FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2018
Old Jun 10, 18, 2:47 pm
Petrus

IC Park Lane

Were you generally happy with the hotel?
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Classic 1 night Points 2 nights Revenue -> One Bed Suite (4 cat upgrade) for entire stay + all RA benefits from night 1.

How was the room?
Quite large, probably 45m2 total with a sitting room with sofa, coffe table and work desk. 50" TV.
Refubrished in the London style. Bed was a bit on the hard side. View over the 4S across the street from both rooms.
In very good condition. Nice large bathroom for this hotel.

How is the exec. lounge?
Probably one of the best? Only used at breakfast but that was outstanding. Super attentive staff. Extensive breakfast buffet. Made to order items a la plenty.
Views over St James Park are lovely, and sometimes you catch the Horse Guards Parade on their way down to salute the Queen.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
An IC cookie, Short Bread Cookies, bottle of water.

How was the mini-bar?
Well stocked with half bottles of Champagne Perrier Jouet. Absolut Vodka (which is a bit poor).

What was good?
Everything!
- The warm welcome back greet (several staff knowing my name, and I've not stayed this year yet).
- Very generous upgrade
- RA benefits applied entire stay (granted, I arrived late so it kind of made sense)
- Gym
- Breakfast in Club Lounge

What was bad?
I suppose the only negative was on the last morning when my neighbours in the connecting room could be heard clearly.
​​
Value for $?
Yes. Very good as RA. But a factor here is probably that I've been a heavy regular the last 3 years and had sporadic stays the years before.

Would you return?
Can't wait!