FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:55 am
FlyingHigh20

Originally Posted by tangey
The rep uses the price that is available WHEN he makes the formal comparison. The price at the time the claimant submits the claim is irrelevant. They has been enough anecdotal evidence on here, that straighforward denials happen within a few hrs, but other denials take serveral days, inbetween times the OTA price has magically changed to make the formal comparison a failure.
I'm not sure the anecdotal evidence is actually correct, because that has never happened to me, at least. In my experience, the rep confirms the price during the FIRST time that they view the claim themself. At that point, they'll take a screenshot of the competing site with the price available at that time. If they come back and say they need more time to validate/verify, there's no risk of losing the claim if the price fluctuates on either site during the time the rep takes more time to validate the claim, as the rep has already "locked" in the old rate from both IHG and the competing site via a screen-shot and they will honor that. This has at least been the process for the last few months that IHG has been following .