Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2022, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by jrl767
same for IAD-SEA on Fri 16 Dec … was leaning toward the chicken salad but I’m very glad I went back upthread to research

guess it’ll be the sweet potato tagine, since I don’t eat beef

basically a pleasantly spicy (lima-type) bean and green pepper stew with some baby green onions, topped with a slice of sweet potato and a dollop of what was likely harissa paste

I was expecting much more sweet potato, esp in the stew itself, but found the dish actually very tasty … could have used an AS-style ciabatta roll

agree with krazykanuck that the fig-and-burrata salad and dessert were both excellent
Sealink likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred, Delta Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Avis PP
Originally Posted by RhinoDL
I read the wiki so the following graphic image from my flight from ABQ was not a surprise but does anyone have an idea with this nightmare will stop?

Exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
SAT, IAD, PSC, EYW, AUA, PUJ, YYZ, YUL, YVR, OAK, ELP, ABQ, TUS, JAC

This seems to be the case at MCI as well. I flew MCI-SEA-MCI in August and received a cold meal box, and MCI-LGA yesterday which I also received a cold meal box. Both were on A220's.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kstateinALB
This seems to be the case at MCI as well. I flew MCI-SEA-MCI in August and received a cold meal box, and MCI-LGA yesterday which I also received a cold meal box. Both were on A220's.
Thanks for info. Wiki updated (and alphabetized).
Old Dec 17, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: DL PM
Did meals return to "F" between ATL - LGA/JFK?
Old Dec 17, 2022, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by JetOutTonight
Did meals return to "F" between ATL - LGA/JFK?
Those flights are below 900 miles. There are no meals.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by sonkie23
Those flights are below 900 miles. There are no meals.
There used to be meals for certain flights on ATL-EWR before 2020.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by golfr
There used to be meals for certain flights on ATL-EWR before 2020.
That's why I asked a question. I remember on multiple occasions, breakfast, lunch and dinner between New York and Atlanta. It was an exception to the 900 mi rule.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JetOutTonight
That's why I asked a question. I remember on multiple occasions, breakfast, lunch and dinner between New York and Atlanta. It was an exception to the 900 mi rule.
Yep, a number of people have asked this same question post-Covid, and the answer remains the same that DL is sticking hard-and-fast to 900 mile rule with no exceptions at this point. They did, however, get rid of the pre-Covid meal window "hole" for departures between 1:30 - 4:00 PM on flights between 900 and 1400 miles.
GagaPilot likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper
Yep, a number of people have asked this same question post-Covid, and the answer remains the same that DL is sticking hard-and-fast to 900 mile rule with no exceptions at this point. They did, however, get rid of the pre-Covid meal window "hole" for departures between 1:30 - 4:00 PM on flights between 900 and 1400 miles.
I do not disagree with the policy. The real question I'm asking is if I pack my own lunch 😂
Old Dec 17, 2022, 3:31 pm

A bottle of Coke used to be 5 cents.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 2:13 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
Recent breakfast option on DCA-MSP. The quiche was gross with way too much half-melted cheese. No bacon either.

Sealink likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 8:17 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
New Lunch menu for ATL-SDQ. Has anyone tried any of the following options?

Old Dec 18, 2022, 8:18 am

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Sdemiller
i have same menu for upcoming trip. What did you decide as your selection? Currently I have the eggplant with everyone in my party heaving chicken or short ribs
Have tried both and are good.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 8:25 am

duplicate post
Old Dec 18, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Why can’t I pre-order on my flight BOS-SEA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.