Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2022, 4:10 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by LeisureOnlyMSP
Anyone with recent D1 flights from CDG? What's on the menu?

They'll email you a menu a week ahead.
Old May 7, 2022, 7:42 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Current menus are also online:
https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/cdg-atl/
​​​​​​
Edit the URL for whatever city pair.
Old May 7, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
Still Insultingly Bad

Flew Delta 1 r/t SFO-JFK-SFO. I thought that things would be better than the tragically vile boxes that were served last year--which combined uninspired cold food with self congratulatory messages about safety and touch points. In some ways the lunch served JFK-SFO was even worse than the awful boxes. It was fake meatballs. First, serving fake beef gets zero points. Memo to Delta: I don't buy an expensive ticket to indulge myself in virtue signaling. Fake beef on your plane won't save the planet and is completely inappropriate when there is no real beef being offered. To be honest, the canned food I give my two dogs is better than the Impossible slop. Then we get to the bad service. No nuts or other snacks offered with drinks. No menus. No wine list. The meal served all at once so that if one easts the pitifully small salad first, the dog food will get cold. Frankly the only thing that was half way decent on this round trip was the Sky Club in SFO. Oh and I forgot the self congratulatory messages on the so called amenity kit that did not even offer socks. What a disgrace all around.
bubbashow, Aloha1 and DCAhome like this.
Old May 7, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by sfoeuroflyer
Flew Delta 1 r/t SFO-JFK-SFO. I thought that things would be better than the tragically vile boxes that were served last year--which combined uninspired cold food with self congratulatory messages about safety and touch points. In some ways the lunch served JFK-SFO was even worse than the awful boxes. It was fake meatballs. First, serving fake beef gets zero points. Memo to Delta: I don't buy an expensive ticket to indulge myself in virtue signaling. Fake beef on your plane won't save the planet and is completely inappropriate when there is no real beef being offered. To be honest, the canned food I give my two dogs is better than the Impossible slop. Then we get to the bad service. No nuts or other snacks offered with drinks. No menus. No wine list. The meal served all at once so that if one easts the pitifully small salad first, the dog food will get cold. Frankly the only thing that was half way decent on this round trip was the Sky Club in SFO. Oh and I forgot the self congratulatory messages on the so called amenity kit that did not even offer socks. What a disgrace all around.
A couple points:
-Certainly there was at least one actual meat option.
-The market has shown many people like plant-based meats. Even meat eaters.
Old May 7, 2022, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Good thing you can fly AS, AA, UA or B6 for the next trip!

As I don't know what brand of canned food you feed your dogs, I can't compare it to the DL "meat"balls, but I do find that dish tasty enough. And plenty of people avoid beef for reasons other than virtue signaling. That said, I wish DL would return to a multi-course service on the route. I found my last crew to be quite pleasant.

I also wonder why one is concerned about the dog food getting cold if it was too gross to eat in the first place. Also, I do recall that one is offered five, yes five, meal choices if ordering in advance. So while the current service isn't ideal, it is ok enough for the time being, and could be a lot worse.
hhdl, dtwlarry and Mhyduchak like this.
Old May 7, 2022, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Good thing you can fly AS, AA, UA or B6 for the next trip!

As I don't know what brand of canned food you feed your dogs, I can't compare it to the DL "meat"balls, but I do find that dish tasty enough. And plenty of people avoid beef for reasons other than virtue signaling. That said, I wish DL would return to a multi-course service on the route. I found my last crew to be quite pleasant.

I also wonder why one is concerned about the dog food getting cold if it was too gross to eat in the first place. Also, I do recall that one is offered five, yes five, meal choices if ordering in advance. So while the current service isn't ideal, it is ok enough for the time being, and could be a lot worse.
I wish the gargantuan balls were more bite sized.
basecamp likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 11:01 am

Programs: Delta
This is a curious reaction, since you obviously received the pre-order menu (you posted a question about it in this thread). Why would you order the vegetarian selection if it so offends your sensibilities?
Old May 7, 2022, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I was under the impression DL has shifted back to the normal service with drink/amuse bouche followed by salad/appetizer then main dish then dessert. I keep seeing friends online sharing that this week they received it all slapped down on one tray like a domestic service. Why is this still going on when mask requirements have been dropped? Wasn't that the "reason"? or is it something else now? The menus are pointless, no details on anything other than the main dish (not everyone can pre-order with last-minute flights or flight changes) and many people like to know what they're eating for every plate. FAs are often clueless. Cutting menus and shifting to the (almost) generic card with QR code is really sad. AA has full menu and wine lists, which is still nice.
Old May 7, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
Since we all know the food situation sucks, when are Pre-departure drinks coming back?
Old May 7, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold

Curried Chicken Salad on SLC-SAT. Other choices were mezze box or ham sandwich box.
Old May 7, 2022, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by DLASflyer

Curried Chicken Salad on SLC-SAT. Other choices were mezze box or ham sandwich box.
Had the same meal on my flight this week. Tasted good, but disappointed in portion size and no hot meals from SEA.
cmd320 and DLASflyer like this.
Old May 7, 2022, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
Several people have asked about rum -- as of last week, still no rum.

I'll also add to sandwich debate. At the beginning, I found the sandwiches generally edible. Several months in, though, they were more and more sloppily made and stored. The bread is frequently completely soaked, frozen, or in one case missing half. I now eat the salad option or the mezze plate... or decline. I actually think the mezze plate is fantastic. If it were on a plate, I would routinely order without complaint.

Also, add me to the list of those who have yet to see a hot meal back in F (except for an AA flight yesterday).
DLASflyer likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by gaugeguy
Since we all know the food situation sucks, when are Pre-departure drinks coming back?
JFK/SFO had Sham Pain served in real glass as a PDB. Haven't taken a non-D1 domestic flight in ages, but at least for the first time in 2+ years, they're bringing around this. (They've got a month to get their act together before my next short haul flight!)
Old May 7, 2022, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Ascii
Several people have asked about rum -- as of last week, still no rum.
).
Maybe DL is having difficulty finding rum that is a big enough "cause". Lately, food and beverage selections seem more about the story and cause than actual taste and quality.
Dawgfan6291 and cmd320 like this.
Old May 7, 2022, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium

ATL-LAX FEBO observed

LAX-LIH FEBO observed, meatballs were really good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.