Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2022, 9:08 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by melissaaldric
There was a post awhile back about potential issues with catering/kitchens at TUS, ABQ and ELP. They are mentioned on the Delta Professional site.
The supposed problems must be much broader than that. I've flown 30 segments since March 1 and yet to encounter a single hot meal. All boxes all over the country.
NotHamSarnie and cmd320 like this.
Old May 5, 2022, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, UN Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cubachao
Hi,

First time flying on Delta since the pandemic. I booked Comfort+ from LAX to BNA ( 3 1/2 hrs) flight. what's complimentary premium snacks on Delta? a snack box? do they serve snacks at this stage?

Thank you in advance. I'm excited to back to flying again.
I'm curious if anyone has flown first on the LAX-BNA route recently? I have a flight schedule change and can now either go BNA-ATL-LAS or BNA-LAX-LAS. I can stick with ATL and hope for the new BBQ option or switch to LAX and check out the new club in T3...

(DTW-LAS and MSP-LAS are also options.)
Old May 5, 2022, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by jepiv
I'm curious if anyone has flown first on the LAX-BNA route recently? I have a flight schedule change and can now either go BNA-ATL-LAS or BNA-LAX-LAS. I can stick with ATL and hope for the new BBQ option or switch to LAX and check out the new club in T3...

(DTW-LAS and MSP-LAS are also options.)
BBQ is only on D1 flights ex-ATL, isn't it?
Old May 6, 2022, 8:34 am

First class preorder meal.

We’re flying out of IAH to MSP first class, we’re supposed to receive an email letting us preorder our meals. I’ve read that it would be a week to 3 days before departure yet I haven’t received anything. Our flight is on the 12th. Are they letting FC passengers preorder meals like they do for D1? What has been your experience?
Old May 6, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by JedThePilot
We’re flying out of IAH to MSP first class, we’re supposed to receive an email letting us preorder our meals. I’ve read that it would be a week to 3 days before departure yet I haven’t received anything. Our flight is on the 12th. Are they letting FC passengers preorder meals like they do for D1? What has been your experience?
Preorders are still not happening for most non-D1 flights, IME. Haven't gotten one since pre-covid for anything that wasn't an ex-BOS transcon or a D1 flight.
Old May 6, 2022, 8:48 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
The supposed problems must be much broader than that. I've flown 30 segments since March 1 and yet to encounter a single hot meal. All boxes all over the country.
Dang - what routes? (So I can avoid them.)
Old May 6, 2022, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by JedThePilot
This route (probably a CRJ) strikes me as a sad box plastic cup situation as well...
Old May 6, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
Flying GEG-MSP today and handed the dreaded Box of crap. The “Bakery Box” consisted of a tiny stale muffin, almonds, almond butter, granola, and some weird nut strips. This sheit is ridiculous. Enough wit the cost cutting Delta!
Minnyappleus likes this.
Old May 6, 2022, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by gaugeguy
Flying GEG-MSP today and handed the dreaded Box of crap. The “Bakery Box” consisted of a tiny stale muffin, almonds, almond butter, granola, and some weird nut strips. This sheit is ridiculous. Enough wit the cost cutting Delta!
Just to be clear, would the "tiny stale muffin" have been better if it were larger and still stale? [The way it reads, it seems like the muffin size is part of the complaint.]
Old May 6, 2022, 4:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
I think it's fair to be disappointed if a cold box arrives when the route falls within hot meal guidelines, and even to express this to DL....but in this era to default to "deceptive marketing" accusation is a bit extreme. I am sure DL would vastly prefer to be in a position to offer the "standardized" product on every single flight within the set parameters as of yesterday, but that's just not the reality we're in. To expect the standardized product to be delivered at any cost is not reasonable.

Last, I don't really undersand the distinction between money hungry company, and shareholder advocate or capitalist--is one different, or better or worse than another?
That's a marginally valid excuse if it is a market where the meals are hit or miss. But on markets where they know they are not serving a meal (like in my JFK-AUA example) because "the destination isn't ready," they should not be marketing a meal. That is 100% false and not honest
cmd320 and Minnyappleus like this.
Old May 6, 2022, 4:40 pm

Food pitching should be by flight number. Anytime your showing plated food and providing a box is an example of deceptive marketing.
Old May 6, 2022, 4:51 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Just to be clear, would the "tiny stale muffin" have been better if it were larger and still stale? [The way it reads, it seems like the muffin size is part of the complaint.]
Probably not, but it would have likely been better if it were tiny and fresh?
Old May 6, 2022, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
Probably not, but it would have likely been better if it were tiny and fresh?
Your post just reminded of the joke ... "“You don’t like the eating at the ‘Benjamin Arms’, Mrs. Margolies”
“No! It was terrible! Every mouthful was positively poison — and what small portions they give you of it.”
hhdl likes this.
Old May 6, 2022, 5:50 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, IHG
D1 from CDG

Anyone with recent D1 flights from CDG? What's on the menu?
Old May 6, 2022, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by shoodawg
Food pitching should be by flight number. Anytime your showing plated food and providing a box is an example of deceptive marketing.
Thank you! I’m not asking for much. I would however like to know what to expect and plan accordingly.

Marketing should reflect the actual product, as these details influence my purchasing decision. If the price from main to first class was negligible, I wouldn’t care. But when the difference is hundreds of dollars, details and setting the proper expectation matters.

Anything less is truly deceptive.
cmd320 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.