Old Jul 8, 13, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Old Dec 3, 15, 4:51 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by ringingup View Post
I submitted another claim for another night in the same week and had a claim approved. My cheaper rate was on amoma.com this time. There was only one room available so I got lucky they didn't sell it before IHG checked. It's one night at the Intercontinental Park Lane in London. Unfortunately it's just a Classic Room (they look tiny and old fashioned), but at least it's with breakfast.

I only hope I won't have to pay for it and claim a refund afterwards. I'd rather avoid the hassle.
They have been recently amending the rate such that you cannot view it anywhere online (mobile site too) but its defo comped. only once have i been reimbursed from PL and that is a lot of claims there.
Old Dec 6, 15, 3:04 pm

Anyone some good OTA's in JPY?
Looking for the IC's in Tokyo

But really hard with the anaihghotels.co.jp rates that need you need to take into scope...
Old Dec 6, 15, 4:38 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by daruda View Post
Anyone some good OTA's in JPY?
Looking for the IC's in Tokyo

But really hard with the anaihghotels.co.jp rates that need you need to take into scope...
You have to use the JP OTAs. I've successfully claimed a few times, but you MUST be either able to read Japanese or have a Japanese person nearby with a LOT of free time on their hands, because the Japanese OTAs list thousands of packages with minute inclusions and exclusions, so you need to find the right one to claim against.

Then, of course, there's the BRG desk handling time where they pass it off to an outside translator and so on.
Old Dec 10, 15, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by BorussiaMG View Post
I contacted the hotel now. Any other ideas what I could possibly do? Chargeback seems difficult as booked 4 month ago. Any advice is appreciated.
fyi: Without further communication the hotel refunded the amount to my credit card.
Old Dec 10, 15, 4:58 am

fyi: Without further communication the hotel refunded the amount to my credit card.
Was this your BRG at the IC Times Square? They tend to do the refund of the deposit about a week after the stay.
Old Dec 10, 15, 6:46 am

Programs: QF Gold
Is anyone able to explain this to me. Buenos Aires Intercontinental.
ihg.com - standard room no breakfast $174 per night
hoteling.com - double with breakfast $100 per night
amoma.com - double room with breakfast $100 night

So surely this would be part of their best rate guarantee or is them some form of get of jail?
Old Dec 10, 15, 7:14 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by travelislife View Post
Is anyone able to explain this to me. Buenos Aires Intercontinental.
ihg.com - standard room no breakfast $174 per night
hoteling.com - double with breakfast $100 per night
amoma.com - double room with breakfast $100 night

So surely this would be part of their best rate guarantee or is them some form of get of jail?
Depends what the cancellation policy is (it has to be EXACTLY the same)... and it's always better to compare the same 'package' (IHG.com rate WITH breakfast, which would make the IHG rate even higher). If these are prepaid rates, there is a risk for you if they won't honor their BRG (I had this before and won't do BRG's for prepaid rates anymore).
Old Dec 10, 15, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20 View Post
Was this your BRG at the IC Times Square? They tend to do the refund of the deposit about a week after the stay.
No. It was an IC in Asia.

I was told by the BPG desk that the stay is adjusted (in advance). This never happened but I didn't mind. First I prefer the reimbursement and second I received the mail "Please accept our apologies as we were unable to adjust your reservation to reflect your free night" quite frequently although the stay was adjusted and confirmed by the hotel. So I thought it might be the other way around this time. Although the invoice stated 0 I was not refunded by that time. Not that big of a deal but annoying.
Old Dec 13, 15, 2:16 am

Programs: UA 1K; QR P; HH D; MR G; IHG SpAmb
Anybody who could recommend a site in Kuwait/site that charges KWD? PM me if you do not want to post info in the forum - thanks.
Old Dec 13, 15, 11:34 am

Programs: Gold Star Alliance,IHG Spire Ambassador, Starwood, Hilton Honor Diamond, Silver Accor, Diamond Hyatt
Anyone got a brg claim validated and changed to free stay in London ? Apart from IC.
If you can list the hotel's name who change the rate to 0.

Thanks
Old Dec 13, 15, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Lotfi070 View Post
If you can list the hotel's name who change the rate to 0.
Earlier this year the "CP - London, the city" changed the rate to 0
Old Dec 13, 15, 5:01 pm

Programs: Gold Star Alliance,IHG Spire Ambassador, Starwood, Hilton Honor Diamond, Silver Accor, Diamond Hyatt
Earlier this year the "CP - London, the city" changed the rate to 0
Any test in CP Docklands?
Old Dec 13, 15, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by Lotfi070 View Post
Any test in CP Docklands?
adjusted
Old Dec 14, 15, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by belfordrocks View Post
adjusted
Thanks for your reply
Old Dec 14, 15, 6:36 am

Programs: UA 1K; QR P; HH D; MR G; IHG SpAmb
CP Ealing didn't adjust; got reimbursed by IHG

Search this Thread