Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2014, 2:14 am

Submitted 3 claims yesterday morning at various times. The first one has been ignored. The second was rejected after 19 hours. The third accepted after 22 hours.
Like you guys, the last few weeks i've been getting response times of around 72 hours. Hopefully today's wasn't a one off.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 6:38 am

Oh, no - does it mean that if there were only 2 possible choices for the room booking on the IHG site - Non-refundable and best flexible with breakfast (the same as the other cheaper site) and I submitted a cliam for the flexible rate (because I wanted breakfast with my rate) - I have no chance to begin with? :O
Old Nov 14, 2014, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by TheShis
Oh, no - does it mean that if there were only 2 possible choices for the room booking on the IHG site - Non-refundable and best flexible with breakfast (the same as the other cheaper site) and I submitted a cliam for the flexible rate (because I wanted breakfast with my rate) - I have no chance to begin with? :O
If there was no advance purchase with breakfast then you should be fine.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by SirAlfonso
If there was no advance purchase with breakfast then you should be fine.
Cheers!
Old Nov 15, 2014, 5:28 am

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Put a claim in, it was accepted yesterday after 26 hours.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Amyrlin
Put a claim in, it was accepted yesterday after 26 hours.
Would be very helpful if posters could indicate where the hotel is located and which site offered a lower rate.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 10:42 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TinDrum
Would be very helpful if posters could indicate where the hotel is located and which site offered a lower rate.
Don't expect a free ride,you need to do your own researching/hunting.

1. Absolutely not. Providing the hotel + ota pairing was done by a blogger for NYC and led to meltdown, 1000's of claims , and more annoyingly the end of telephone BRG claiming etc

2. If we start publishing 'obscure, non mainstream ota's, a large number of claims on that ota would follow and IHG would be forced to take action and that named ota would be useless in very short time.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Don't expect a free ride,you need to do your own researching/hunting...
Pedantic schoolmeester?

...IHG would be forced to take action ...
IHG has already taken action by deliberately delaying responses to BRG claims, outright lying and so on
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:47 am

Thumbs down

Tried for the HI Resort Phi Phi. 2 Nights = 20,000THB on their website after tax. Hotels.com = 18,000 after tax.

Filled in the claim. Responded in 22 hours.

They said I didn't book through their website so it's not eligible for a BRG...I clearly did book on their bloody website.

They also then went to say that the rate posted on hotels.com is 8,500 per night. Which is lower than what I paid through their own website.

I responded by forwarding them the HI confirmation email, but have yet to hear back.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 5:45 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by TinDrum

Good one.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:52 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Don't expect a free ride,you need to do your own researching/hunting.

1. Absolutely not. Providing the hotel + ota pairing was done by a blogger for NYC and led to meltdown, 1000's of claims , and more annoyingly the end of telephone BRG claiming etc

2. If we start publishing 'obscure, non mainstream ota's, a large number of claims on that ota would follow and IHG would be forced to take action and that named ota would be useless in very short time.
+1

Perhaps ask someone nicely over PM and they might help you.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:02 am

I think it would be much easier to have a system that will simply 'beat' the lowest advertised price. That would do away with all the people who just troll for free nights (because no offense but it's not really the intended purpose of the guarantee and it mucks up the system for those just trying to make good on the lowest rate for a planned stay).
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by trouble747
I think it would be much easier to have a system that will simply 'beat' the lowest advertised price. That would do away with all the people who just troll for free nights (because no offense but it's not really the intended purpose of the guarantee and it mucks up the system for those just trying to make good on the lowest rate for a planned stay).
thats what they used to do
Old Nov 20, 2014, 2:57 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Another fair claim denied because they lost / didnt receive the claim form

I sent a chasing email after 48 hours and they replied 24 hours after that

Clearly multiple claims on same room is the way to go. I was too busy at work to remember to do the others
Old Nov 20, 2014, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by Geoggy
Clearly multiple claims on same room is the way to go. I was too busy at work to remember to do the others
I usually provide them more than one comparison website. They are doing well this week, got my IC Lisbon, IC Porto, CP Porto, IC Budapest and IC Lass Vegas approved in 24 hours=)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.