FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]
Old May 31, 2018, 3:47 pm
chrism20

Originally Posted by turner32
1) You're right, it's not up for debate. There are clear rules about this. Looking at the Intercontinental website there is no mention of benefits for anyone lower than Ambassador. These people are simply not recognised here, unless the hotel *chooses* to recognise them. The T + C's will substantiate this for you, if you care to read them. Be as obtuse as you like, though, and ignore the facts.

2) Absolutely, I'm annoyed about zero-status people receiving speciality suites as upgrades on award stays. Who wouldn't be? Do you find that unreasonable?

I'm trying not laugh here. Is that the best you can come up with? Why didn't you post the rest of the conversation regarding to those two posts? In particular the bit where I point out that the poster has completely contradicted themselves all the way through the conversation and had clearly not been giving the full story. But hey I guess that never fitted with the narrative that you are trying go with here. Hey ho.

1. You are completely wrong re gold/plat/spire recognition at ICs hence why there is nothing in the terms and conditions about it not being recognised. It's extremely rare for them to receive higher categories but it is possible whilst they are also entitled to the welcome amenity which is dependent on their status in IHGRC. They even mention your status level at checkin and thank you for your loyalty which is somewhat odd to mention something that they apparently have nothing to do with.

AMB is a paid for level which offers guaranteed perks as opposed to the subject to availability nature of IHGRC and for what it's worth I agree that if the types of upgrades suggested are happening its a bit bizarre and yes you would think the higher status would get the better room as a matter of course.

But

2. You have posted a couple of reviews to back up what you think is happening. One says they are Platinum and used their annual free night voucher with no mention of the room that was actually booked. You have then admitted that you have made assumptions as to what type of free night it was when someone pointed out that it could be the BOGOF AMB voucher. The truth is we do not know enough about this particular review to make any assumptions. The other one was an AMB on a reward night who has been upgraded to a Palace Suite which does seem very bizarre but as a mod pointed out to you yesterday "There is probably more to it than we know". Hopefully the person that posted that particular review will come back and add to what was their first ever post here on FT and we can ask them.

So we have a couple of ambiguous reviews and all of a sudden this hotel is dishing out ten level upgrades as a matter of course.

Now I'm over and out on this one, we are clearly not going to agree on it so there doesn't seem much point in continuing particularly if we are heading into the name calling territory.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.