Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:21 am

Programs: AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, IHG Rewards Club
Originally Posted by ERicday
I booked 3 days stay IC from ihg website. Now I found they lower the price in their own website. I have two questions:
1, can I request BRG to get first night free? I am not sure since the BRG should be competitive website, not their own website.
2, I am trying to accomplish the big win, which require 6 nights. Does this free night count as a night? If not, I am still a night away and no time to get another night.
Thanks.
1. You can't BRG an IHG site. Do read the terms and conditions.
2. Free night usually does not count as a night.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 6:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Just reporting in that I had two successful BRGs even though the cancellation policy for the 3rd party site was more restrictive (must cancel 4 days out) than on IHG. They've already adjusted the first night rate for each. ^

After reading through this thread, I guess I just got lucky.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:22 am

has anyone successfully used americanexpress.co.uk ?

i tried once and got told the rates were membership rates. whilst i felt that i could challenge them i was able to cancel without penalty - which i did - and re-submit using a different site
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by moseslin
Just reporting in that I had two successful BRGs even though the cancellation policy for the 3rd party site was more restrictive (must cancel 4 days out) than on IHG. They've already adjusted the first night rate for each. ^

After reading through this thread, I guess I just got lucky.
Was this when prepaid rates were available? or just best flex available. i.e within 7 days of check in.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
Any of you have some recommendations for hotel sites that charge in HK dollars? If you wouldn't mind sending me a PM, I'd appreciate it. I've found lower prices for some of the IHG properties, but none with the local currency.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by PointsNmiles
Any of you have some recommendations for hotel sites that charge in HK dollars? If you wouldn't mind sending me a PM, I'd appreciate it. I've found lower prices for some of the IHG properties, but none with the local currency.
Is there amount way around the same currency rule? There's a HIX on South Africa that bills in ZAR on IHG, buy is cheaper on Expedia, which is in $US.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:33 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, IHG Rewards Club
There is no way around the currency rule AFAIK.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 2:01 am

I've recently come across this thread and found it intriguing.
I'm afraid though that I've got a couple of questions and I apologise now if they've already been covered (I been thru' many hundreds of posts but certaunly not all 380+pages) and can't see anything...
I'm planning to go to Madrid later in the year for a short break with the family (3 nights) and found an advance price cheaper on Skoosh (@€50 per night). However, I realise the currencies have to be the same and the price quoted is in GBP where the HI price is in €. I can easily change the currency on Skoosh to € using a drop down menu but wanted to check if this still qualifies?
Second question ....can I book the stay with holiday inn using reward points and then make a BRG claim? Is successful would they credit back the points for the first night and how would they treat the 2 subsequent nights?
Many thanks for any help
Old Apr 17, 2014, 2:53 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Originally Posted by Sprout7
I've recently come across this thread and found it intriguing.
I'm afraid though that I've got a couple of questions and I apologise now if they've already been covered (I been thru' many hundreds of posts but certaunly not all 380+pages) and can't see anything...
I'm planning to go to Madrid later in the year for a short break with the family (3 nights) and found an advance price cheaper on Skoosh (@€50 per night). However, I realise the currencies have to be the same and the price quoted is in GBP where the HI price is in €. I can easily change the currency on Skoosh to € using a drop down menu but wanted to check if this still qualifies?
Second question ....can I book the stay with holiday inn using reward points and then make a BRG claim? Is successful would they credit back the points for the first night and how would they treat the 2 subsequent nights?
Many thanks for any help
Keep reading .
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Many thanks for any help
Many online agencies offer quotes in a wide range of currencies, for your convenience, as they say. Most of them will only bill in their own "home" currency, while a few offer a handful of mainstream €$£ for billing.

You can usually find out by reading the T&C or FAQ. If not, you can call them. Or taking the payment to the penultimate stage can reveal the answer - though it can be a risky way to find out.

The reward night idea is, well, just a bit silly . Sorry!
Old Apr 18, 2014, 12:33 am

Thanks Ian - it was more wishful thinking.
In case it helps anyone - I tried calling the UK BRG number yesterday (0871 no.) and it was just a recorded message directing you back to the website. I called the reservations number and they informed me that this service had been discontinued & it was not now possible to call the BRG team directly and all correspondence had to be via e-mail.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 1:00 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Thanks Ian - it was more wishful thinking.
In case it helps anyone - I tried calling the UK BRG number yesterday (0871 no.) and it was just a recorded message directing you back to the website. I called the reservations number and they informed me that this service had been discontinued & it was not now possible to call the BRG team directly and all correspondence had to be via e-mail.
Yeah the glory days...
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:00 am

Success after two denials

Found a comparison rate for $5 less than IHG, booked and submitted claim. It was rejected after around 6 hours but the comparison IHG sent me back was a different room type. Refuted denial, sending my own screenshot, denied about 20 hours later because the price had gone up (it had).

Refuted denial again with a new comparison website, was denied for being past the 24 hours.

Canceled booking, rebooked, resubmitted claim for $10 less than booked price and it was successful. Sometimes it takes a little time but it definitely helps to have the patience to look through all the comparison websites. This forum is excellent for tips.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: A3-G
Hi

I have been filled via cliam website yeserday for best price guarantee

they often reply about 6 to 12 hour but now waited for them for 30 hours now

I think they slow now.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:36 am

I'm pretty new to BRG, having never successfully found one. I'd like to know if they apply to falling rates. For example, last year I booked a stay at Hotel Indigo in Chicago way ahead of time, and the rate kept on dropping in the ensuing months. I think I booked for about $190, then cancelled and rebooked at $180, then again at $165 or so. Could I have gotten BRG for this? For example, if I had kept my $190 reservation and then showed IHG a hotels.com rate of $165 or $180 2 months later, would they have given me the first night free and matched the lower rate for the remaining nights? If so, this is huge because rates change depending on demand and timing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.