Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2022, 1:04 am

Any signs of the cheese plate returning for dessert?
Old Dec 23, 2022, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I Have a couple 320neo flights coming up and am wondering if the issues still exist with not being able to pre-order for those planes... or if DL IT even aware of the problem?
Old Dec 23, 2022, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
Any signs of the cheese plate returning for dessert?
I would love to see that... and the return to 'traditional' D1 service with the desert/wine/cheese cart... and most importantly without being rushed where you get your drink/nuts/snack and then the meal tray shows up within minutes, and they never come by to offer more wine/beverages.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 5:52 pm
HKG

Unfortunately, not on the 321neo, just did a MCO to SEA flight on this aircraft and no pre order is available and customer service aren't able to select a meal either.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 6:19 pm

Programs: DL PM
Christmas Eve Flight, ATL-BOS, was also given preorder option:
Gio's Sorrento Lemon Chicken, Insalata di Mare, Margherita Pizza for vegetarians. Picking the first one, I hope I don't regret
Since it's being talked about, this is on an A321, if that helps.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 6:32 pm

Canned Wine in Domestic FC

Does anyone know when the current contract for the canned wine runs out? The original press release touting it noted traditional bottles would remain in first class, but obviously everything domestic FC is the same canned chard or cab now and has been for some time. I’m not a fan of either of the two and would love to at least see variety if not a return to traditional bottles.

Last edited by DCAstudent; Dec 24, 2022 at 10:06 am
Old Dec 23, 2022, 7:40 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Prιfιrence
Originally Posted by DCAstudent
Does anyone know when the current contract for the canned wine runs out? The original press release touting it noted traditional bottles would remain in first class, but obviously everything domestic FC is the same canned chard or cab now and has been for some time. I’m not a fan of either of the two and would love to at least see variety if not a return to traditional bottles.
Delta served wine from bottles in PS on the LHR-JFK flight I took earlier this month
Old Dec 24, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: Delta PM, LATAM Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton, Hertz Gold, Silvercar, Sixt
Originally Posted by ND76
Delta served wine from bottles in PS on the LHR-JFK flight I took earlier this month
As they did in PS CPH-JFK in mid-November
Old Dec 24, 2022, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by ND76
Originally Posted by dtwlarry
As they did in PS CPH-JFK in mid-November
I’m curious about the canned wines in domestic FC, not international cabins.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL DM
Finally got to try the odd “Fennel Flan Croquettes” last night on DL2712 SEA-ANC.

This was a gate UG, so didn’t get a chance to order via pre-select. They still had all three choices left at my row (Croquettes, Beef Chuck Roast, or Grilled Chicken Salad). My experience with beef ex-SEA hasn’t been good, so decided to try these since they have been one of DL’s more odd items lately.

Despite the negative reviews, I found this dish quite good. I’d say a solid 8/10. Croquettes were nicely cooked, not dry, plenty of veggies, and the cream sauce was tasty. I was worried it would have an overpowering beet flavor from
the golden beets, but that was not the case. The “salad” was a bit of an odd combo as well, but surprisingly worked. The red sauce that was served was something similar to French dressing and seemed out of place for both the salad and entree. The usual sad Bell’s cookie accompanied the meal.

Overall I’d get the croquettes again. My seat mate had the chuck roast, and as I expected, looked extremely dry and over cooked. For whatever reason SEA doesn’t do beef well.

Best FA’s I have encountered since Pre-covid. Full PDB on the ground, with offers of seconds. Prompt beverage service in the air with the snack basket. Dinner served shortly after with multiple refills, and passes of the snack basket throughout the 3 hour flight.

Old Dec 25, 2022, 8:59 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by DCAstudent
I don't know the answer although I agree that that cans are very bad and hope they are gone soon. In case you aren't aware, domestic FC is also serving sparkling wine and it is very drinkable, dry and doesn't have any of the artificial taste of the cans. It's not remarkable but I definitely enjoy it and will be drinking it until there are some new red and whites to try.

​​​​​​​
Old Dec 25, 2022, 10:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
12/20/2022, DL2378, PHX-DTW pre order options

Went with the three cheese quiche. It wasn’t as good as other dishes I’ve had on DL lately but it wasn’t that bad. It was still cold in the middle but at least the flavors were good so overall just meh here.
GagaPilot likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 10:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
12/20/2022, DL1135, DTW-MSY pre order options

Originally pre selected the steak sandwich but switched to the mushroom ravioli. Was glad I did as this dish was a home run from Do&Co, very tasty and would order on the ground. Great first experience for Do&Co catering!
GagaPilot likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 1:11 pm

Decent but repetitive

Wishful thinking here. Will the gluten free meal of salad, polenta and meatballs on Delta ever be changed?
upnorth likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by greenlander
I don't know the answer although I agree that that cans are very bad and hope they are gone soon. In case you aren't aware, domestic FC is also serving sparkling wine and it is very drinkable, dry and doesn't have any of the artificial taste of the cans. It's not remarkable but I definitely enjoy it and will be drinking it until there are some new red and whites to try.
​​​​​​​Thanks! Will try it today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.