Intercontinental London Park Lane
One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays.
You can earn points for food and beverage spending in the restaurants & bars: Wellington Lounge, Arch Bar

Lounge Supplement: Ambassador rate is £150/day for up to two guests, non-Ambassador rate is £185/day. Prices as of Sept 2022.

Lounge Benefits:

Club InterContinental privileges include:
  • Private registration for check-in and check-out
  • A complimentary welcome drink
  • Club InterContinental deluxe breakfast between 06:30 - 10:30 M-F and 06:30 -11:00 on Weekends
  • Afternoon Tea with seasonal sandwiches, scones with jam, homemade cakes/pastries, and a pot of tea between 14:30 - 16:30
  • Evening drinks - Champagne, cocktails, and canapés between 17:30 - 19:30
  • Entertainment area featuring a plasma TV and wireless internet access
  • Shower facilities
  • Complimentary pressing of two pieces of clothing per stay (express service is not included)
  • Personalized Concierge and business services
  • Complimentary local calls (0203, 0207, 0208)
  • All day refreshments
Notes:
  • On weekends between 09:30 -10:30, Club InterContinental can be considerably busier, so guests may wish to consider alternative times to avoid any unexpected inconvenience
  • Club InterContinental is included for a maximum of two people. Any additional guests would incur extra charges (50 GBP for guests of Ambassadors and 60 GBP for all others).

Recent Experiences

Royal Ambassador
September 2017
October 2017
October 2017
June 2018
October 2021
October 2022
January 2023

Ambassador
May 2018
May 2018
May 2018
April 2019
July 2021
April 2022
September 2022
November 2022
May 2023
May 2023

Older discussion about this hotel:
Archive Thread

Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: IHG
"I mean what exactly are Hilton thinking treating guests whom they require 30 stays/60 nights/120k points better than those who they require 20 stays/40 nights/75k points?"

So, you agree?
Old May 31, 2018, 1:22 pm

Come on, Chris!
Old May 31, 2018, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Look this is a silly debate sometimes a later check in for a single night just gets the best available room because it is easier putting someone staying a single night in that room than shifting every other status member.

The same thing happens with flight upgrades occasionally, sometimes the last person turning up with no or minimal status gets the first class upgrade. The issue is whether that is responsive to unusual stresses or is a predictable day to day experience.

if you don't like the way the property treats you as a RA don't stay, in the same way I refuse to ever stay at the IC O2 again.
Old May 31, 2018, 2:03 pm

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Look this is a silly debate sometimes a later check in for a single night just gets the best available room because it is easier putting someone staying a single night in that room than shifting every other status member.

The same thing happens with flight upgrades occasionally, sometimes the last person turning up with no or minimal status gets the first class upgrade. The issue is whether that is responsive to unusual stresses or is a predictable day to day experience.

if you don't like the way the property treats you as a RA don't stay, in the same way I refuse to ever stay at the IC O2 again.
I agree. It's a silly debate, especially when the facts are already decided. Though, in this case, the guest arrived early and was given an excluded suite, while an RA was likely dumped in a Deluxe room, for no apparent reason. Not the "last minute" scenario that you compare it to. That's the issue.

I remember you raving about IC 02, due, largely, to the upgrades they gave you. When these dried up and service issues became apparent, you abandoned the property in favour of IC PL, in spite of holding some resentment towards it for reasons that I cannot recall.

I'm not refusing to stay at the property as I feel that's a bit over-reactionary. I'd rather challenge them on this, as we RA spend a lot of money (relatively speaking) to maintain our status and enjoy our benefits.

Why should we accept an alleged "3-level" upgrade to Deluxe London on paid stays, while non-Ambassador members are enjoying 10-level upgrades on free/award nights?
Old May 31, 2018, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by turner32
1) You're right, it's not up for debate. There are clear rules about this. Looking at the Intercontinental website there is no mention of benefits for anyone lower than Ambassador. These people are simply not recognised here, unless the hotel *chooses* to recognise them. The T + C's will substantiate this for you, if you care to read them. Be as obtuse as you like, though, and ignore the facts.

2) Absolutely, I'm annoyed about zero-status people receiving speciality suites as upgrades on award stays. Who wouldn't be? Do you find that unreasonable?

I'm trying not laugh here. Is that the best you can come up with? Why didn't you post the rest of the conversation regarding to those two posts? In particular the bit where I point out that the poster has completely contradicted themselves all the way through the conversation and had clearly not been giving the full story. But hey I guess that never fitted with the narrative that you are trying go with here. Hey ho.

1. You are completely wrong re gold/plat/spire recognition at ICs hence why there is nothing in the terms and conditions about it not being recognised. It's extremely rare for them to receive higher categories but it is possible whilst they are also entitled to the welcome amenity which is dependent on their status in IHGRC. They even mention your status level at checkin and thank you for your loyalty which is somewhat odd to mention something that they apparently have nothing to do with.

AMB is a paid for level which offers guaranteed perks as opposed to the subject to availability nature of IHGRC and for what it's worth I agree that if the types of upgrades suggested are happening its a bit bizarre and yes you would think the higher status would get the better room as a matter of course.

But

2. You have posted a couple of reviews to back up what you think is happening. One says they are Platinum and used their annual free night voucher with no mention of the room that was actually booked. You have then admitted that you have made assumptions as to what type of free night it was when someone pointed out that it could be the BOGOF AMB voucher. The truth is we do not know enough about this particular review to make any assumptions. The other one was an AMB on a reward night who has been upgraded to a Palace Suite which does seem very bizarre but as a mod pointed out to you yesterday "There is probably more to it than we know". Hopefully the person that posted that particular review will come back and add to what was their first ever post here on FT and we can ask them.

So we have a couple of ambiguous reviews and all of a sudden this hotel is dishing out ten level upgrades as a matter of course.

Now I'm over and out on this one, we are clearly not going to agree on it so there doesn't seem much point in continuing particularly if we are heading into the name calling territory.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.
Old May 31, 2018, 3:55 pm

As non-RA last year I got far better upgrades when booking last minute or arriving late. There are many reasons that may imply this apparently overdrawn upgrade to palace suite, so wouldn't waste my time and energy with getting upset about what others got due to reasons I don't know and instead enjoy my 8am early check in, my mini-bar beverages, lounge access for 2 and breakfast in the restaurant, which the other ones will not get in any case if not paid for it.
Old May 31, 2018, 4:00 pm

Well, if you want to re-invent IC rules for them, then good luck.
Less than Ambassador is entitled to nothing at IC. They thank you for your loyalty? Big deal.

IC regard those people as having zero status, as per the absence of benefits in the T+ C's

As for the Chase free night, well, like awards nights, you can't choose your room category on a free night.

Nice attempt at a save though with the Hilton thing where you did the same as what you called me out for.
Old May 31, 2018, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Cielito_
As non-RA last year I got far better upgrades when booking last minute or arriving late. There are many reasons that may imply this apparently overdrawn upgrade to palace suite, so wouldn't waste my time and energy with getting upset about what others got due to reasons I don't know and instead enjoy my 8am early check in, my mini-bar beverages, lounge access for 2 and breakfast in the restaurant, which the other ones will not get in any case if not paid for it.
I've been RA for 9 years now, and I agree with you absolutely. All I'm asking for is consistency in the upgrades, in accordance with one's status. What is wrong with that?
Old May 31, 2018, 5:09 pm

Straight from ICPLs very own dedicated website.

IHG Rewards Club | InterContinental London Park Lane

Old May 31, 2018, 5:14 pm

Nothing. There are just circumstances where upgrade rules do not help in reality. IC Berlin has only 2 available Club Junior Suites and 4 Club Senior Suites. If this 6 Suites are already taken by guests due to earlier arrival, they sometimes upgrade from Club Deluxe to Signature Suite of course instead of moving RA from his -already taken- Club Suite.
Sometimes there are also high status guests that reject a very generous upgrade due to lower category booking of non status guest because they don't want to share an oversized signature suite with themselves and feel alone.
But maybe there was not a perfectionist in reservation department who thought he had no better things to do than switching 10 rooms until upgrades are reasonable, which I can understand.

Last edited by Cielito_; Jun 1, 2018 at 12:44 am
Old Jun 3, 2018, 7:12 am

Come on folks, most of us are spoiled rotten every week :-) .... it's always fun when you get something you didn't expect and I suspect the poster chuffed to bits, especially without any real status. I've had any number of them at other chains were I have zero in terms of status but tend to pull a regular fast one and a result that was 'wow' above what I could expect.

I guess if it became a more regular event it might be harder be so meek :-) .... and in fairness do not most of us get way more than base RA rules on a regular basis? Know full well I do at least 50% of the time. And I reckon most of us on here held RA a good while benefit more than we do loose.

It's just a lucky break
chrism20 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles

What happened?

Currently IC PL. They spoiled me. Three night stay, with first night booked on points. The original two night revenue stay was upgraded to an Exec a few days before (my favourite actually).
A day before arriving both points night and the following two revenue nights all showed One Bed Suite.
Arrived late, around 9pm but they gave all perks from first night. I got one of the x45 suites on the corner overlooking Four Seasons.
I will decline this next time as the Execs overlooking Apsley house just feel nicer.
The minibar has had a Champagne upgrade. You now get a half bottle (37,5cl) of Perrier Jouet.

All in all a very pleasant stay, except for this suite having a connecting room and I can hear everything that my Japanese neighbours are saying and doing.
Perhaps their door isn't shut, but it is bloody annoying!
Atacama40 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 3:11 am

I'm here too. Upgraded from Deluxe, also to 1 BR suite. Good stay so far. The half bottle of Perrier Jouet is a very welcome addition to the mini-bar!
Petrus likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 3:26 am

I'm here too. Upgraded from Deluxe, also to 1 BR suite. Good stay so far. The half bottle of Perrier Jouet is a very welcome addition to the mini-bar!
means one less call to instant service for a mini-bar refesh .... only two calls in future :-)
Petrus likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 5:52 am

bugger! Just about to fly out of Heathrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.