Old Sep 15, 17, 4:51 pm
VaBeachGirl

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
IC London Park Lane

IC London Park Lane
Were you (or for multi-stayers are you
generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Not like it used to be. The paid night was OK (with mediocre upgrade) but the reward night was a struggle.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Classic rooms (one night paid, one night reward). Got an email well in advance saying that they would only upgrade the paid night to London Superior, would not upgrade the reward night unless I paid an extra £105.

I emailed back and just asked to be able to remain in the same room for both nights, so had to get a downgrade for the first night to be able to confirm the same room. Finally, a day before our arrival, they confirmed London Superior (definitely not in the top rooms I've had there). We checked in and just received the London superior.
​​​​
​​​**I'm not a frequent guest here like I am at IC Willard, but I at least stay once a year here.

How are the rooms?
Small, smelled like cigarette smoke, over looking a noisy outdoor patio. Not impressive

How is the exec. lounge?
When we checked in, the desk clerk was very adamant that we would only get club access for the paid stay (ie "don't even try sneaking in on your reward night") and "theoretically" , no free mini bar the last night) . But when we went it was great! Still hot cooked breakfast, and light canapés at night (but great cheese selection),pouring Moet

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Small box of shortbread cookies (plus water, an apple, banana, peach and grapes)

How was the minibar?
Ok, no red wine. Tiny bottle of white wine and champagne, 4 JW Black's, though. 4 bottles of beer, 2 local. They made a point of telling me that there would be no free mini bar on the reward night

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
- when we had access to the lounge, it was great. There is someone standing at the door at all times checking off room numbers, though.
​​
-Bad
- Room - poor upgrade (but apparently standard on paid classic night now? They made a big deal about giving us an upgrade on the reward night - they didn't have to and they let me know about it)
- Lounge - OK when we had access

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? No
Not the greatest value for paid night, considering I'm RA. Reward night was totally disappointing
​​​​​
Would you return?
If not RA, no way. As RA would consider it only if RA program got a little better regarding loyalty amenities. My sister is IHG gold (no amb status) and was telling me how great she gets treated at HIs
​​