpton does look like a nice option though!
HadesNL likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 5:01 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Yes can confirm this was the case, and a great breakfast, all a la carte items comped.

What’s the lounge offering like there these days? As I consider choosing lounge access as my 40 night milestone reward.
Lounge was very nice when I was there last, drinks were flowing nibbles were good quality but probably not dinner worthy depending on one's appetite and food preference but I enjoyed them with plenty of champers service was spot on, one of the servers looked genuinely disappointed when my colleague declined to have his beer poured for him lol
HadesNL likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.