Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: DL DM; AFKL FBE; ITA Exec
Originally Posted by jrmoore
Has anyone flown ATL-VEN D1 lately? I'm wondering if the catering on this route is back up to speed or not. Thanks for any info.
If by "VEN" you intend Venice (VCE/LIPZ), I can say that there is little substantive difference between that any any other D1 route as concerning food/beverages. I have had good and bad, typically depending upon the FA in charge, and seems to have the same menus as ex-MXP, FCO. Be aware that it is usually (always?) an old 763 route, so the hard product is quite lacking. At least, that is my opinion: some may like the -300, I prefer the -400 or any of the A330/350.
Old May 9, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by chrisny2
Oh come on...there's not a single brand on this list (upcoming CDG-ATL) that isn't from a big corporation:

ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES

Delta® Elevated H.A.Z.Y. IPA by SweetWater®
SweetWater® 420 Extra Pale Ale
Miller Lite®
Red Wine
White Wine
Champagne
Bacardí® Superior Rum
Baileys® Original Irish Cream
Bombay Sapphire® Gin
Courvoisier® V.S.O.P. Cognac
Grey Goose® Vodka
Jack Daniel's® Single Barrel Select Tennessee Whiskey
Jack Daniel's® Tennessee Whiskey
WhistlePig Old Fashioned
The Glenlivet® 12 Years of Age Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Woodford Reserve® Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Why was I given DuNord vodka along with a press release touting it and canned "sustainable" wine?
cmd320 likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by TATLTAIL
If by "VEN" you intend Venice (VCE/LIPZ), I can say that there is little substantive difference between that any any other D1 route as concerning food/beverages. I have had good and bad, typically depending upon the FA in charge, and seems to have the same menus as ex-MXP, FCO. Be aware that it is usually (always?) an old 763 route, so the hard product is quite lacking. At least, that is my opinion: some may like the -300, I prefer the -400 or any of the A330/350.
Yes, I did mean Venice, and thanks. I've been reading the "sad boxes" stories of dissatisfaction on here and was wondering if we should forage in the airport before hopping the plane. I carry glucose packs for emergencies but a tube of strawberry jelly isn't really sufficient for a 10-hour flight. 8-)

I've heard what you've said re: "the hard product" elsewhere. I can't sleep sitting up so I'm hoping it will at least be better than sitting back in the back. We're bouncing off of Amsterdam on the way home so I suspect (hope?) the return will be better. Thanks for your feedback.
Old May 9, 2022, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by jrmoore
Yes, I did mean Venice, and thanks. I've been reading the "sad boxes" stories of dissatisfaction on here and was wondering if we should forage in the airport before hopping the plane. I carry glucose packs for emergencies but a tube of strawberry jelly isn't really sufficient for a 10-hour flight. 8-)

I've heard what you've said re: "the hard product" elsewhere. I can't sleep sitting up so I'm hoping it will at least be better than sitting back in the back. We're bouncing off of Amsterdam on the way home so I suspect (hope?) the return will be better. Thanks for your feedback.
In domestic/short haul F

I don't think international long haul D1 ever got sad boxes
Old May 9, 2022, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
In domestic/short haul F

I don't think international long haul D1 ever got sad boxes
Thank you
Old May 10, 2022, 10:44 am

Had the Greek salad sad box on yesterday's flight. It was good. Everyone has learned to avoid the sandwich. The only option that was for the last row was sandwiches, so the FA went and found leftover meals from the inbound flight to offer instead, which everyone took instead of the sandwich. Also offered full PDB - YAY
NYC Flyer likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
Delta (and American/United) are having all kinds of issues with consistent catering. All of the caterers did a lot of cutting expecting COVID to last a lot longer than it did and it is taking a long time for them to hire and expand to cover everything.

I think I saw somewhere that American is going to bring some aspects of catering back in-house in their hubs to do all the issues they are having. Like a lot of other things, this is an industry wide issue that no one has a solution too.

I don't think a single station for a single US carrier has its stuff together if we are being honest but as said, they general rule seems to be that if they can't do proper catering on the out AND back, then no one is getting it.
Thanks for the further insight. Now you have me wondering about your comment "that if they can't do proper catering on the out AND back, then no one is getting it." Am I understanding that to mean that STT doesn't have a proper catering kitchen? I ask because even pre-COVID DL, UA, AA all had (and still have) 5+ hour flights from STT (DL STT-MSP, AA STT-ORD, UA STT-IAH). Did those flights not have hot meals in F then? Or does STT have a kitchen but they can't staff it? Just genuinely curious.
Old May 10, 2022, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Probably same as my AUA flight....excuse is they don't give meals unless BOTH the Destination & Arrival is able to cater. Ridiculous logic
Wow, I'm really surprised by AUA considering they have actual long international flights, one that comes to mind is KL's AUA-AMS flight, which I know is fully catered with hot meals. The fact DL uses the excuse AUA isn't able to cater is bs. Shame on DL!
Old May 10, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I am flying ATL-SNA this Thursday. I haven't gotten a meal selection e-mail, so I'm guessing it will be a meal box.

Departure time around 10:00 a.m. maybe at least it will be banana bread.

David
Old May 10, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Delta One menu for my SEA-ICN flight coming up:
MENU SELECTION

Please select Korean or Western menu

KOREAN MENU

Soup

Spinach Miso

Banchan

Kimchi, Spinach Egg Roll and Shrimp with pine nut dressing

Main Entrée

Wild Mushroom and Beef Bibimbap with gochujang, sesame oil and steamed rice

WESTERN MENU

We offer a Dine and Rest option in which your meal will be delivered at once, as a single service. Please inform your flight attendant if you prefer this option when making your entrée selection.

Soup

Celeriac Cream Soup

Salad

Maximalist Salad with Beecher's smoked cheddar dressing, smoked egg, steak sauce marinated tomatoes, crispy shallots and everything seasoning

Bread

Macrina Bakery Potato Roll with cultured Banner Butter

Banner Butter, a batch-churned, slow-cultured butter, is made with fresh cream from hormone-free, grass-fed cows with no added flavoring. We go big, but only in taste. Everything else is small, simple, and slow. Slow-cultured and batch-churned for flavor. Grass-fed, rBST-free, locally sourced cream. Cultured, churned, cut, and packaged in Atlanta, Georgia.

Please select one of the options below

Pan Roasted Free Range Chicken**

with fingerling potatoes, smoked bacon, caramelized Walla Walla onions and kimchi butter sauce

Cauliflower Cakes

with orzo, creamed spinach, roasted tomatoes and toasted hazelnuts

Pan Roasted Poulet Rouge

with fingerlings, local bacon, Walla Walla caramelized onions and kimchi butter

Cauliflower Cakes*

with Creamed Orzo Spinach and Roasted Tomatoes *vegetarian selection

Olive Oil Poached Red Snapper

with Beecher's clothbound cheddar dashi with mustard greens and local maitake and porcini mushrooms

Farro Risotto

with pumpkin, brussels sprouts, and toasted pine nuts

DESSERT

Opera Cake

Ice Cream Sundae

LIGHT BITES

Assortment of Sweet and Savory Snacks

PRE-ARRIVAL

Spicy Braised Beef

with bok choy, steamed rice and kimchi

Feta Chicken Apple Sausage Quiche

with grilled button mushrooms and home fried fingerling potatoes

Greek Yogurt

with ginger roasted Washington apples, toasted coconut, turmeric and toasted seeds
Old May 10, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by DiverDave
I am flying ATL-SNA this Thursday. I haven't gotten a meal selection e-mail, so I'm guessing it will be a meal box.

Departure time around 10:00 a.m. maybe at least it will be banana bread.

David
9:45 and later is lunch.
DiverDave likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Particularly sad box catered today by a poorly-resourced outstation called Hartsfield-Jackson. (ATL-YUL)

My neighbor had the same but hers was missing both dessert and utensils.
cmd320 likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 2:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by The Situation
Had the Greek salad sad box on yesterday's flight. It was good. Everyone has learned to avoid the sandwich. The only option that was for the last row was sandwiches, so the FA went and found leftover meals from the inbound flight to offer instead, which everyone took instead of the sandwich. Also offered full PDB - YAY
I quite like the Greek salad. I hope it doesn't go away.
Old May 10, 2022, 3:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Plat, HH
MUC-ATL

MUC-ATL: I’m stuffed with asparagus already so will try the pike perch. Similar pike perch has been offered out of Germany before and should be good…

Old May 10, 2022, 4:08 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Redeye OGG-LAX 5/1

Delicious teriyaki chicken. No other choice though other than a vegetarian dish. That cold rice with some peas and cucumber confused me.
sspontak and demkr like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.