Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Old Dec 29, 2014, 1:19 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Another 3 rejections against a booking in London. All of which the rate mysteriously changed on the 3rd party website after I brought it to IHGs attention.

I hope someone somewhere prosecutes them for market price fixing, as it is now clear to me that the BRG scheme is just in place to "allegedly" get customers to patrol the web to do the work for IHG.

They approve I assume to a quota, anything beyond that is rejected and the 3rd party company contacted and wrists slapped.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 1:39 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by Geoggy
Another 3 rejections against a booking in London. All of which the rate mysteriously changed on the 3rd party website after I brought it to IHGs attention.

I hope someone somewhere prosecutes them for market price fixing, as it is now clear to me that the BRG scheme is just in place to "allegedly" get customers to patrol the web to do the work for IHG.

They approve I assume to a quota, anything beyond that is rejected and the 3rd party company contacted and wrists slapped.
I know it feels like that sometimes, but honestly I have around a 95% success rate. It might help yourself to send in 3-4 sites to compare with for the same booking?
Old Dec 29, 2014, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by mitpat474
I know it feels like that sometimes, but honestly I have around a 95% success rate. It might help yourself to send in 3-4 sites to compare with for the same booking?
Hi

how do you send in more than one site for one claim?, do you just add the others in the additional notes part?

thanks
Old Dec 30, 2014, 4:49 am

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by mgn2000
I got the reply below, it appears they have found a lower rate, but they are stalling in approving my claim.
I have never got such a reply. Either its been a rejection or approval. I will see whta happens. Has anyone else got such a reply ??
The cancellation period is better than IHG.

Dear Mr.XXXX,

Thank you for contacting our office regarding our Best Price Guarantee in reference to rates at the InterContinental XXXXXi,X. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this matter.

We are still researching the room accommodation you found on www.XXXXXXX.com. Once this has been verified and all terms and conditions have been met, you will receive confirmation from our office.
I got the above response over 60 hours ago. No word from IHG since.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 6:30 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mitpat474
I did send in 3 sites and all of them changed!

I used to have a similar success rate but not recently.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by smithyr4
Hi

how do you send in more than one site for one claim?, do you just add the others in the additional notes part?

thanks
send them individually, browser back button is a good tool here.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Geoggy
I did send in 3 sites and all of them changed!

I used to have a similar success rate but not recently.
maybe they all use the same travel provider? which changes globally.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:44 am

14 hours yesterday and just 4 hours today for a response!
Old Jan 2, 2015, 7:28 am

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Ooo la la 4 hrs tempting to go on a brg spree 😆
Old Jan 2, 2015, 8:22 am

but were they positive responses?
Old Jan 2, 2015, 10:13 am

I am having issues in having IHG honor their communication about BRG. I filed a form with IHG based on lower rate at amoma.com of $95.04 when IHG was offering average nightly rate of $196. Below is my from and IHG's response. I called customer service who confirmed that there is a note of $95.04 nightly rate. IHG sent me another response two days later saying that the nightly rate will be $184 so i called the customer service who mentioned that the note says nightly rate of $184 per night.

The guest service told me to file a claim after returning. I have exchanged some emails with IHG in the meantime and they are are insisting on the $184 nightly rate. Based on the communication below, I think IHG clearly communicated to me that "the lower rate" will be $95.04 per night.

What do you guys think? First, am I correct in my assertion? If yes, what is the best way to pursue this further? Thank you.

IHG FORM @:-)@:-)@:-)@:-)

Confirmation Number: 6xxxxxxxx

Name:

Priority Club Rewards Number:

Hotel Name: InterContinental Buenos Aires

Number of Nights: 5

Room Type: Standard Room Nonsmoking

Number of Guests: 2

Special Terms: breakfast

InterContinental Hotels Group Website Rate: 196

Lower Rate: 95.04

Web site address where lower rate was found: http://www.amoma.com/

Date(s) to which lower rates apply: Dec-25-2014 to Dec-30-2014

Email:

Daytime Phone:

Evening Phone:

Comment:
"IHG has different rates for every night of $203, $192, $186, $192 and $206 for the five nights which averages of &196 per night.
Rates at IHG and Amoma include breakfast for two guests. "

IHG RESPONSE @:-)@:-)@:-)@:-)

Dear MR. xxxx

Thank you for contacting our office regarding the Best Price Guarantee in reference to rates at the InterContinental Buenos Aires. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this matter.

We have verified the lower rate you found on www.amoma.com. We are working on the best way to adjust your reservation to a 1st night FREE and succeeding nights rate matched. We appreciate your patience and will contact you via email once this has been confirmed.

One free night will be given to the guest per stay and for connecting reservations made by the guest or his household members at IHG hotels within 50 miles of each other. The reservation should remain unchanged once the claim qualified. Primary guest is required to present a valid government ID upon arrival.

We look forward to accommodating your upcoming reservation. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us via e-mail at [email protected].

Best Regards,

Best Price Guarantee Helpdesk
IHG
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by lfc84
but were they positive responses?
They weren't. I then did a few more and the response times were under an hour! One of them got accepted.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:17 pm

I'm having no luck in London these days. If anyone could give me a point in the right direction I would be grateful
Old Jan 4, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by mgn2000
I got the reply below, it appears they have found a lower rate, but they are stalling in approving my claim.
I have never got such a reply. Either its been a rejection or approval. I will see whta happens. Has anyone else got such a reply ??
The cancellation period is better than IHG.

Dear Mr.XXXX,

Thank you for contacting our office regarding our Best Price Guarantee in reference to rates at the InterContinental XXXXXi,X. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this matter.

We are still researching the room accommodation you found on www.XXXXXXX.com. Once this has been verified and all terms and conditions have been met, you will receive confirmation from our office.
I got the above response on Dec 27. Now it is January 4, no further communication from IHG.
Has this ever happened to someone else ?? At this stage I am not expecting a BRG approval. The competing website is still cheaper . Maybe the BRG Team wants to approve but the Hotel in question is balking ??
Old Jan 5, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Anyone have luck with price guarantee in HK?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.