Intercontinental London Park Lane
One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays.
You can earn points for food and beverage spending in the restaurants & bars: Wellington Lounge, Arch Bar

Lounge Supplement: Ambassador rate is £150/day for up to two guests, non-Ambassador rate is £185/day. Prices as of Sept 2022.

Lounge Benefits:

Club InterContinental privileges include:
  • Private registration for check-in and check-out
  • A complimentary welcome drink
  • Club InterContinental deluxe breakfast between 06:30 - 10:30 M-F and 06:30 -11:00 on Weekends
  • Afternoon Tea with seasonal sandwiches, scones with jam, homemade cakes/pastries, and a pot of tea between 14:30 - 16:30
  • Evening drinks - Champagne, cocktails, and canapés between 17:30 - 19:30
  • Entertainment area featuring a plasma TV and wireless internet access
  • Shower facilities
  • Complimentary pressing of two pieces of clothing per stay (express service is not included)
  • Personalized Concierge and business services
  • Complimentary local calls (0203, 0207, 0208)
  • All day refreshments
Notes:
  • On weekends between 09:30 -10:30, Club InterContinental can be considerably busier, so guests may wish to consider alternative times to avoid any unexpected inconvenience
  • Club InterContinental is included for a maximum of two people. Any additional guests would incur extra charges (50 GBP for guests of Ambassadors and 60 GBP for all others).

Recent Experiences

Royal Ambassador
September 2017
October 2017
October 2017
June 2018
October 2021
October 2022
January 2023

Ambassador
May 2018
May 2018
May 2018
April 2019
July 2021
April 2022
September 2022
November 2022
May 2023
May 2023

Older discussion about this hotel:
Archive Thread

Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2022, 2:38 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by Atacama40
I don't believe so. Least it's never been offered to me. I have had the club life package a few times later part of last year and honestly speaking there's no comparison ...... lounge every time.

I've not been a few weeks but was told with some confidence that it should be open by end of month for breakfast. Mind they also said that in October and things didn't work out then. I'd drop them a quick email in to them and double check. The breakfast service upstairs is way better than downstairs. Take it if you can. And whilst I know some like the buzz of the Wellington bar lounge area but again I'd take the view and ambiance of the lounge on 7 every time.
Many thanks Atacama40 for the quick feedback, truly much appreciated. I think I will give the PL a go and burn my BOGO; the trip shall be a treat for my mother as she hasn't been to the UK now for over 2 years
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:03 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
Many thanks Atacama40 for the quick feedback, truly much appreciated. I think I will give the PL a go and burn my BOGO; the trip shall be a treat for my mother as she hasn't been to the UK now for over 2 years
A pleasure. Definitely if taking your Mother then the lounge on 7 is a must. The window view is very hard not to be impressed by, even as a regular. For your Mother it is a great place to sit and get a uniquely wide view across Wellington Arch, the bottom end of Green Park towards Buckingham Palace and of course Hyde Park Corner towards the new Peninsular hotel.

The afternoon tea is of a nice standard. Food in the evening a little thin but reasonable quality. but drinks and champagne are plentiful. I hope the breakfast is back for you by time of your stay. It is of a very nice quality and much more efficient service wise than on ground floor. I am sure she will enjoy. And what a good way to use a BOGO.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:47 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
A pleasure. Definitely if taking your Mother then the lounge on 7 is a must. The window view is very hard not to be impressed by, even as a regular. For your Mother it is a great place to sit and get a uniquely wide view across Wellington Arch, the bottom end of Green Park towards Buckingham Palace and of course Hyde Park Corner towards the new Peninsular hotel.

The afternoon tea is of a nice standard. Food in the evening a little thin but reasonable quality. but drinks and champagne are plentiful. I hope the breakfast is back for you by time of your stay. It is of a very nice quality and much more efficient service wise than on ground floor. I am sure she will enjoy. And what a good way to use a BOGO.
Thanks, I'll definitely report back. And the combination of being RA as well as a BOGO is certainly hard to beat. Will keep ypu updated how the stay goes next week.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 8:26 pm

Anyone know if the $100 credit one gets by booking via Amextravel on the Plat Amex would qualify to be used towards the lounge supplement?

It says: “A $100 Onsite Credit to Spend on Qualifying Dining, Spa, and Resort Activities

Also, I don’t see any lounge rates, is that right? Only accessible via Virtuoso or by paying the supplement at the hotel?
Old Apr 3, 2022, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So Deluxe rooms do get club access or just Executive rooms?
Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
So Deluxe rooms do get club access or just Executive rooms?
Neither I'm afraid. ICPL do major in misleading room definitions. Only the largest options come with lounge. If you have RA then of course you get it. Other wise I think it's about £120 per night.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Neither I'm afraid. ICPL do major in misleading room definitions. Only the largest options come with lounge. If you have RA then of course you get it. Other wise I think it's about £120 per night.
The website says that Executive rooms get club lounge access. Are you just saying it's suites that get club lounge access?
Old Apr 3, 2022, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
The website says that Executive rooms get club lounge access. Are you just saying it's suites that get club lounge access?
Hi Skyteam. Is possible I misunderstood but was discussing same subject with one of the guys there a few months back (was booking a room for the son on points) and I came away with the impression that none of the rooms designated club or Exec had it. You got me interested as well now. I will ask an insider and come back to you. She is off till Tuesday but usually comes back quickly .... if that suits your time frame.
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 4:21 pm

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
Hi Skyteam. Is possible I misunderstood but was discussing same subject with one of the guys there a few months back (was booking a room for the son on points) and I came away with the impression that none of the rooms designated club or Exec had it. You got me interested as well now. I will ask an insider and come back to you. She is off till Tuesday but usually comes back quickly .... if that suits your time frame.
AFAIK club access isn't included on any room types until you get to their signature suites which I don't think you can book online.

I find the £110 ambassador fee for 2 adults pretty good value if you make use of all the facilities and have late checkout until 4pm the following day.

Having paid access only does keep the numbers down and it never seems to be busy unlike the O2 for example.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:51 am

How is the treatment for ihg members who are not ambassador? Is there any recent data points for this property?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 11:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, Amex Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I'm staying on Saturday/Sunday. Anyone know whether any of the room types have fridges? If so, which? Thanks.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:14 am

Hmmm, good news, bad news time.

Cost savings and package changes appear be the order of the day. And not welcome ones. At the same time, service levels are increased which is of course welcome. Room costs border on the insane just now but there have been loads of high ticket events I guess and it's the norm. Far from the first time.

Pommery champagne which is a step down. No morning champagne (yes I know it's not a great habit but one enjoyed the last 10-12 years) and no champagne in the afternoon. Very thin, especially when it was flowing like water during the 'club continental post covid' period in the Wellington lounge for so long. Also room amenities missed a couple of times now. Once joked and laughed at and I believe a genuine mistake, the second time? I wander.

Also the most bizarre policy on minibar being road tested. Empty fridges and the order card on top. Now I fully get why that might be a good idea during the times we have all been through but now? How can that work as a business model? Can't imagine there isn't one of us who has not been attracted by the 'delights and wonders' of the mini bar after a 12.30 return to the hotel .... as miserable as they usually turn out to be in reality. The added value (even for RA's) has to be a solid proposition surely. The word is it was being tested out but 'might' change. Same muted for champagne policy. lets see.

But the service is significantly increased. You might remember I criticised it previously. Many new faces and in fairness doing a good job now. Less familiar face flexibility but that will come :-)

Most other aspects maintain an straight line but it is official now, the muted disappearance of the in-house Mexican is confirmed. Was always an odd choice to be honest. They are road testing a new format with a Masterchef winner doing hours and testing formats on the terrace. A busy week so didn't get chance to try that.

Last edited by Atacama40; Jul 5, 2022 at 6:20 am
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Sad to hear about the Champagne. It used to be that this hotel and Paris Le Grand were in lockstep, but from this thread London has taken a step back. Champagne still flows all day in the club at Le Grand and there is always a gift bottle in my room when I arrive.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
Sad to hear about the Champagne. It used to be that this hotel and Paris Le Grand were in lockstep, but from this thread London has taken a step back. Champagne still flows all day in the club at Le Grand and there is always a gift bottle in my room when I arrive.
Indeed so Stimpy. The informal 'word on the club lounge carpet' was that it "may" return. What aspects will make the outcome I'm not sure. In gentle style I mentioned that it's definitely a loss. I hope it's taken on board .... if a few of us spending there make the point then maybe it helps. It seems a curious area to be cost cutting.

Room amenities wise, I'm hoping I just got over looked :-) .... it's a rare day but hurts even more when it happens :-)
Old Jul 21, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Has anyone been able to find Free Weekend Reward availability? I was hoping to use an Ambassador free weekend night on a week long stay here next March Can't find availability when I checked that. Looks like plenty of general availability

Also, anyone know of limits to adding on Club Lounge/Experience to an existing reservation? Can it be added to any catagory

TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.