Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2015, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by daruda
Think I got my first refund of a stay 3 weeks ago.
However it is €45 less than the rate I paid.

I guess due to bank fees?

Does the rest in Europe experience the same? It seems they do the refund based on a US account and that's giving the high transaction fees.
Is it possible to get the refund on a mastercard?

Regards
Definitely bank fees - IHG doesn't pay any fee when they wired money back, also they wired in USD, so if your account is not USD your bank will charge you a conversion fee.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 9:46 am

Looking for board advice

I'm willing to book a stay in HKG:
IHG lowest rate is "Double11 promotion" at 5.164HK$ but it prepaid and non refundable
IHG lowest refundable rate is "Advance Purchase" at 6.541HK$

Booking.com is offering a refundable (same as IHG Advance Purchase) rate at 5.164HK$

IHG brg team say my request isn't valid as they offer the same rate. But I'm looking for a refundable one!

What do you think?

Thanks
maclover
Old Nov 11, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by maclover
Looking for board advice

I'm willing to book a stay in HKG:
IHG lowest rate is "Double11 promotion" at 5.164HK$ but it prepaid and non refundable
IHG lowest refundable rate is "Advance Purchase" at 6.541HK$

Booking.com is offering a refundable (same as IHG Advance Purchase) rate at 5.164HK$

IHG brg team say my request isn't valid as they offer the same rate. But I'm looking for a refundable one!

What do you think?

Thanks
maclover
You need to book the lowest available rate on IHG.com irrespective of whether that rate is refundable or non refundable.

Concerning your claim, the third party is not offering a lower rate than what IHG is offering on ihg.com, it is the same, cancellation policies aside.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 11:37 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
what is the current response time?
Old Nov 11, 2015, 11:45 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by Boddingtons
what is the current response time?
6 hours
Old Nov 11, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by Boddingtons
You need to book the lowest available rate on IHG.com irrespective of whether that rate is refundable or non refundable.

Concerning your claim, the third party is not offering a lower rate than what IHG is offering on ihg.com, it is the same, cancellation policies aside.
Indeed, you cant swap better cancellation times for the lower price criteria unfortunately...
Old Nov 11, 2015, 11:57 am

I have a question.

If you want to make a claim, but the rate is only available through an aggregator such as hotelscombined or trivago and not directly on a website. Will they allow a claim if you say that they need to look on the aggregator and then click through on to the website?
Old Nov 11, 2015, 3:37 pm

Unfortunately they won't accept that. Needs to be available directly on the website.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by TheBlackMamba
I have a question.

If you want to make a claim, but the rate is only available through an aggregator such as hotelscombined or trivago and not directly on a website. Will they allow a claim if you say that they need to look on the aggregator and then click through on to the website?
I think you can, you need to write hotelcombined as the page where you find the rate, then you can step by step guiding the agent to find the rate.

Do a flex rate in case it doesn't work.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by nacho
I think you can, you need to write hotelcombined as the page where you find the rate, then you can step by step guiding the agent to find the rate.

Do a flex rate in case it doesn't work.
I think I already found an other solution, only need to test it now. But thanks for the advice ^

And I almost always use flex rates
Old Nov 12, 2015, 8:41 am

Hiding the referral code in the link won't work.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 3:35 am

Claim denied because Travelzoo "package" is greater than IHG and not equal

I am quite frustrated with this IHG BRG "package exclusion" clause.

Currently at Travelzoo there is a refundable rate of $229/night for a partial ocean view room on a weekend at the IC The Clement Monterey, CA.

This "package" includes: free wifi, a $50 spa credit, 25% off lunch or dinner.

The same Partial Ocean view "room only" is $404/night with the same refund policy. And of course there is no equivalent package at IHG.

Claim filed within 24 hours but the greater Travelzoo offering is deemed by IHG to be a package and not equivalent to the IHG reservation made and thus denied.

Does this make any sense where the greater competitor offering is not available at IHG and thus is does not meet the "equivalent package" terms. I can understand the package exclusion terms if one was trying to compare rates with different extras, but IHG's has NO extras vs the Travelzoo offer.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 12:17 pm

Are you allowed to have 2 BPG claims within 14 days if the hotels are separated more than 50 miles from each other?
Old Nov 13, 2015, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by daruda
Are you allowed to have 2 BPG claims within 14 days if the hotels are separated more than 50 miles from each other?
Yes you are.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 12:16 pm

Approved claim for Indigo Chelsea in NYC, but still have not adjusted my rate... Has anyone had a successful BRG there? I am hoping there will be a rate adjustment... not a cheque.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.