Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Old May 1, 2014, 2:10 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
The BPG team says a lot of things and are inconsistent from one person to another. Half the time, the e-mails with the rules they send are from out of date T&Cs. All that matters is what's posted on the website.

Many hotels can't see the original booking once it's been altered. From what I was told, the only trail they can see is the original booking price. When the "comp" is layered onto the rate, it removes all traces/history of what "package" was booked, but keeps a log of the initial cost at which the room was booked at .

Regardless, it's not a big issue for me. I'm getting the room for free...I really don't mind if the breakfast is removed. At that point, I'm just getting greedy. $12 for a breakfast after a $150-$200 room has been comped is an amazing deal.
Yes but you can use the email or response as a reference since the T&Cs are so vague.
Old May 1, 2014, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by mitpat474
Best flex?
As a follow up poster stated, difficult to match Amoma's (or in fact quite a lot of OTAs) cancellation policy to IHG's.

So the rates I was quoting were in fact to match Amoma's rate (which has a cancellation policy - ie. you would get something back if you cancelled) against the IHG AP rate.

My question was really asking whether anyone has had Amoma turned down for any other reason - e.g. lack of instant confirmation? or any other reason that IHG might use?
Old May 1, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Originally Posted by traveldealexpert
How many times is "everytime"? Multiple hotels?

I just got back from a trip to London, Paris, and Washington D.C. All three IHG hotels gave breakfast since the original rate included breakfast. There is definitely a record of a breakfast inclusive rate in their system. The hotel has more info than you can view on m.ihg.com.
Correct!
Old May 1, 2014, 10:05 pm

A couple of quick questions for all you BPG experts:

For a weekend stay, IHG lists a rate as "Weekender Special" and includes breakfast for a standard (classic room). The comparison OTA has no such fancy rate label and simply offers a standard (classic room) including breakfast at a lower rate. Is IHG likely to quibble about the rate names being different?

Next, for a particular hotel, an OTA displays FIVE different rates for the same room type and same inclusions. The lowest of these is of course much lower than the IHG rate. The other four rates are higher. How is the IHG BRG team likely to handle this one?

Thanks for sharing!
Old May 2, 2014, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by golmaale
Next, for a particular hotel, an OTA displays FIVE different rates for the same room type and same inclusions. The lowest of these is of course much lower than the IHG rate. The other four rates are higher. How is the IHG BRG team likely to handle this one?

Thanks for sharing!
Do they have same cancellation policy? If everything is the same, then you should be ok.
Old May 2, 2014, 1:26 am

I am really surprised at the % of my BRG's as of late that are not adjusted. Only 3 out of 8 of my recent ones were adjusted, is this normal? I think IHG is trying to tell me something.
Old May 2, 2014, 2:08 am

My last BRG took 3 days to be approved. I have another claim which I know will be successful but I have decided not to claim. It would have resulted in 300 spent on an advance purchase rate for a 2 night stay and then wait for 3 days hoping the 3rd party site doesnt change their rate. So I have decided to stay elsewhere - across the road in fact - where it's 75 per night. It's not Holiday Inn but reviews are ok.
Old May 2, 2014, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by lfc84
My last BRG took 3 days to be approved. I have another claim which I know will be successful but I have decided not to claim. It would have resulted in 300 spent on an advance purchase rate for a 2 night stay and then wait for 3 days hoping the 3rd party site doesnt change their rate. So I have decided to stay elsewhere - across the road in fact - where it's 75 per night. It's not Holiday Inn but reviews are ok.
It took 3 days for a reply?
Old May 2, 2014, 2:18 am

It took 3 days for a reply?
Correct.

My last claim was January, but posts 5719 and 5722 from a few days ago indicate this has not changed for some and I'm not willing to wait
Old May 2, 2014, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by lfc84
Correct.

My last claim was January, but posts 5719 and 5722 from a few days ago indicate this has not changed for some and I'm not willing to wait
oh so you speak of the claim back in january, a couple of weeks ago they were responding in 6-8 hours
Old May 2, 2014, 5:06 am

oh so you speak of the claim back in january, a couple of weeks ago they were responding in 6-8 hours
for example

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22749251-post5719.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22747458-post5714.html
Old May 2, 2014, 5:11 am

Yes I understand, but there was a point between January and mid April where they responded within a good time frame.
Old May 2, 2014, 10:38 am

Just submitted my first claim...IHG had double deluxe for 469 at the intercon times aquare..amoma.com had it for 460..

hope that it works. Can i call in to expedite or do i have to wait till they respond?
Old May 2, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, CX G, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott TTN
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Just submitted my first claim...IHG had double deluxe for 469 at the intercon times aquare..amoma.com had it for 460..

hope that it works. Can i call in to expedite or do i have to wait till they respond?
Amoma charges in Euro so your claim will be denied - so hopefully you booked a refundable rate. If you did not, I suggest finding another website that charges in USD at a lower rate and file another claim immediately...
Old May 2, 2014, 1:42 pm

Just to be clear, can I apply for BRG if I book a room with a refundable rate, even though there is a lower non-refundable rate? For example, the lowest non-refundable rate is $100 and the lowest refundable rate is $110. If I book the $110 refundable rate and a 3rd party website has a refundable rate of $103, will this work?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.