Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rusell
If you got an email...that's all you need. Just show it to the hotel when you check-in.
Thanks. IHG sent me another email telling me they're trying to contact the responsible person at the hotel. They said that if they're unsuccessful in doing so, pay for the room and they'll write a check to me. I recall previously reading "up thread" that IHG is pretty good about sending out checks. There are no instructions in the email on how I get the check. Do I have to submit something, or is it just automatically processed?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 9:10 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by iahphx
Thanks. IHG sent me another email telling me they're trying to contact the responsible person at the hotel. They said that if they're unsuccessful in doing so, pay for the room and they'll write a check to me. I recall previously reading "up thread" that IHG is pretty good about sending out checks. There are no instructions in the email on how I get the check. Do I have to submit something, or is it just automatically processed?
Personally I would get the hotel comp the room with the email that you have as cheques and refunds take time to process.

IHG will send you information after you checked-out then send you out the check or wire transfer.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hertz Prez's Circle
NYC Area Hotels- Consistent Reimbursement

Does anyone know which NYC area hotels have been know to consistently NOT comp the rate, thus causing the BRG department to issue a reimbursement check to the guest? Please private message me with this info, and I can also provide similar info from my experience.

I ask because I still need a few Saturday night hits for the Big Win promotion, and a stay that will get reimbursed (and thus is likely to qualify) would be a great way to get there.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 6:16 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Does anyone have any Thailand Website OTA's please PM me.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yarhead
Does anyone know which NYC area hotels have been know to consistently NOT comp the rate, thus causing the BRG department to issue a reimbursement check to the guest? Please private message me with this info, and I can also provide similar info from my experience.

I ask because I still need a few Saturday night hits for the Big Win promotion, and a stay that will get reimbursed (and thus is likely to qualify) would be a great way to get there.
Well, I wondered about that. If you have to be reimbursed, does IHG take away your stay credit and related promo points?

If they don't, given the lucrative nature of some IHG Rewards codes, maybe you're better off waiting for the check than having the room automatically comped.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 1:21 pm

i've filed a claim earlier this evening for an arrival in 19 hours time. being in the uk its already quite late. is there a phone number?
Old Nov 21, 2013, 3:33 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by lfc84
i've filed a claim earlier this evening for an arrival in 19 hours time. being in the uk its already quite late. is there a phone number?
You only had to look back to post #4948 to answer your own question,
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21812392-post4948.html
Old Nov 22, 2013, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
New to BRGs

Hi, I'm new to this. I've read the FAQs on their site as well as the Wiki above. Must the room be booked prior to submitting a claim? I have found a competing rate at a hotel that *should* qualify but I don't wish to book the hotel unless the BRG is applied. I would just assume stay elsewhere. Yet the rate is non-refundable.

Any recourse?
Old Nov 22, 2013, 5:09 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by FederalFlyer
Hi, I'm new to this. I've read the FAQs on their site as well as the Wiki above. Must the room be booked prior to submitting a claim? I have found a competing rate at a hotel that *should* qualify but I don't wish to book the hotel unless the BRG is applied. I would just assume stay elsewhere. Yet the rate is non-refundable.

Any recourse?
That's the catch: you book a non-refundable room, hope to apply the BRG, then IHG tries to wiggle out of their promise on what often seem to be mere technicalities, laving you stuck with a non-refundable reservation for a room you could have booked cheaper elsewhere.

HTB.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 5:55 am
Suspended

Programs: PC Plat, HH Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold
Whats the current time frame for BPG team to response?
Old Nov 23, 2013, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by kaell
Whats the current time frame for BPG team to response?
I filed two claims last Sunday @11PM PT. Two denials received by 4PM PT on Monday.

This is a holiday week, so I wouldn't expect any replies until December for claims submitted after 5PM on Tuesday. You might luck out, but I wouldn't count on it.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by RobertTheTraveler

This is a holiday week, so I wouldn't expect any replies until December for claims submitted after 5PM on Tuesday. You might luck out, but I wouldn't count on it.
The claims are handled from the Philippines and not from the US.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 8:18 am

Member Exclusive Saving rate

Hi guys, anyone has any experience claiming a BRG by reserving a room without booking the lower 'Member exclusive rate' (without quoting my IHG number on the reservation?

Eg :
IHG rate
Adv purchase Member exclusive saving rate : 110 euro/night
Adv purchase : 130 euro/night

Third Party website rate
Adv purchase : 120euro/night

Anyone tried to book the 130 euro rate and claim the BRG?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:58 pm

Filled in a BRG for a hotel in Paris. Found it on IHG for 264 & other site 244. Went to check it again an half an hour ago and it was changed on IHG site to 244 as well :-) Haven't gotten an e-mail back yet but since they did change the price too I think I'm in luck to get a free night
Old Nov 24, 2013, 7:51 pm

Has anybody done a BRG where the competing OTA has a price that's all tax inclusive, and compared to to IHG's rate which was more only when all taxes were included as well. (i.e. Holiday Inn San Antonio is $98+10 tax, versus an OTA who only provides one rate of $100 which is inclusive of all fees/taxes, which is still better than IHG's rate when all is said and done). The Terms and Conditions seem kind of non committal over situations like that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.