Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Old Oct 16, 2015, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by ellylex
....it doesn't make sense what are they researching..
According to an agent, the "research" is most likely to involve the hotel and working out how to handle refunds/adjustments.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by ellylex
?! Where are You getting this information from?
If rate has to be verified by the rep and it takes for them awhile (intentionally or not) - then Your statement "You are protected from price changes" cannot be true.
Correct me if I am wrong.
I am basing myself on numerous experiences in similar situations. The agents explained that they confirm that the rate as such is there, but they need more time to verify whether all conditions are met (same room type, same package, instant confirmation, billing currency, ...). This may involve the BPG desk taking up contact with the hotel or OTA. Hence the delay. I have had to wait for weeks in some cases.

I just do not understand how you think your claim is so special that you expect business as usual at IHG comes to a halt in order to address your case first. Validation that you qualify can happen in under an hour, or take over a month. If you want instant confirmation, just pay for the room.

Last edited by 336; Oct 16, 2015 at 2:51 am
Old Oct 16, 2015, 4:12 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by 336
I am basing myself on numerous experiences in similar situations. The agents explained that they confirm that the rate as such is there, but they need more time to verify whether all conditions are met (same room type, same package, instant confirmation, billing currency, ...). This may involve the BPG desk taking up contact with the hotel or OTA. Hence the delay. I have had to wait for weeks in some cases.

I just do not understand how you think your claim is so special that you expect business as usual at IHG comes to a halt in order to address your case first. Validation that you qualify can happen in under an hour, or take over a month. If you want instant confirmation, just pay for the room.
+1 from me. Probably checking a instant confirmation or something. I have even been sent screenshots of emails t o the OTAs.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by 336
The rate you saw has been registered as from the first response you have received from the BPG desk. You are protected from price changes.
The rep uses the price that is available WHEN he makes the formal comparison. The price at the time the claimant submits the claim is irrelevant. They has been enough anecdotal evidence on here, that straighforward denials happen within a few hrs, but other denials take serveral days, inbetween times the OTA price has magically changed to make the formal comparison a failure.

Last edited by tangey; Oct 16, 2015 at 7:33 am
Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by tangey
The rep uses the price that is available WHEN he makes the formal comparison. The price at the time the claimant submits the claim is irrelevant. They has been enough anecdotal evidence on here, that straighforward denials happen within a few hrs, but other denials take serveral days, inbetween times the OTA price has magically changed to make the formal comparison a failure.
I'm not sure the anecdotal evidence is actually correct, because that has never happened to me, at least. In my experience, the rep confirms the price during the FIRST time that they view the claim themself. At that point, they'll take a screenshot of the competing site with the price available at that time. If they come back and say they need more time to validate/verify, there's no risk of losing the claim if the price fluctuates on either site during the time the rep takes more time to validate the claim, as the rep has already "locked" in the old rate from both IHG and the competing site via a screen-shot and they will honor that. This has at least been the process for the last few months that IHG has been following .
Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
I'm not sure the anecdotal evidence is actually correct, because that has never happened to me, at least. In my experience, the rep confirms the price during the FIRST time that they view the claim themself. At that point, they'll take a screenshot of the competing site with the price available at that time. If they come back and say they need more time to validate/verify, there's no risk of losing the claim if the price fluctuates on either site during the time the rep takes more time to validate the claim, as the rep has already "locked" in the old rate from both IHG and the competing site via a screen-shot and they will honor that. This has at least been the process for the last few months that IHG has been following .
I agree with this statement.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
Correct!
Old Oct 16, 2015, 3:36 pm

24 hours since my BRG request and still no response...
Old Oct 17, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
24 hours since my BRG request and still no response...
It has slowed down this week.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by patgarrett
It has slowed down this week.
I had a 1 hr response on tuesday
Old Oct 17, 2015, 11:21 am

Advanche Purchase vs non-changeable

I found a rate on the IHG Website for EUR600 per night (Advance Purchase).

On the other website I found exactly same room/type/date/everything, but it says non-changeable and non-refundable.

Does anyone have experience with this? Is the Advance Purchase Rate on IHG officially also non-changeable, or will they consider this not the same rate conditions?
Old Oct 17, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by RobbertS
I found a rate on the IHG Website for EUR600 per night (Advance Purchase).

On the other website I found exactly same room/type/date/everything, but it says non-changeable and non-refundable.

Does anyone have experience with this? Is the Advance Purchase Rate on IHG officially also non-changeable, or will they consider this not the same rate conditions?
The AP rate is non-changeable and non-refundable. It should say this on the booking page. The rate conditions sound the same. Personally I wouldn't consider claiming an AP room at that price.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 2:29 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by patgarrett
The AP rate is non-changeable and non-refundable. It should say this on the booking page. The rate conditions sound the same. Personally I wouldn't consider claiming an AP room at that price.
As far as I can see, IHG only talks about "non-refundable" but doesn't say anything about "non-changeable". As far as I understand it, all AP rates are therefore changeable, even though the hotel may disagree.

HTB.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by htb
As far as I can see, IHG only talks about "non-refundable" but doesn't say anything about "non-changeable". As far as I understand it, all AP rates are therefore changeable, even though the hotel may disagree.

HTB.
Certainly not

A non-refundable night by any common and legally understood meaning is fixed rate for that specific individual booking / night(s), so definitely not changeable as a right under ones booking terms

Unlike airline tickets which come with choice of more flexibility extra purchase offerings with increased prices at booking time , hotels offer just the solo simple no refund option
Old Oct 18, 2015, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by mitpat474
I had a 1 hr response on tuesday
still nothing after over 48 hours...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.