Intercontinental London Park Lane
One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays.
You can earn points for food and beverage spending in the restaurants & bars: Wellington Lounge, Arch Bar

Lounge Supplement: Ambassador rate is £150/day for up to two guests, non-Ambassador rate is £185/day. Prices as of Sept 2022.

Lounge Benefits:

Club InterContinental privileges include:
  • Private registration for check-in and check-out
  • A complimentary welcome drink
  • Club InterContinental deluxe breakfast between 06:30 - 10:30 M-F and 06:30 -11:00 on Weekends
  • Afternoon Tea with seasonal sandwiches, scones with jam, homemade cakes/pastries, and a pot of tea between 14:30 - 16:30
  • Evening drinks - Champagne, cocktails, and canapés between 17:30 - 19:30
  • Entertainment area featuring a plasma TV and wireless internet access
  • Shower facilities
  • Complimentary pressing of two pieces of clothing per stay (express service is not included)
  • Personalized Concierge and business services
  • Complimentary local calls (0203, 0207, 0208)
  • All day refreshments
Notes:
  • On weekends between 09:30 -10:30, Club InterContinental can be considerably busier, so guests may wish to consider alternative times to avoid any unexpected inconvenience
  • Club InterContinental is included for a maximum of two people. Any additional guests would incur extra charges (50 GBP for guests of Ambassadors and 60 GBP for all others).

Recent Experiences

Royal Ambassador
September 2017
October 2017
October 2017
June 2018
October 2021
October 2022
January 2023

Ambassador
May 2018
May 2018
May 2018
April 2019
July 2021
April 2022
September 2022
November 2022
May 2023
May 2023

Older discussion about this hotel:
Archive Thread

Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Just completed a very nice two night stay here using two back to back free nights from the chase card. My partner and I only have platinum status (no RA) but were treated quite well.

We received an 8am checkin to an upgraded London room with an espresso maker and welcome tray. We received two certificates for two drinks in the lobby lounge, which included champagne. We also received a voucher for a free 25 pounds from the minibar - a holiday promotion until 4 January (which interestingly coincides with the end of the blackout date for the executive lounge). In addition, a complimentary cake was delivered to our room to acknowledge our anniversary - I let them know a few days before the stay via the IHG app.

The renovated room was nice, and the bed was comfortable. We had tea one day in the Wellington Lounge which was beautifully presented. Overall, the stay surpassed expectations and was a great way to use the Chase certificates.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 9:53 am

Another good stay. PL doing well by us these days. Lounge standards good, Made a great fuss of friends of ours visiting London for the first time. Rates low just now as well I thought.

Small but worth to note that mini bar snacks no longer FOC for RA's ..... they had been for us for a long time but after a choc raid this stay they politely mentioned it's no longer free going forward.....good for the blood sugar levels I guess.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Bretmd
Just completed a very nice two night stay here using two back to back free nights from the chase card. My partner and I only have platinum status (no RA) but were treated quite well.

We received an 8am checkin to an upgraded London room with an espresso maker and welcome tray. We received two certificates for two drinks in the lobby lounge, which included champagne. We also received a voucher for a free 25 pounds from the minibar - a holiday promotion until 4 January (which interestingly coincides with the end of the blackout date for the executive lounge). In addition, a complimentary cake was delivered to our room to acknowledge our anniversary - I let them know a few days before the stay via the IHG app.

The renovated room was nice, and the bed was comfortable. We had tea one day in the Wellington Lounge which was beautifully presented. Overall, the stay surpassed expectations and was a great way to use the Chase certificates.
Were you there for new years eve? I snagged a classic room award on upcoming NYE. My concern is that I wouldn't get anything bigger than the promised 18 sq meters, which seems tiny for someone who isn't planning on going out.

Last edited by beachfan; Mar 31, 2018 at 5:14 pm
Old Mar 31, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Just seen my New Year's Eve 1-night paid stay booked months ahead , initially booked Superior (not classic) as usual, which was modded very quickly to Exec Roomis now remodded this weekend to 1-bed-suite.....
Mentioning as posted in this thread that last ICPL stay was never modded upfront though had unexpectedly great checkin suite upgrade

For NYE one needs book/plan ahead as nearer NYE hotels stop one booking a single night , hence I book my two NYE night hotels early Feb and then release one early December when Xmas NYE travel plans firmed up.

If you now search as 1-night ICPL shows as sold out , but a longer stay search including NYE shows a few rooms left to sell, no JS and 2x Suites

Currently I can't see myself getting back to Europe for my Xmas/NY week break, so will need release my room about 15th Dec to be fair to ICPL who treat me very well.

Also holding 2rooms NYE at IC Amstel , 1x paid River Exec -> River Exec Suite and 1x award night City View Exec for me and a friend booked in Feb2016 to possibly stay new year. I prefer Amsterdam as city and hotel to stay in, but prefer London for shopping
Good tips, thanks!
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: IHG
Checked in this morning. A paid night for myself and an award night for my friends. Rooms not ready, mine became available shortly after. We had to wait for the award night room but we were going out anyway.
I'm RA so receive lounge access anyway. I requested upsell for my friends, but the lady on front desk advised that it would be complimentary for both rooms. Fair enough, I thought.
We arrived back just before, so I went to collect keys for the second room. Unfortunately, I was greeted by the rudest and most obnoxious person on the front desk, that I've ever come across at any IHG hotel. (Australian girl who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the hospitality industry:
I asked if keys for this room had been coded for lounge access, but was told no access for this room. Even though the pre-prepared keys that she gave me were of the gold variety that they use for rooms with lounge access.
I explained that I tried to pay for access, but that the previous operative had offered it on a complimentary basis.
She accused me of inventing this, asking why the girl from the original check-in would change their rules for me. I told her I didn't know. She's going to follow this up, apparently. An unnecessary situation, and not what you'd expect from this property.
Old May 29, 2018, 1:27 pm

Anyone with some insight as to what is going on with room categories? There are no longer any ”London” rooms available. Have checked random dates until end of 2018.
Old May 29, 2018, 2:43 pm

This can only be a good thing, in terms of upgrades. That said, there seems to be a higher premium as you progress through the room categories. Used to be around £20, Classic to Superior, and so on, until you reach the Suites. Now it's around £50 to the next category.
Petrus likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 1:24 am

Yes my thoughts too.
Historically since the new RA policy a Classic Room ended being modified to a London Deluxe ("London" are the modern crisp rooms) and if lucky they would put me in a London Exec on arrival as a perk for being regular.

I'll give them a buzz to hear what's going on.
Old May 30, 2018, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by Petrus
Yes my thoughts too.
Historically since the new RA policy a Classic Room ended being modified to a London Deluxe ("London" are the modern crisp rooms) and if lucky they would put me in a London Exec on arrival as a perk for being regular.

I'll give them a buzz to hear what's going on.
Whilst you're at it, can you ask why RA's on paid stays are being given Deluxe/Executive as a maximum, while three different very recent reviews I've read, detail non-status guests receiving One bedroom, Palace and London Suites respectively. That's on award nights too..
Old May 30, 2018, 2:45 am

Prolly lengt of stay is also an important factor. Giving a top room away for just one night is low risk. Not likely that they would risk a RA setting up camp there for a few days, let alone push 8am check in or 4pm check out.
Old May 30, 2018, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by 336
Prolly lengt of stay is also an important factor. Giving a top room away for just one night is low risk. Not likely that they would risk a RA setting up camp there for a few days, let alone push 8am check in or 4pm check out.
True, but my stays aren't long here. Maybe 2-3 days maximum. the point is that these people should count themselves fortunate to be receiving anything above Classic. But, 10-level upgrades into speciality suites for non-status guests on a free stay is ridiculous.
Old May 30, 2018, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by turner32
True, but my stays aren't long here. Maybe 2-3 days maximum. the point is that these people should count themselves fortunate to be receiving anything above Classic. But, 10-level upgrades into speciality suites for non-status guests on a free stay is ridiculous.
There's probably more to it than we know.

Had a word with the Hotel. They have indeed changed categories as more rooms are refurbished into the London style.
Old May 30, 2018, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I am quite happy with the London Exec rooms which are in some cases far nicer than the studio suites.

Many of the proper suites are tiny and rubbish anyway. I was a bit annoyed to find my room on the first floor when at the PL last weekend. The lounge was however pretty calm and ordered if apparently a little short staffed.

2 nights was also oddly cheap for a short notice weekend booking, we spent more on dinner one night at Nobu next door than our stay cost at the PL.
Petrus likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 5:32 am

Well that's Nobu for you.

London Execs are my favourite rooms.
Old May 30, 2018, 12:44 pm

Perhaps a Bi-level Wellington suite might change your mind. But since they hold those room types back for non-status guests on free stays, maybe you'll never know!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.