Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2014, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by 31570324
I asked them how it's relevant for my claim that they have the right to modify the T&C. No anwer from BRG Desk and IHGCare. I asked at Facebook for a explanation for the word "Household". They deleted my post and banned me from their Facebook Page. I asked them for contact details of IHG Managment, but they just ignore my Emails now.
In my opinion we haven't done anything against the T&C, household is a clear definition. Anyone have contact details for some instance above IHGCare and BRG Desk?
I think you have your answer

It's probably best to fight battles only when you have a chance of winning!
Old Mar 28, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by nacho
This is not about household. This is about that you stay at the same hotel free within a week. I know about a household definition. I know their T&C doesn’t state clearly about that but that’s how it’s interpreted. You are lucky that they don’t close down your account or banning you fom future BRG.
This! you cant stay two nights and yes very lucky not to be banned...or it may still come...
Old Mar 28, 2014, 10:21 am

Has anybody been able to get BRG for Travelpony price?
Old Mar 28, 2014, 11:53 am

I've never done this before but I found a hotel on hotels.com that is way cheaper than the price on the IHG website. However, the price on hotels.com said it is only good for today. If I book the room and file a claim, will they honor it if the price changes back tomorrow?
Old Mar 28, 2014, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
I've never done this before but I found a hotel on hotels.com that is way cheaper than the price on the IHG website. However, the price on hotels.com said it is only good for today. If I book the room and file a claim, will they honor it if the price changes back tomorrow?
If its flexible what you waiting for just book and claim see what happens, good luck.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by mitpat474
If its flexible what you waiting for just book and claim see what happens, good luck.
Cool my claim got accepted for the Crowne Plaza New Orleans French Quarter
Old Mar 29, 2014, 5:58 am

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
Can you use BRG for a one night stay?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by anngi
Yes you can
Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:46 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Originally Posted by anngi
Thats actually I guess what 99% do
Old Mar 29, 2014, 4:24 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by 31570324
Can anyone tell me the definition of the word "household" in the BRG T&C? I booked a room on my name with my girlfriend as second person and also a room on my girlfriends name with me as second person.
Why did you provide the additional guest's name?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by patgarrett
Why did you provide the additional guest's name?
I thought the exact same, although sometimes they do prompt (not yet experienced that by email though) I always put 2 guests and never a 2nd name
Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by mitpat474
I thought the exact same, although sometimes they do prompt (not yet experienced that by email though) I always put 2 guests and never a 2nd name
You have never been asked for the 2nd guest name?
Old Mar 30, 2014, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
You have never been asked for the 2nd guest name?
Over the phone once twice, sometimes i did put a 2nd name. - but never by email and thats around 5 brgs so far via email
Old Mar 30, 2014, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I always put in the name of the second guest when I file BRG claims - it was after they started asking me the name. So I thought I might as well make it easier for them to verify by putting it in. It doesn't take more time and I think it improves the chance of getting it approved (look less dodgy and less hassle from their side).
Old Mar 30, 2014, 5:18 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by nacho
I always put in the name of the second guest when I file BRG claims - it was after they started asking me the name. So I thought I might as well make it easier for them to verify by putting it in. It doesn't take more time and I think it improves the chance of getting it approved (look less dodgy and less hassle from their side).
Since you can't modify a BRG without losing the BRG, one should always take care to set room search to 2Adults and book as 2adults as in theory (if not always in practise) an unhappy hotel can then refuse to allow a second occupant.

That said one does not need provide the name, say it will depend on your various friends plans nearer the time which friend will accompany you.

If you provide the second name, then if that person is not make stay date , you can't get a different person into room. A good reason i don't say John Smith as second name if I am asked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.