Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2022, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nologic
Why can’t I pre-order on my flight BOS-SEA?
There was already a response to your earlier post and there may be pre-order issues on A321neo's.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34839324-post2355.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34770470-post1418.html

Also, option is generally only offered starting about 1 week out (how far out is your flight?) and you may have to use app to see it.

Last edited by xliioper; Dec 18, 2022 at 9:01 am
Old Dec 18, 2022, 9:05 am

Programs: DL DM, MR Titanium, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by kstateinALB
This seems to be the case at MCI as well. I flew MCI-SEA-MCI in August and received a cold meal box, and MCI-LGA yesterday which I also received a cold meal box. Both were on A220's.
Breakfast this morning from ABQ-ATL was choice of Flight Fuel snack boxes that were for sale in Y.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 7:38 am

flew JFK- PHX on Friday- had the breakfast frittata that was catered by union square hospitality and it was excellent- served with potatoes, a nice fruit salad and a small slice of carrot cake. Highly recommend if offered. Other options were a bagel with cream cheese and lox (seemed popular) and greek yogurt with fruit and chia seeds.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond (challenge), SPG Gold, all else steerage
Originally Posted by alamedadan
Flying AMS-SEA on Sunday. Any suggestions? Leaning towards the short rib but an open to suggestions.

West with the roasted pork loin. A bit over seasoned but very tender and the mustard sauce made everything delicious. The salad was all toppings and little veg. Pre arrival meal was a messy cheeseburger that I ate Costanza style with a knife and fork to keep my hands clean. Salad option sold out when they got to 4J.

Sealink likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by truncated
Breakfast on BOS-MSY today:

Scrambled eggs with a grilled ham and cheese sandwich on whole wheat

Pretty solid overall - could probably have spent a minute or so less in the oven though. Croissant was warm and tasty and pineapple was actually sweet

Great service (which seems to be the norm ex-BOS tbh) from the lead FA — full PDB, multiple drink / water runs and two passes of the snack basket so far (unfortunately only with the coach snacks)
had this yesterday on BOS-RSW -- thought it was quite tasty! also great service w/ full PDB
Sealink and truncated like this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by spudley007
I actually have three new options out of DTW for dinner on Dec 1 (I haven't seen these posted, or perhaps I missed them).

Braised Beef Cheeks
Blackened Chicken and Baby Spinach Salad
Homemade Wild Mushroom Mezzaluna Pasta

Nice to get some variety!
which did you go with? I have the same menu and the beef cheeks is the only menu item that sounds appetizing to me.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 11:51 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by LouNanne
which did you go with? I have the same menu and the beef cheeks is the only menu item that sounds appetizing to me.
I'm now 2-2 with the beef cheeks. They're not as good as the short rib (IMO), but still tasty. The chocolate mousse for dessert was also quite tasty!
LouNanne likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 5:43 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dmann33
Has anyone had any of these? I presume the shrimp is served cold?

Which one did you select in the end? Did you take any pictures?
Old Dec 20, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Ambassador
Pre-order from BOS hasn't worked since at least June ...
Old Dec 20, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: DL GM
CUN-DTW lunch on Sunday 12/18
I had the beef burrito, and it was a little bland but good overall. The salad and dessert were excellent, though.

Sealink likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 9:19 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by jewree
Pre-order from BOS hasn't worked since at least June ...
Have you only been on BOS-SFO/SEA flights operated by the 321neo? I think the problem is with those flights/planes specifically — pre-order worked fine on my BOS-MSY flight last weekend (options appeared in the app and was able to select and save and all that)
Old Dec 20, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by truncated;[url=tel:34849980
34849980[/url]]Have you only been on BOS-SFO/SEA flights operated by the 321neo? I think the problem is with those flights/planes specifically — pre-order worked fine on my BOS-MSY flight last weekend (options appeared in the app and was able to select and save and all that)
My flight is an A320neo.

Why would the aircraft make a difference for preordering food?
Old Dec 20, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by nologic
My flight is an A320neo.

Why would the aircraft make a difference for preordering food?
No pre-ordering on either one of my neo flights to/from LA this weekend either. Definitely an issue with IT and configuring pre-order for the neo.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 1:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Ambassador
Yah, my issues with lack of pre-ordering to/from BOS were neo flights as well ... newer plane means, uh, less technology like pre-order? Your pick: do you want the new engines or prerder?
NotHamSarnie and Jon Francis like this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 8:30 pm

I see that Delta no longer offers kids meals, but does anyone happen to know if they normally (or ever) offer the Impossible meatballs as part of the DTW-AMS TATL (A330-300) dinner service in D1 nowadays? My kid would eat those, but probably won’t dig any of the other offerings I’ve seen on past menus.

If I have to pack something for him in my bag ahead of time, that’s totally cool. Just trying to plan ahead.

Last edited by squirk; Dec 21, 2022 at 9:30 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.