Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2015, 6:24 am

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
is it allowed Claim Sa/So night at property X and the week later Sa/So night at the same propertie? (regarding Rule 7day period)
Old Aug 5, 2015, 6:37 am

Yes. It's every 7 days so you can claim every saturday night.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
they accepting flex against advanced rates again?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:43 am

Hit and miss
Old Aug 10, 2015, 3:03 pm

I've read back over a fair bit of this thread, and spent days in vain looking for hotels to compare to (looking for a hotel in Paris). If anyone can give some hints/tips for which websites may give me some more success, that would be very much appreciated.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jimmymac87
I've read back over a fair bit of this thread, and spent days in vain looking for hotels to compare to (looking for a hotel in Paris). If anyone can give some hints/tips for which websites may give me some more success, that would be very much appreciated.
No one is going to start posting websites on forums, a sure way to kill that website off for all future bpg opportunities

Basically there is no magic set of secret websites that always under cut certain hotels. Basically you will have to spend 2-4 hours or more searching and comparing hotel rates and room descriptions.

As a newbie I suggest you start by looking at multi OTA searching sites like trivago and hotelscombined which show multiple OTA rates for hotels

You will also find it far far harder and rarer to find a bpg OTA against a flex cancelable rate. So as a newbie I strongly suggest you look at only bpg'ing advance rates as less hurdles like cancel period etc , BUT because you are committed if bpg attempt fails to only book a hotel you would otherwise book on location and price

Also remember that for some BPG that you get OK'd you may be charged upfront on booking or checkin and have to wait 4-8 weeks for a credit from IHG corporate. Something to bear in mind if you BPG an expensive suite
Old Aug 11, 2015, 5:30 am

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond

Last edited by Marco159; Jan 19, 2016 at 4:01 am Reason: .....
Old Aug 11, 2015, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Marco159
After how many claims at the same property they will close my account? any ideas?
are you paying for any rooms or purely brg
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Marco159
After how many claims at the same property they will close my account? any ideas?
Account closure will be an IHG Corporate decision (not individual hotels) based on you being somewhat unprofitable to IHG eg if you only ever stay on BPG nights and never make paid stays

Yes individual hotels you consistently BPG may eventually do there best to make you feel less welcome eg no upgrades and one of worst rooms in booked category, although BPGs should be treated the same as paid qual stays
(Remember upgrade in t&c does nit have to be in room category and us occupancy dependent)

I am sure I read in this thread 15-18months ago an hotel told someone who repeatedly bpg'ing the hotel they were no longer welcome and any future bookings would be cancelled by the hotel
Old Aug 11, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I kind of disagree with the statement "bpg opportunities". To me it's less an opportunity, but rather correcting a wrong - in the end it's not the OTAs being more pleasant, but individual properties shafting us over - over and over again.

Should the individual properties (of any chain) play by the book, we'd not need BRG/BPGs. It kills me to see an IC half price somewhere else compared to IHG's site, but not matchable because the terms are different. I'd rather see the free night go and the terms be more laxed.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
40 minutes for a reply (rejection)

I was comparing best flex, but competing website has a small admin charge for cancelling earlier, and the cut of date of cancelling is a day earlier than IHG.

They also declined it because IHG had a non-refundable rate, which was cheaper than my competing rate.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by tangey

I was comparing best flex, but competing website has a small admin charge for cancelling earlier, and the cut of date of cancelling is a day earlier than IHG.

They also declined it because IHG had a non-refundable rate, which was cheaper than my competing rate.
Was you comparing flex against flex or non refund?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by mitpat474
Was you comparing flex against flex or non refund?
Flex against flex
Old Aug 12, 2015, 2:41 pm

Did anyone successfully claim the IC Manila lately?

I do find cheaper rates but although they display in PHP they always charge in US-$ or €. Any pointers are appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 4:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by tangey

This is a correct rejection. The cut off date has to be identical.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.