Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2015, 1:19 am

Another recent example that proves that several things might go wrong on a BPG claim although I know that the mistake has been made by the hotel and not by IHG's BPG desk.

I am pleased to hear that your claim was valid for Best Price Guarantee. I refunded the deposit from your reservation and modified it to complimentary stay. Your should see the refund back to your account within 3-5 business days.
Obviously I prefer reimbursement after the stay but I'd like to give kudos to the guest services manager for her quick reply. Howsoever instead crediting the money on my card I was charged again and again (with a slightly different amount).

To prevent confusion, the amount on the right is in Euros.

Not that big of a deal. The hotel will solve the problem and the rate was quite low priced as well. Nevertheless imo a very good example that all bets are off on a BPG and impatience ain't helpful.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
still looking for dubai......

can trade uk or europe
Old Oct 21, 2015, 12:25 pm

The last mail I received, is a bit strange. But it's still a confirmation for the free night right?

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for contacting our office regarding the Best Price Guarantee in reference to rates at InterContinental xxxxx. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this matter.

We are working on the best way to adjust your reservation to a 1st night FREE. We appreciate your patience and will contact you via email once this has been confirmed.

One free night will be given to the guest per stay and for connecting reservations made by the guest or his household members at IHG hotels within 50 miles of each other. The reservation should remain unchanged once the claim qualified. Primary guest is required to present a valid government ID upon arrival.

We look forward to accommodating your upcoming reservation. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us via e-mail at [email protected].
Old Oct 21, 2015, 9:45 pm

Anyone had recent success with having BRG claim approved for one of the ANA ICs in the Tokyo/Yokohama area? Can anyone recommend any lesser known OTAs that bill in JPY?
Old Oct 22, 2015, 1:38 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by daruda
The last mail I received, is a bit strange. But it's still a confirmation for the free night right?
its normal and yes
Old Oct 22, 2015, 3:46 am

Hello all,

I have just had a BRG guarantee declined (12 hours after submitting claim - so nice and quick!)

Booked on IHG for £625, found a site offering exactly the same room/cancellation options for £450... when they checked it had jumped to £722... it is now showing at £597 but not including breakfast (all breakfast options appear to have disappeared from the site)

Does anybody have any sites that would be worth checking to see if I can find any other options? - I don't have much time with this current booking left, but prices on IHG site are still the same and cancellation will need to be before Friday afternoon

Thanks for any suggestions!
Old Oct 22, 2015, 12:23 pm

Hi all,

I received an email that said:

Thank you for contacting our office regarding our Best Price Guarantee in reference to rates at the Holiday Inn XXXX. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this matter.

We have verified the competing site – (the O) – and we were able to see the lower rate you are claiming listed and available. As seen on our system, you have booked the Best Flexible Rate on our website, please be advised that we have a lower rate under Special Offer (Non-refundable), thus the reservation was not book with the lowest best available rate on the IHG website. Moreover, the rates available on (B) match the rates currently available on IHG website.

Given this premise, it is with regret to inform you that we will not be able to extend the Guarantee to this particular reservation.
I've never had this problem before with BRGs since I've always booked a cancellable rate and had it honored. I'm wondering if there was some sort of confusion also, since they bring up another website (B) than the one I mentioned in my claim (O). Should I try to resubmit, or is it not worth it? Has anyone ever gotten a response from the BRG desk like that?
Old Oct 22, 2015, 7:02 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by goodgracious
Hi all,

I've never had this problem before with BRGs since I've always booked a cancellable rate and had it honored. I'm wondering if there was some sort of confusion also, since they bring up another website (B) than the one I mentioned in my claim (O). Should I try to resubmit, or is it not worth it? Has anyone ever gotten a response from the BRG desk like that?
Wrote back pointing out that their response was a little contradictory and mentioned two other booking websites (which I pointed out had never happened) and awarded a free night for my stay! First time writing back has actually worked out!
Old Oct 22, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by goodgracious
Hi all,

Nothing to do with specifically booking flex rates or advance rates on IHG.COM , but rather to. do with the often dispayed "IHG member tab" for chosen booking that any signed up @Rewards member can choose to avail the,selves of (use) and gives a slight 0 - 5 % discount
If you are not signed to IHG @Rewards this rejection would not be possible

Yes these days when you select room type to book and choose flex (or upfront) or with breakfast offering under that room type , you for over a year now can often click on the tab in right side of chosen box ... "IHG MEMBER RATE". typically upto a further 5% off (done times just peanuts off)

So yes someone who s not an IHG @Rewards MembeR can not book this rate, but if you are a member , even a club level non elite, the BPG team now , correctly/fairly under IHG t+c (a lower rate you could have booked ! )see that tab rate for your booked room as cheapest rate on IHG site and compare OTA rate to that

Thîs tab if available totally kills off BPG opportunities where OTA undercuts IHG hotel by just a really small amount eg £2 on £100 night room as though saving is greater than. Needed 1% the @Rewards Member tab rate might be £5 off at £95 invalidating that claim
Old Oct 23, 2015, 12:00 am

Even for non Reward Club members you get denied if you do not book this rate.

The rate is visible to non-members, you just need to sign up.

Last edited by 336; Oct 23, 2015 at 12:05 am
Old Oct 23, 2015, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by 336

The worst is that it's free to sign up for a lot of discounted rates but then IHG doesn't accept them according to their T&C - but they turn you down because you don't book their members only rate!
Old Oct 25, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: Kingclub - Gold,Skywards Silver,Jet Privilege Blue Plus,IHG Platinum,Marriott Silver,QMiles Burgundy
So have found a rate on an OTA for an Intercon. Rooms type are exactly the same but the comparison is AP rate on IHG which is room only (special IHG member rate) vs cancellable (3 days prior to check in) breakfast inclusive rate on the OTA. Price is more than 20% lower on the OTA. Given that it is an AP/non refundable rate am wondering whether to take the risk.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by 336

Damned, so even if you book a room without creating an IHG account, they will decline the BRG because they have a lower rate if you would have created an account?
Old Oct 25, 2015, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Wildboar
So have found a rate on an OTA for an Intercon. Rooms type are exactly the same but the comparison is AP rate on IHG which is room only (special IHG member rate) vs cancellable (3 days prior to check in) breakfast inclusive rate on the OTA. Price is more than 20% lower on the OTA. Given that it is an AP/non refundable rate am wondering whether to take the risk.
Breakfast makes it a "package" which does not reflect accurately the IHG offer.

It doesn't match their terms and conditions, so it would be foolish to risk it unless you'd be happy to stay at the IHG rates.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 8:19 pm

More than one BRG claim for a single reservation?

Is one allowed to make one booking with an IHG property and then submit several BRG claims (each for a different OTA) within 24 hours of making the original booking?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.