Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Old Mar 23, 2014, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by Shanye2233
I booked the penthouse at a IC for quiet a large amount of money and I checked thoughly the other site before hand. Once I booked and submitted the claim I was positive that there's no way they can deny it .

However what happened was once I booked that room and being the only one in the hotel then it was not longer available on the third party site . So I got the reply unfortunately we can't honour the best rate on this occasion .

So based on this information how can the Brg be extended to a room of only one. Because once you book it the property appears to be sold out of this room type. End reason is quiet a large bill !
Yes, if there is only one room available in that particular room category, you can not BRG it as when IHG goes to verify they lower rate it will not be available.

Originally Posted by just2010just
Have a verified case a week ago. The rate has not been adjusted. Is it OK to contact the hotel directly to push for the case?
Why would you want them to adjust the rate????? Once the BRG gets approved, if the hotel still charges you IHG will cut you a check for the amount charged. Also if you get reimbursed for the rate, then you will also get points and stay credit. (IHG reserves the right to go in take away said points and stay credit, but they rarely do so)
Old Mar 23, 2014, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by colpuck
Yes, if there is only one room available in that particular room category, you can not BRG it as when IHG goes to verify they lower rate it will not be available.

Why would you want them to adjust the rate????? Once the BRG gets approved, if the hotel still charges you IHG will cut you a check for the amount charged. Also if you get reimbursed for the rate, then you will also get points and stay credit. (IHG reserves the right to go in take away said points and stay credit, but they rarely do so)
It always feels better to not pay. I'm risk averse.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
I have a question, which I'm sure is answered somewhere (but not in the last 20 pages!)

My other half has just had a BRG accepted, which is great (and a surprise!). The "problem" is that we need the stay to count for the Big Win.

The stay is three nights, of which the first will be free and the 2nd and 3rd will be reduced in price by ~20%.

So my question is how many qualifying nights will post for BW purposes? And how certain is that outcome?
Old Mar 24, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by essexadventurer
I have a question, which I'm sure is answered somewhere (but not in the last 20 pages!)

My other half has just had a BRG accepted, which is great (and a surprise!). The "problem" is that we need the stay to count for the Big Win.

The stay is three nights, of which the first will be free and the 2nd and 3rd will be reduced in price by ~20%.

So my question is how many qualifying nights will post for BW purposes? And how certain is that outcome?
The first night will not count (as you are not paying for it). The 2nd and 3rd nights should count.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Thanks - good news! Was worried we might not get any nights credit!
Old Mar 27, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: Eurobonus EBD, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
This is my first attempt on IHG BRG.
I have found a case for BRG but the rate on the IHG site is non-refundable whereas the rate on the compared site is refundable at least a few days.

What should I do?
If I book the non-refundable rate on IHG.com and they refute my claim, I'm stuck with that room, I'm only staying for one night and would like to get the night for free or book another hotell since the price is too much to get stuck with, (if I get it working I will share the dates and location here).

Should I book the room on the 3rd party site and claim it afterwards (free cancellation on 3rd party and not on IHG)? Or can I book the IHG room as Best Flex Rate even if I want to compare the advanced purchased rate with the 3rd party site?
Any pointers?
Old Mar 27, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, CX G, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott TTN
BRG Site - Houston We Got A Problem

I was trying to submit some BRGs last night and one of them went through, but about 30 minutes later this problem cropped up. Any idea how to get IHG to fix this (so I can do it within my 24 hour period)?

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED thanks to @Amyrlin
--------------

HTTP Status 500 - URLDecoder: Illegal hex characters in escape (%) pattern - For input string: " o"

type Exception report

message URLDecoder: Illegal hex characters in escape (%) pattern - For input string: " o"

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URLDecoder: Illegal hex characters in escape (%) pattern - For input string: " o"
java.net.URLDecoder.decode(URLDecoder.java:192)
com.ihg.commons.filter.XSSDetectionHelper.complete lyUrlDecode(XSSDetectionHelper.java:158)
com.ihg.commons.filter.XSSDetectionHelper.checkPar ameterValues(XSSDetectionHelper.java:110)
com.ihg.commons.filter.XSSDetectionHelper.checkPar ameters(XSSDetectionHelper.java:94)
com.ihg.commons.filter.XSSDetectionHelper.detect(X SSDetectionHelper.java:187)
com.ihg.commons.filter.XSSFilter.doFilter(XSSFilte r.java:65)
note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the VMware vFabric tc Runtime 2.9.3.RELEASE/7.0.42.A.RELEASE logs.

Last edited by cjwong88; Mar 27, 2014 at 10:29 am
Old Mar 27, 2014, 10:09 am

@cjwong88 - you are doing too many :-)
Old Mar 27, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
It looks like somewhere in the text you used the character %. The form cannot handle that.

I had to work that out for myself, IHG were useless.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, CX G, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott TTN
Originally Posted by Amyrlin
It looks like somewhere in the text you used the character %. The form cannot handle that.

I had to work that out for myself, IHG were useless.
Duh...okay thanks a lot! It went through.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 1:03 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by jumbooze
This is my first attempt on IHG BRG.
I have found a case for BRG but the rate on the IHG site is non-refundable whereas the rate on the compared site is refundable at least a few days.

What should I do?
If I book the non-refundable rate on IHG.com and they refute my claim, I'm stuck with that room, I'm only staying for one night and would like to get the night for free or book another hotell since the price is too much to get stuck with, (if I get it working I will share the dates and location here).

Should I book the room on the 3rd party site and claim it afterwards (free cancellation on 3rd party and not on IHG)? Or can I book the IHG room as Best Flex Rate even if I want to compare the advanced purchased rate with the 3rd party site?
Any pointers?
Well, if your not prepared to pay the price of the room if it fails Id suggest you do not BRG an advanced rate because as you say you will be "stuck" with the room.

You can only compare IHG best flex rate against 3rd party advanced rate IF the best flex is the only rate left on IHG website (the last 7 days of booking usually)
Old Mar 28, 2014, 1:02 am

Can anyone tell me the definition of the word "household" in the BRG T&C? I booked a room on my name with my girlfriend as second person and also a room on my girlfriends name with me as second person. We live in different cities, we aren't goverment registred with the same address. German definition of Household is absolutly clear, it means two persons are living together and goverment registred in one flat/house. IHG definition seems to be different:

Thank you for contacting our office regarding our Best Price Guarantee in reference to rates at the Holiday Inn Express Hamburg City Centre. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this matter.

We were shown that you already have a valid claim at Holiday Inn Hamburg ... under ... which is within the 7 day and 50 miles period. The mentioned valid claim was under the name of Mr. ..., which you are the secondary guest of.

As per terms of our program, Additional Free Night Restrictions. Once a valid claim has been made and approved by IHG for a specific date, no further claims by the same person or anyone in the same household will be accepted for the same date. If an individual or members of the same household make multiple claims for two or more nights in the same seven (7) day period at the same IHG hotel or at different IHG hotels within fifty (50) miles of each other, the claims will be treated as, and limited to, one claim for one stay, even if booked through more than one reservation, and only the Best Price Guarantee claim for the first night will be honored. In the event of a valid claim, reservations are non-transferable after the claim is found to be valid, and the name on the reservation must remain the same as when the claim is verified and no additional names may be added to the reservation after the claim is found to be valid. Valid government issued ID is required upon check-in that matches the name found on the reservation. Employees of any IHG company or employees at any IHG hotel are not eligible for the Best Price Guarantee.

Please know that our verification process is executed only in accordance with the Terms & Condition of the program. Rest assured that as long as the conditions of the guarantee are met, we keep our promise of providing you with a free night. However, we do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced as a result of this concern.

Given the aforementioned premises, it is with regret to inform you that we will not be able to extend the Guarantee to this particular claim.

Should you have further questions regarding the specific terms and conditions of the program you may visit www.ihg.com/bestprice.

We look forward to accommodating your upcoming reservation. If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us.
I answered, that we don't live in the same household and even if we would do so they have to accept the claim, modify the IHG rate to the lower rate I found and just denied the second free night. But no answer from BRG desk anymore. I wrote to IHGCare, look how they answered:

Hope this email finds you well.

As quoted on our Terms and Conditions, IHG reserves the right to modify, restrict availability, or discontinue the Best Price Guarantee and to make changes to these Terms and Conditions, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to you. The IHG Best Price Guarantee Terms and Conditions that are in effect at the time of your booking will determine your eligibility under the Best Price Guarantee. At any time up to the date of stay, IHG reserves the right to revoke any and all benefits of a Guarantee (including the right to cancel a previously awarded free night and the lower prices for the rest of the nights of a multi-night reservation if it is found that a customer has attempted to or has violated or circumvented the Best Price Guarantee Terms & Conditions.

Please be advised that this decision is final and no further actions will be accommodated. Should you have further questions regarding the specific terms and conditions of the program you may visit http://www.ihg.com/bestprice.

We know that this can be frustrating on your part but please be informed that the outcome of this validation we made was attained from an appropriate premise. If we can be of any other assistance to you, please feel free to contact us.
I asked them how it's relevant for my claim that they have the right to modify the T&C. No anwer from BRG Desk and IHGCare. I asked at Facebook for a explanation for the word "Household". They deleted my post and banned me from their Facebook Page. I asked them for contact details of IHG Managment, but they just ignore my Emails now.
In my opinion we haven't done anything against the T&C, household is a clear definition. Anyone have contact details for some instance above IHGCare and BRG Desk?
Old Mar 28, 2014, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by 31570324
Can anyone tell me the definition of the word "household" in the BRG T&C? I booked a room on my name with my girlfriend as second person and also a room on my girlfriends name with me as second person. We live in different cities, we aren't goverment registred with the same address. German definition of Household is absolutly clear, it means two persons are living together and goverment registred in one flat/house. IHG definition seems to be different:

I answered, that we don't live in the same household and even if we would do so they have to accept the claim, modify the IHG rate to the lower rate I found and just denied the second free night. But no answer from BRG desk anymore. I wrote to IHGCare, look how they answered:

I asked them how it's relevant for my claim that they have the right to modify the T&C. No anwer from BRG Desk and IHGCare. I asked at Facebook for a explanation for the word "Household". They deleted my post and banned me from their Facebook Page. I asked them for contact details of IHG Managment, but they just ignore my Emails now.
In my opinion we haven't done anything against the T&C, household is a clear definition. Anyone have contact details for some instance above IHGCare and BRG Desk?
Your claims are against their T&C, you're the 2nd guest for the reservation under your gf's name within 7 days in the same city, this is not allowed. Whether you and your gf are considered to be in the same household is not important in your case.

In short, your name is not allowed to appear on more than 1 BRG claim stay within 7days in a same city (or within 50miles range) no matter you are the primary guest or the 2nd guest.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Your claims are against their T&C
Can you show me this in the T&C, please? BRG Desk just refer to the Household thing, and this would be something different.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
This is not about household. This is about that you stay at the same hotel free within a week. I know about a household definition. I know their T&C doesn’t state clearly about that but that’s how it’s interpreted. You are lucky that they don’t close down your account or banning you fom future BRG.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.