Intercontinental London Park Lane
One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays.
You can earn points for food and beverage spending in the restaurants & bars: Wellington Lounge, Arch Bar

Lounge Supplement: Ambassador rate is Ł150/day for up to two guests, non-Ambassador rate is Ł185/day. Prices as of Sept 2022.

Lounge Benefits:

Club InterContinental privileges include:
  • Private registration for check-in and check-out
  • A complimentary welcome drink
  • Club InterContinental deluxe breakfast between 06:30 - 10:30 M-F and 06:30 -11:00 on Weekends
  • Afternoon Tea with seasonal sandwiches, scones with jam, homemade cakes/pastries, and a pot of tea between 14:30 - 16:30
  • Evening drinks - Champagne, cocktails, and canapés between 17:30 - 19:30
  • Entertainment area featuring a plasma TV and wireless internet access
  • Shower facilities
  • Complimentary pressing of two pieces of clothing per stay (express service is not included)
  • Personalized Concierge and business services
  • Complimentary local calls (0203, 0207, 0208)
  • All day refreshments
Notes:
  • On weekends between 09:30 -10:30, Club InterContinental can be considerably busier, so guests may wish to consider alternative times to avoid any unexpected inconvenience
  • Club InterContinental is included for a maximum of two people. Any additional guests would incur extra charges (50 GBP for guests of Ambassadors and 60 GBP for all others).

Recent Experiences

Royal Ambassador
September 2017
October 2017
October 2017
June 2018
October 2021
October 2022
January 2023

Ambassador
May 2018
May 2018
May 2018
April 2019
July 2021
April 2022
September 2022
November 2022
May 2023
May 2023

Older discussion about this hotel:
Archive Thread

Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2020, 9:46 am

Anyone seen the new club lounge refresh that opened end of Jan?

Would be interested see pictures and hear feedback?

Guess it would only have seen about 30 days of use and been shut since.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 8:55 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
Originally Posted by Atacama40
Anyone seen the new club lounge refresh that opened end of Jan?

Would be interested see pictures and hear feedback?

Guess it would only have seen about 30 days of use and been shut since.
I was there in the middle of February and can't recall what was different from my previous stay about 8 months before that . Maybe the staff desk was in a different location? Still great service and beverage/food options for both cocktail hour and breakfast.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by VaBeachGirl
I was there in the middle of February and can't recall what was different from my previous stay about 8 months before that . Maybe the staff desk was in a different location? Still great service and beverage/food options for both cocktail hour and breakfast.
Strange discussing with management there in December and they advised January it was closed the month for a full renovation. Fairly sure I even got an email about it.

Think I have a few days there during October so will definitely check that out. Thanks for the feedback
Old Sep 30, 2020, 8:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
Originally Posted by Atacama40
Strange discussing with management there in December and they advised January it was closed the month for a full renovation. Fairly sure I even got an email about it.

Think I have a few days there during October so will definitely check that out. Thanks for the feedback
The lounge was definitely closed for renovations in the beginning of 2020 because I emailed the hotel to check if the lounge would be open again mid February when I was returning. They replied that it reopened on 28 Jan.

I just can't really recall what was different except maybe the staff desk was in a different place.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 1:44 am

Smile

Originally Posted by VaBeachGirl
The lounge was definitely closed for renovations in the beginning of 2020 because I emailed the hotel to check if the lounge would be open again mid February when I was returning. They replied that it reopened on 28 Jan.

I just can't really recall what was different except maybe the staff desk was in a different place.
No worries. In fact they walked me round and described the plan end of last year and whilst the layout itself can only have limited landscape changes, the cosmetic layer sounded extensive.

In fairness who would want to change the landscape, layout and view any?

And have to confess the cosmetic layer I still find pleasing .... the light blues, semi aniline leather and American Oak we even copied in a room in Atacama Towers here (mind that is probably over familiarity .... golden handcuffs and all that) but staff and management were desperate to see the changes made.

And given it was shut 30 days then you'd think there sound be something appreciable done. Iv'e had 200 person offices decorated overnight before folks walked in at 7.30 before now :-)
TGLoyalty likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 1:03 pm

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
Lounge is still closed here (shame, as it was the best in Europe) however Club Life is offered.
  1. Breakfast in the restaurant
  2. Afternoon Tea in the Wellington Lounge
  3. Drinks at the bar in the evening, for two hours.
Atacama40 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by DonPedro
Lounge is still closed here (shame, as it was the best in Europe) however Club Life is offered.
  1. Breakfast in the restaurant
  2. Afternoon Tea in the Wellington Lounge
  3. Drinks at the bar in the evening, for two hours.
Shame to hear that .... the main appeal other than probably the best location anywhere in London is the lounge service.

I guess the unit cost of opening and running an IC is substantial say compared to an HIX which you can run on three guys.

There's three times that back and front of house in the Club Lounge alone at IC PL.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 4:13 am

I usually stay and the IC O2 for work and have always been happy with service levels/upgrades whilst there. I have my Ambassador BOGOF voucher to burn before August and given I've never been to this property thought I'd give it a go.

I'm taking my 4-Year-old daughter who is obsessed with seeing Buckingham Palace and is hoping to have an informal chat with the Queen! My room preference would either be the One Bed Suite or Mayfair Studio Suite but having no experience here I'm happy to be guided, I suppose the One Bedroom Suite gives me a bit of privacy when she's asleep in the early evening.

This may seem a silly question but if I book a Mayfair Grand would I be upgraded to another Mayfair Room (Mayfair Studio) or the next category (Studio Suite). Likewise, if I book a Studio Suite would I get upgraded to a Mayfair Studio or One Bedroom Suite? Obviously, the Mayfair upgrades are based on availability, etc but wondering if anyone has any recent experience. I'm Spire Ambassador if that makes a difference.

Cheers!
Old Jul 2, 2021, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Cashew72
My room preference would either be the One Bed Suite or Mayfair Studio Suite but having no experience here I'm happy to be guided, I suppose the One Bedroom Suite gives me a bit of privacy when she's asleep in the early evening.

This may seem a silly question but if I book a Mayfair Grand would I be upgraded to another Mayfair Room (Mayfair Studio) or the next category (Studio Suite). Likewise, if I book a Studio Suite would I get upgraded to a Mayfair Studio or One Bedroom Suite?
Not a silly question at all and welcome to FlyerTalk!

Upgrades are done within categories at the Park Lane, so a Mayfair Grand Room would be upgraded to a Mayfair Studio Suite. A Studio Suite would be upgraded to a One Bedroom Suite.

I'd avoid the non-Mayfair rooms as they are rather dated. Eventually all rooms at the hotel will be refurbished to the Mayfair standard.

Last edited by Genius1; Jul 3, 2021 at 1:08 am
Old Jul 2, 2021, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Genius1
I'd avoid the non-Mayfair rooms as they are rather dated. Eventually all properties at the hotel will be refurbished to the Mayfair standard.
I must say I'm a bit shocked that there are still rooms yet to be refurbished! I think it has been 5+ years since I stayed in one of the newly refurbished Mayfair rooms.
NoY, Genius1 and TGLoyalty like this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 3:38 am

The deluxe room I stayed at recently. Not sure if it's refurbished?

Old Jul 3, 2021, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by strayersong
The deluxe room I stayed at recently. Not sure if it's refurbished?
That’s one of the un-refurbished ‘Classic’ rooms.

The Mayfair rooms are significantly more befitting of a 5 star property.

https://parklane.intercontinental.co...ir-collection/
Old Jul 6, 2021, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
Not a silly question at all and welcome to FlyerTalk!

Upgrades are done within categories at the Park Lane, so a Mayfair Grand Room would be upgraded to a Mayfair Studio Suite. A Studio Suite would be upgraded to a One Bedroom Suite.

I'd avoid the non-Mayfair rooms as they are rather dated. Eventually all rooms at the hotel will be refurbished to the Mayfair standard.

Thanks very much. Having seen some pictures I agree the non-Mayfair rooms look (very) dated, especially coming from so many stays at the O2 where the rooms are fitted to a fairly high spec. I punted for a Mayfair Studio, hoping for a Mayfair One Bed Suite. I'll add to the experience thread when I'm back, cheers!
Genius1 likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 5:13 am

Club Lounge re-opens 15th September.

It's been refurbished and looks rather smart. Consider it more of a VW Golf upgrade. More of a gentle evolution than a radical shift.

Just to note though, breakfast service is still in Theo's. No terrible thing but will good when it's back on 7.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 5:15 am

Refreshed rooms facing Wellington Arch and HP side view are rather nice in Mayfair Studio and 1 BR form. You will notice a difference. Again an evolution rather than ground breaking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.