Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Old Feb 24, 2014, 7:16 am
  #5551  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SIN
Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Posts: 6,821
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by johhenrik
If you book club, you will of course get club access, no matter what they upgrade you to.
Thanks for the info, my first time booking a club room and got BPG approved (first time as well).
lcpteck is offline  
Old Feb 24, 2014, 7:53 am
  #5552  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: N/A
Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Posts: 1,456
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Thanks for the info, my first time booking a club room and got BPG approved (first time as well).
Congrats, you are entitled to a guaranteed upgrade as per your Amb membership, BRG stays make no difference to benefits received (or should not!).
mitpat474 is offline  
Old Feb 24, 2014, 8:19 am
  #5553  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Programs: IC Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, HH Diamond
Posts: 315
Just got a BPG approved as well - first one in a long time. I did however reserve a club room on which I also submitted the BRG. My reservation now shows on IHG mobile that my room rate has been adjusted to House Comp - unfortunately I can see that my room as also been adjusted to "2 bed standard room".

Does this happen often? And would you contact the BRG desk/Platinum/ Ambassador desk to have them sort it out before arrival or rather discuss it with the hotel on arrival?
Mora is offline  
Old Feb 24, 2014, 9:53 am
  #5554  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: N/A
Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Posts: 1,456
Originally Posted by Mora
Just got a BPG approved as well - first one in a long time. I did however reserve a club room on which I also submitted the BRG. My reservation now shows on IHG mobile that my room rate has been adjusted to House Comp - unfortunately I can see that my room as also been adjusted to "2 bed standard room".

Does this happen often? And would you contact the BRG desk/Platinum/ Ambassador desk to have them sort it out before arrival or rather discuss it with the hotel on arrival?
You can email the hotel but I think youll be fine, you have your original confirmation so shouldn't be an issue.
mitpat474 is offline  
Old Feb 24, 2014, 4:31 pm
  #5555  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 289
Originally Posted by aussielori
the 1.5% is added at checkout IF you pay with CC. many people pay cash so this should never come into the equation!
The 1.5% is included in the estimated total price on IHG.com. That is why IHG will appear to be higher than other competing websites such as Expedia.

For example the Holiday Inn has a nightly rate of $171...but the total price is $173.57 on IHG.com.
traveldealexpert is offline  
Old Feb 27, 2014, 6:51 pm
  #5556  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SYD
Programs: VA plat EY G+ RA Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 84
I just was knocked back for a price match on www.easytobook.com where the price was the same as IHG but they said "we will pay for you 39.02"
so the price was $9 per day less -total. but they kncked it back.
is this a legit claim or as they have the same base price without the "we will pay" they can knock it back
OZJET is offline  
Old Mar 1, 2014, 1:22 pm
  #5557  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2
Looking to book my first IHG BPM Claim. I found the room on hotelopia.com for $213.49 while Holiday Inn is $219.00 for a standard double non refundable. Hotelopia list the room as a 1 double standard and the Holiday Inn website just has a Standard room or a two Queen Bed Standard. What room should i pick?

Final price difference for two night is $490.56 to $426.98.

Will they price match Hotelopia?
bbova is offline  
Old Mar 2, 2014, 6:11 am
  #5558  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1
Hi I am looking to make my first claim and would like someone to have a quick look over it first before I go ahead.

Holiday Inn Express - Chingford, London

On the holiday in express website its 91

I have found it on amoma.com for 58

Both say twin room

Thanks
mdhayter is offline  
Old Mar 2, 2014, 1:35 pm
  #5559  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2
Easyclicktravel.com also has the room for $179.00 and with talks of a cs rep they said its a instant confirmation ( but there sites does not state that). Are either this site or hotelopia vaild sites for IHG BRG?
bbova is offline  
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:50 am
  #5560  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Plat, PC Plat ambassador, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, UA Gold BW Diamond
Posts: 31
aroma.com - Currency issues

Originally Posted by mdhayter
Hi I am looking to make my first claim and would like someone to have a quick look over it first before I go ahead.

Holiday Inn Express - Chingford, London

On the holiday in express website its 91

I have found it on amoma.com for 58

Both say twin room

Thanks
I just had my aroma.com claim denied. Aroma's US website of course quotes dollars, but the fine print in their terms and conditions says I would be billed in Euros, and the IHG rep said that invalidates it. In my case it is a $87 rate on Aroma and a $120 rate on IHG. I look forward to seeing what they say to you.
bsalts is offline  
Old Mar 4, 2014, 12:40 am
  #5561  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SYD
Programs: VA plat EY G+ RA Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 84
IHG also said that they dont accept www.hoteltravel.com as you have to sign in to book. is that correct?
OZJET is offline  
Old Mar 4, 2014, 12:45 pm
  #5562  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego
Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Posts: 623
I used to love HI BRG before they got rid of the phoning in for BRG. I used to get instant confirmation yes or no. Now we have to wait upto three business days? That is nuts. Then have to match exactly including cancellation times? More nuts. However, everything has lined up and I actually found a hotel everything being the same and submitted the BRG. Hopefully, it will not take the full three business days for them to look it up as the lower price will probably be gone by then.

My question is seriously?? Does it actually take three business days for them to respond?
kaaria is offline  
Old Mar 4, 2014, 12:56 pm
  #5563  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: N/A
Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Posts: 1,456
Originally Posted by kaaria
I used to love HI BRG before they got rid of the phoning in for BRG. I used to get instant confirmation yes or no. Now we have to wait upto three business days? That is nuts. Then have to match exactly including cancellation times? More nuts. However, everything has lined up and I actually found a hotel everything being the same and submitted the BRG. Hopefully, it will not take the full three business days for them to look it up as the lower price will probably be gone by then.

My question is seriously?? Does it actually take three business days for them to respond?


erm quite simply at this moment in time .....no.

Recently they have been responding with a lead time of 3-5 hours.
mitpat474 is offline  
Old Mar 4, 2014, 3:09 pm
  #5564  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: London
Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Posts: 17,180
Originally Posted by kaaria

My question is seriously?? Does it actually take three business days for them to respond?
No. My last one came through overnight.
IAN-UK is offline  
Old Mar 4, 2014, 4:20 pm
  #5565  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 289
Originally Posted by kaaria
I used to love HI BRG before they got rid of the phoning in for BRG. I used to get instant confirmation yes or no. Now we have to wait upto three business days? That is nuts. Then have to match exactly including cancellation times? More nuts. However, everything has lined up and I actually found a hotel everything being the same and submitted the BRG. Hopefully, it will not take the full three business days for them to look it up as the lower price will probably be gone by then.

My question is seriously?? Does it actually take three business days for them to respond?
My claim from yesterday was approved within 10 hours.
traveldealexpert is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.