Intercontinental London Park Lane
One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays.
You can earn points for food and beverage spending in the restaurants & bars: Wellington Lounge, Arch Bar

Lounge Supplement: Ambassador rate is £150/day for up to two guests, non-Ambassador rate is £185/day. Prices as of Sept 2022.

Lounge Benefits:

Club InterContinental privileges include:
  • Private registration for check-in and check-out
  • A complimentary welcome drink
  • Club InterContinental deluxe breakfast between 06:30 - 10:30 M-F and 06:30 -11:00 on Weekends
  • Afternoon Tea with seasonal sandwiches, scones with jam, homemade cakes/pastries, and a pot of tea between 14:30 - 16:30
  • Evening drinks - Champagne, cocktails, and canapés between 17:30 - 19:30
  • Entertainment area featuring a plasma TV and wireless internet access
  • Shower facilities
  • Complimentary pressing of two pieces of clothing per stay (express service is not included)
  • Personalized Concierge and business services
  • Complimentary local calls (0203, 0207, 0208)
  • All day refreshments
Notes:
  • On weekends between 09:30 -10:30, Club InterContinental can be considerably busier, so guests may wish to consider alternative times to avoid any unexpected inconvenience
  • Club InterContinental is included for a maximum of two people. Any additional guests would incur extra charges (50 GBP for guests of Ambassadors and 60 GBP for all others).

Recent Experiences

Royal Ambassador
September 2017
October 2017
October 2017
June 2018
October 2021
October 2022
January 2023

Ambassador
May 2018
May 2018
May 2018
April 2019
July 2021
April 2022
September 2022
November 2022
May 2023
May 2023

Older discussion about this hotel:
Archive Thread

Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2019, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MultiFlyer
Does anybody know why the renovated Mayfair rooms are only bookable till 16.9.2019 and not available later?
Isn't the room refurb due to complete around then? Maybe they are going to rejig the room categories after the changes because the key distinction in the past between "London" and regular room types was that the London Rooms had been refurbed. I personally thing they should have done a more radical refurb of what is after all a modern property to bring the design kicking and screaming into the 21st Century rather than its current 1980's vibe but I guess the Arab audience enjoys that sort of décor (if my visits to the Middle East are any indicator).
Old Jul 18, 2019, 3:28 am

Interesting, I got the response that they are not on sale after 16.9 due to renovation work.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 3:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Does anyone know when the renovations are likely to be completed? Is it the whole hotel or just the rooms?
Old Aug 11, 2019, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
Does anyone know when the renovations are likely to be completed? Is it the whole hotel or just the rooms?
There isn’t that much to do beyond the rooms as all the public spaces are fairly fresh and contemporary however the corridors don’t seem to be changing
Old Oct 11, 2019, 3:58 am

All room floors with corridors and rooms will be renovated. 2nd and 3rd floor are done, working on 4th.
I’m here since Wednesday, currently relaxing in my renovated x42 corner Deluxe. This a major step up in all regards. A lovely room! Bathrooms are nice and modern. Away with the tubs and in with a large walk in shower. Only suites get tub and shower.

Design is luxurious yet subtle.
Still beige with brown wooden details. Brass metals. Mirrors a plenty - cant wait to spend a weekend here with missus

its a well done from me!
EmeraldLady and DonPedro like this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 6:42 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG RA, Globalist, ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Petrus
All room floors with corridors and rooms will be renovated. 2nd and 3rd floor are done, working on 4th.
I’m here since Wednesday, currently relaxing in my renovated x42 corner Deluxe. This a major step up in all regards. A lovely room! Bathrooms are nice and modern. Away with the tubs and in with a large walk in shower. Only suites get tub and shower.

Design is luxurious yet subtle.
Still beige with brown wooden details. Brass metals. Mirrors a plenty - cant wait to spend a weekend here with missus

its a well done from me!
Completely agree with this. Used my RA complimentary night (not Amb cert) a few weeks ago & talked them into upgrading me to a Mayfair room (old Classic) - Rm 333. What an improvement - couldn't believe it was only 18 sqm: bathroom still tiny of course and new walk in shower leaks onto the floor if not careful.

Have booked to use my Amb cert next month and also a room on points for a friend at the same time, who I will be able to guest into the Club. Was just quoted 45 GBP per night to upgrade the points room to a Mayfair type which I think is a good deal.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 11:02 am

I am getting conflicting information:

how late is the club lounge open

how late do they serve alcoholic drinks
Old Oct 24, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
I think the lounge is open til 11pm.

Free drinks stop at 7.30pm, you might get one more top up after that but the bottles are swiftly removed from the lounge shortly after that time.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
I am spire Ambassador.
Stayed one night on the 30th October. Booked using credit card free night cert just before the hotel was excluded. Called and booked club lounge access paying £110.
on arrival said I was club lounge and was shown to elevator and sent to 7th floor. Check in was swift and pleasant and I was upgraded from base room to next level. Champagne was provided to my wife and I until formalities completed. Agent was charming and very helpful.
she then said she had double upgraded me and we stayed on the 7th floor overlooking Hyde Park. Room was fine but I can’t see how it justifies almost £500 a night.
service in lounge was good we had canapés and more bubbles before attending black tie event nearby.
breakfast was extensive and tasty and my 4pm check out allowed for afternoon tea before we left.
it was a brief stay but service excellent and the £110 was good value when there are two of you.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by binman
I am spire Ambassador.
Stayed one night on the 30th October. Booked using credit card free night cert just before the hotel was excluded. Called and booked club lounge access paying £110.
on arrival said I was club lounge and was shown to elevator and sent to 7th floor. Check in was swift and pleasant and I was upgraded from base room to next level. Champagne was provided to my wife and I until formalities completed. Agent was charming and very helpful.
she then said she had double upgraded me and we stayed on the 7th floor overlooking Hyde Park. Room was fine but I can’t see how it justifies almost £500 a night.
service in lounge was good we had canapés and more bubbles before attending black tie event nearby.
breakfast was extensive and tasty and my 4pm check out allowed for afternoon tea before we left.
it was a brief stay but service excellent and the £110 was good value when there are two of you.
Their club experience offered to RA's on non paid booking (or on request as an alternative to paid bookings) is better however as it is in proper bars and restaurants. I think its fairly marginal personally at £110 as there are some great places to eat and rink in the immediate vicinity that would give you much better value for your £110 but if you want to just stay in the hotel and have a full evening drinks and snacks, breakfast and afternoon tea then it isn't bad value.

Going from a small inside room to a smallish outside room is a one cat upgrade and higher floors/larger room is a further upgrade. I would agree though the rates can be crazy here and the non refurbed rooms are decidedly average on the whole (except for the ones with sofas).
Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:32 am

They are asking for crazy rates at times, but remember that the FS opposite is often asking for about double the amount. Sure, FS is on another level, but just goes to show that the market is willing to pay these prices for hotels in this area.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 3:22 am

Programs: IC Amb, IHG Plat
Will stay here next week.
I think nothing i can expect, since i booked using points (like upgrade etc)?
Old Nov 19, 2019, 3:41 am

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
In my experience (3/3) there is a good chance of receiving a one category upgrade (which does not make much of a difference in terms of room size though).
On my last stays I also received the regular drink vouchers (not the new USD/GPB vouchers for F&B)
Overall I would rather consider spending the points at a different property if available, e.g., one of the Indigo or Kimpton properties.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sultanbinaber
In my experience (3/3) there is a good chance of receiving a one category upgrade (which does not make much of a difference in terms of room size though).
On my last stays I also received the regular drink vouchers (not the new USD/GPB vouchers for F&B)
Overall I would rather consider spending the points at a different property if available, e.g., one of the Indigo or Kimpton properties.
The standard points room at the Kimpton Fitzroy is very small so this should be factored in. It is otherwise excellent.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 5:16 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Stayed here recently in a Mayfair Grand Room having had a 1 category upgrade from a Deluxe.

The good - 2 drinks instead of one (so many properties are tight and it included some good cocktails), I like the room decor and seems to have been done to a decent standard.

the bar area is well done, drinks are great and food isn’t bad either all at pretty reasonable prices for a central London hotel. The staff and bellmen etc are all very nice.

breakfast is ok for those that don’t have it included or comp’d (continental with hot buffet at £25 each and a few choices of cooked to order for an extra £10 I think)

The bad

For some bizarre reason unknown to me they seem to think I wanted a twin the room even though I booked a one bed and I can’t see an option on app or website to change the bed type before a stay just floor, lift proximity and smoking/non - any ideas to see where they think I’ve set this preference On my account and to change it would be appreciated.

Anyway they said they can push together and make them into a king as it’s the only one in this category left (skeptical but agreed as they were adamant it’s my account that says this). We left for a couple of hours so they could change it while I was out someone turned up half did it then left with duvet/pillows etc placed all over the room.

We then return to have to wait for it all to be done and it means we are 30 mins late for dinner and are then sat around for a further 45 mins waiting for a table to now be free. (they offered breakfast as service recovery which I accepted in hindsight I should’ve asked for club access as we aren’t morning people and didn’t use breakfast on the second morning). I wouldn’t have actually minded if they didn’t do at all as atleast we could’ve got ready etc then called them to do it while we were out again.

However, as expected this solution is rubbish because the mattress topper is clearly too small to cover the whole of both beds and as expected where the two mattresses meet isn’t comfortable as the topper isn’t very thick.

The bathroom is tiny and I mean tiny though as I said about the room done to a decent standard.

Theme of this month for me the window was broken but it was just the closing mechanism meaning it wasn’t quite sealed so was quickly fixed after the first night (just annoying these things aren’t fixed by the property before guests stay) and sound proofing was pretty good given it was 3rd floor and facing park lane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.