Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old May 2, 22, 6:00 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Aeroplan Elite 75K
Originally Posted by fly747first View Post
Just flew AUS SLC in F. Only the dreaded boxes were available. The Flight Leader apologized for such poor meals considering the length of the flight and his service was consistently outstanding.
Has anyone seen a hot meal catered out of SLC since Covid? Seems to me the entire Newrest/Delta operation in SLC is cold boxes with the possible exception of Europe flights.
Old May 2, 22, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68 View Post
"considering the length of the flight"? It's barely long enough to qualify for meal service at all!

IDK what the big deal with the boxes is, they're just as good if not better than a lot of the "real" meals DL serves. Yall act like the normal stuff is Spago or something.
Will really disagree with you here. My "real" meals have been quite good. The boxes were sad, at best.
FLYPWM, NotHamSarnie and cmd320 like this.
Old May 2, 22, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DLASflyer View Post
Has anyone seen a hot meal catered out of SLC since Covid? Seems to me the entire Newrest/Delta operation in SLC is cold boxes with the possible exception of Europe flights.
SLC-BOS a couple weeks ago had what seems to be the "standard" dinner choices of short ribs, ravioli, or a cold chicken salad. Short ribs were solid, though not spectacular.
sspontak likes this.
Old May 2, 22, 8:25 pm

Another flight and another strange experience. SEA-ANC. Choices were cold chicken with superfood, a charcuterie plate that was instantly FEBO'd by the back row, and the only hot option which was Cauliflower. They also only had the economy snack basket with three choices.

Honestly the sad boxes were better than this.
Old May 2, 22, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by skislc View Post
SLC-BOS a couple weeks ago had what seems to be the "standard" dinner choices of short ribs, ravioli, or a cold chicken salad. Short ribs were solid, though not spectacular.
it’s been a year of short ribs. Time for something fresh.
Old May 3, 22, 6:31 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Reserve
Got my menu last night for my first time ever D1 flight, JFK to CDG.
Attached Images  
sspontak and Goodoldflyer like this.
Old May 3, 22, 6:48 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA (the airline)
Originally Posted by LadyWrites View Post
Got my menu last night for my first time ever D1 flight, JFK to CDG.
Me, too. A flight change, and the braised duck I was thinking of isn't available.

Has anyone had the fish mixed grill? Or the maccheroni al Pettine?
Old May 3, 22, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Minnyappleus View Post
Did you ever eat the boxed sandwich? It was honestly disgusting.
I have to wonder how you function in society if you can't eat a sandwich.
Old May 3, 22, 7:51 am

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer View Post
Me, too. A flight change, and the braised duck I was thinking of isn't available.

Has anyone had the fish mixed grill? Or the maccheroni al Pettine?
No first-hand experience as I haven't flown in J in years, but I would be wary of the mixed grill because there is a really fine line between swordfish being truly delightful and becoming an inedible piece of white shoe leather. There's a reason I don't make tuna or swordfish at home - I have no confidence in my ability to get them right, and I consider myself to be above average as a home cook (although certainly not a great chef by any means).
Dawgfan6291 likes this.
Old May 3, 22, 10:01 am

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Sorry for probably dumb question but I will be on a long haul Delta flight in 4 weeks from now (PRG - JFK on the restored DL211) and because I have never flown with Delta can you please summarize me what is the current service in the Main Cabin?
I mean if they provide paper menu for food/drinks; if you receive pillow/blanket; if you receive some sort of amenity kit; headphones etc. I have read some reviews and there were information that for example pillow+blanket is only in Comfort+ cabin and the paper menu were before covid but not now.
Thanks.
Old May 3, 22, 10:02 am

Programs: DL, UA, Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Cold boxes on LGA-XNA and back last week. Mezze bowl was actually quite tasty. The grain bowl was the only option left for me in row 4 on the return and it was truly awful. Dry, hardly any flavor, odd mix of ingredients (pistachios? a random orange slice?). Happy to get anything other than a Sad Box again on an 1100-mile CRJ flight, I guess.

Last edited by ohhleary; May 3, 22 at 10:29 am
Old May 3, 22, 10:30 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA (the airline)
Originally Posted by casey89 View Post
Sorry for probably dumb question but I will be on a long haul Delta flight in 4 weeks from now (PRG - JFK on the restored DL211) and because I have never flown with Delta can you please summarize me what is the current service in the Main Cabin?
I mean if they provide paper menu for food/drinks; if you receive pillow/blanket; if you receive some sort of amenity kit; headphones etc. I have read some reviews and there were information that for example pillow+blanket is only in Comfort+ cabin and the paper menu were before covid but not now.
Thanks.
They give you a verbal choice on meals in Main, they'll provide a blanket and pillow, some earbuds, a mask. To be especially sure, I'd bring anything I needed to be comfortable.

Last edited by Goodoldflyer; May 3, 22 at 12:01 pm
Old May 3, 22, 11:49 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, IHG
Originally Posted by casey89 View Post
Thanks.
We flew MSP-AMS in Main last summer. As mentioned, verbal menu options. There was a pillow and blanket at the seat. A small amenity package (earplugs + mask) was offered. There was a meal about 45 minutes after departure and a snack before landing. There were snacks and drinks available in the galley throughout the flight. FAs were there and willing to pour additional drinks, etc. It was a decently comfortable experience.
Old May 3, 22, 2:31 pm

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Thanks guys. Was hoping for the paper menu that I read was before covid even in Main Cabin, but what can you do. Thanks.
Old May 3, 22, 2:55 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, IHG
casey89 - The info on the seatback screens seems to be up to date with meal, snack, drink options for each cabin.

Search this Thread