FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition
Old May 7, 2022, 10:00 am
DLASflyer

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by sfoeuroflyer
Flew Delta 1 r/t SFO-JFK-SFO. I thought that things would be better than the tragically vile boxes that were served last year--which combined uninspired cold food with self congratulatory messages about safety and touch points. In some ways the lunch served JFK-SFO was even worse than the awful boxes. It was fake meatballs. First, serving fake beef gets zero points. Memo to Delta: I don't buy an expensive ticket to indulge myself in virtue signaling. Fake beef on your plane won't save the planet and is completely inappropriate when there is no real beef being offered. To be honest, the canned food I give my two dogs is better than the Impossible slop. Then we get to the bad service. No nuts or other snacks offered with drinks. No menus. No wine list. The meal served all at once so that if one easts the pitifully small salad first, the dog food will get cold. Frankly the only thing that was half way decent on this round trip was the Sky Club in SFO. Oh and I forgot the self congratulatory messages on the so called amenity kit that did not even offer socks. What a disgrace all around.
A couple points:
-Certainly there was at least one actual meat option.
-The market has shown many people like plant-based meats. Even meat eaters.