Intercontinental London Park Lane
One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays.
You can earn points for food and beverage spending in the restaurants & bars: Wellington Lounge, Arch Bar

Lounge Supplement: Ambassador rate is £150/day for up to two guests, non-Ambassador rate is £185/day. Prices as of Sept 2022.

Lounge Benefits:

Club InterContinental privileges include:
  • Private registration for check-in and check-out
  • A complimentary welcome drink
  • Club InterContinental deluxe breakfast between 06:30 - 10:30 M-F and 06:30 -11:00 on Weekends
  • Afternoon Tea with seasonal sandwiches, scones with jam, homemade cakes/pastries, and a pot of tea between 14:30 - 16:30
  • Evening drinks - Champagne, cocktails, and canapés between 17:30 - 19:30
  • Entertainment area featuring a plasma TV and wireless internet access
  • Shower facilities
  • Complimentary pressing of two pieces of clothing per stay (express service is not included)
  • Personalized Concierge and business services
  • Complimentary local calls (0203, 0207, 0208)
  • All day refreshments
Notes:
  • On weekends between 09:30 -10:30, Club InterContinental can be considerably busier, so guests may wish to consider alternative times to avoid any unexpected inconvenience
  • Club InterContinental is included for a maximum of two people. Any additional guests would incur extra charges (50 GBP for guests of Ambassadors and 60 GBP for all others).

Recent Experiences

Royal Ambassador
September 2017
October 2017
October 2017
June 2018
October 2021
October 2022
January 2023

Ambassador
May 2018
May 2018
May 2018
April 2019
July 2021
April 2022
September 2022
November 2022
May 2023
May 2023

Older discussion about this hotel:
Archive Thread

Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2017, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by turner32
68? No lounge access for RA, then?
Exactly that T32, blackout dates. Mind we were out anyway so didn't wound this time. Is back to normal running next week on for the foreseeable I believe.

Never seen that before. Not complaining mind ... had my fair share of the door being left open in the past for me and associated riff raff.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:44 pm

Programs: IHG
I was aware of the blackout dates, - not sure how they get away with this. Especially when you consider that they are still offering upsell to lounge during these periods.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:46 pm

I was aware of the blackout dates, - not sure how they get away with this. Especially when you consider that they are still offering upsell to lounge during these periods.
Good point .... the argument for the cap is 'maintaining a service level' but that does not really square with your observation which is perfectly valid. The offer was there for discounted access.

Have to say was the first time ever for me anywhere thinking on, in many many years.

Scubador will probably know why....he is very knowledgeable about all things IHG T&C wise.

But how you can deny based on service then sell the same based on profit is highly questionable.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Atacama40
But how you can deny based on service then sell the same based on profit is highly questionable.
+1million

Totally agree, extemely poor form. The new lesser RA upgrades, and w/o associated lounge access to make up for that.

The Summer "no RA lounge" window ties in with Arab/ME heat, and swap to london for 12weeks, no doubt on basis these wealthy familys all book best rooms with lounge access.

It may be that as now tail end of the window, some have gone home to ME, and ICPL is offering lounge upsells, but maybe ICPL did not allow in say July. That said if no longer a need to exclude RAs from foc lounge due to M/E. guests departing, so an unecessarily long 12week window in hindsight, charging RAs is a bit off
(unless like u said 68 RAs = 136 lounge guests extra, ICPL would only let a small first come first served paying subset of RAs buy lounge)

Regards upsell availability, I was told even back in 2016 at Amb Desk checkin I would not be allowed to upsell to lounge since hotel was virtually sold out, all rooms London Exec upwards in use with result of high numbers with lounge access.
I was even told on a paid stay in 2016 at checkin my the reception manager it was a good job I'd booked London Exec (it was bogo which was why I did) as with hotel soldout, lounge upsell requests had to be declined.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: IHG
I simply don't buy this "68 RA's" line. It sounds as if it's designed to quell dissent from RA's unhappy with the Lounge policy.
Are we really meant to believe that around 1 in 4, or 1 in 5 guests, or something close to that, are RA? Rubbish.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 2:02 pm

I simply don't buy this "68 RA's" line. It sounds as if it's designed to quell dissent from RA's unhappy with the Lounge policy.
Are we really meant to believe that around 1 in 4, or 1 in 5 guests, or something close to that, are RA? Rubbish.
You could be right, it was a credible source, not just a guy who knows a guy but who knows.

Have to say Scubador's analysis of clientele is on the money in my non-scientific take. If you checked out the car park it fits. Hotel was rammed but still very pleasant.

Like I say, is the first time ever I heard of a CL black out date and certainly the very first time in hundred's of stay's that I've ever been affected by one .... I can't say as I'm greatly bothered by it on that basis. Mind if it became a regular thing it wouldn't be great. I doubt it.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:09 pm

Programs: IHG Spire RA
Lightbulb Sep 2017 experience

- Checked out few days ago from here, booked Classic room for 11 nights and received a London Deluxe room which is the lowest category been to for 8 years here.
- Club lounge access was honored.
- Our rate was including breakfast, however they refused to deliver it in the room (as they use to do before) till I spoke with one of the GRM.
- Many things were negatively changed here since my last visit!
- Generally it was a good stay for the rate I paid, but missing the wow feeling we used to have.
- A friend of mine (HH Diamond) was staying at Hilton park lane during the same period ; received Suite room with nice view over park ^
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:11 am

Quick update .... probably old news.

Was told by front desk that black out on lounge was now removed. I didn't clarify if that meant 'it's ok for you this time' or 'it's gone forever' .... should of. Rewinding, it sounded like they have done away with it.

Also rooms on 8 have been rennovated .... nice new and shiny. This was about 3 weeks back. They are absolutely new (showered actually drained away ) .... but I have to confess I wasn't entirely blown away by the new look and feel .... more stand alone furniture than the previous old built in stuff.

Maybe I just got a little institutionalised

Anyway 8 is all new so if you want to try then ask for one on 8. Think it's the start of a rolling update.

Just for info
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Has anyone tried the New Mexican place? We are booked in on our next trip in December.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Has anyone tried the New Mexican place? We are booked in on our next trip in December.
Not tired, had an invite to the opening but annoyingly we were out that night.

Had a quick nose in a couple weeks back. It looks ok but not wow and hard to understand why it's took 9 months to refurb and open.

Will also give it try I think next month. Staff on email are supportive and helpful. Reviews seem good.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Planning on using an Amb weekend voucher here but looks like the room categories have changed since my last stay.

Executive Rooms now say "Club access for a supplement fee"

Only Studio Suites say Club is included and it specifically says Club not included if upgraded to this room.

What is the best tactic to ensure Club as an Ambassador?

And if I have to pay for Club how much a night is it?

Thanks
Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Geoggy
Planning on using an Amb weekend voucher here but looks like the room categories have changed since my last stay.

Only Studio Suites say Club is included and it specifically says Club not included if upgraded to this room.

Thanks
Pretty obvious isn't it book a studio suite or above or pay the club supplement?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Pretty obvious isn't it book a studio suite or above or pay the club supplement?
thanks 😂

at at those prices without club I’ll stay elsewhere
Old Nov 14, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Geoggy

Thanks
Lounge included in room cat came with the costlier "London Exec Room" never the plainer cheaper *by gbp100 ) plain "exec room"

foc Lounge access courtesy of room upgrades at IC's has never been an Ambassador benefit (whether Amb or RA)
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:47 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
haven't been there yet, however have been several times to Dulce Patria in Mexico City, the Chef's first restaurant and have always been very pleased. Found it much better than e.g. higher rated Biko in Mexico City.

If its up to the same standards, you won't be disappointed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.