Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2022, 9:12 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by spudley007
I sent in an email on the lunch service from last week and got a response that they will be phasing in First Class food and preordering meal service to domestic flights very soon, with having this roll-out complete by mid-summer. I hope that is an accurate time frame!
Well looks like they reply in order of Status.....I sent a similar email 2 weeks ago, and have yet to hear back!
Minnyappleus likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Well looks like they reply in order of Status.....I sent a similar email 2 weeks ago, and have yet to hear back!
Or not. I a DM 2MM who complained about the D1 meal flying DTW-LHR on April 2. Still haven't gotten response except the we'll get back to you.
boss315 likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 12:26 pm

"Special requests" question. We have D1 ATL-LHR and return AMS-DTW (from/to BNA) end of May. (Yay used miles and GUCs for us 4 prior to the Feb policy change, but that's a different post.) Son has food allergies, mostly to dairy. For the return trip from AMS that offers the burger... is it possible to have it served without the cheese upon request? Like literally just take off the slice of cheese before you warm it up. Same for similar requests e.g. don't put the pesto cream sauce on the meatballs. Or is it just all or nothing.

He's not vegetarian or vegan, just can't have dairy or nuts. So really doesn't fall in any of the special meal categories. Checked the D1 menu and he's good to go with most of the "normal" offerings. Hoping he can have the burger on return just without the cheese. From your pics there's no scraping it off once melted!

Thanks
Old May 15, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Just out of curiosity, my 12 noon flight the other day from RSW to BOS, over 1200 miles in 738, offered no meal service whatsoever, just a snack tray. I was surprised.
Old May 15, 2022, 1:01 pm

Preselect for domestic first phasing in, received an email for SFO-BOS which is not D1.

GagaPilot and Minnyappleus like this.
Old May 15, 2022, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RobertS975
Just out of curiosity, my 12 noon flight the other day from RSW to BOS, over 1200 miles in 738, offered no meal service whatsoever, just a snack tray. I was surprised.
Was it just the snack basket or a snack box?
Old May 15, 2022, 1:40 pm

What are the meal options in D1 ATL to CDG this week?
Old May 15, 2022, 1:40 pm

Programs: EuroBonus, FlyingBlue Gold
Flying CDG-SLC on Delta One. Flight leaves Paris 10:10 AM. Will my flight have a regular lunch or breakfast? Delta app is saying dinner will be served.

Hoping for a real lunch, airplane breakfasts are usually very boring.
Old May 15, 2022, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by NLNO
Flying CDG-SLC on Delta One. Flight leaves Paris 10:10 AM. Will my flight have a regular lunch or breakfast? Delta app is saying dinner will be served.

A full meal about an hour after take off and a smaller meal about an hour before landing.
Old May 15, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: EuroBonus, FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by FabCW
A full meal about an hour after take off and a smaller meal about an hour before landing.
I understand it will be a full meal, but will it be breakfast food or lunch/dinner food?
Old May 15, 2022, 2:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
I understand it will be a full meal, but will it be breakfast food or lunch/dinner food?
Lunch/dinner food.
Old May 15, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, DL FO

It will be a real lunch. You can see the current menu here, and you will get an email / app notification to select your meal ahead of time if you want.

https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/cdg-slc/
seageg91 likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 5:26 pm

Do Delta flights have Coke Zero these days?
Old May 16, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
Any repots of Delta connection flights over 900 miles offering plated meals?
Old May 16, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by jrmoore
Do Delta flights have Coke Zero these days?
My flight on Saturday had it in F.
jrmoore likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.