Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old Dec 7, 22, 5:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; Hilton Diamond
what?

Originally Posted by Paul510 View Post
Kielbasa AKA "Polish Sausage" I guess they want to use it's woke name.
Really? "woke name" ?? Where have you been all these years?
Kielbasa is exactly how it is written and how it is sold here if you are getting real polish sausage.
You might as well have claimed that Tandoori chicken is the woke name for Indian clay oven chicken
Old Dec 7, 22, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I've always seen it called Kielbasa also, but maybe since I get the real stuff around here. Polish sausage is the mass market brand stuff.
I'll take real Kielbasa any day.
matchbox20_is, wrp96, hhdl and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 9, 22, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, AA, UA, B6, HA, WN, Delta SkyClub, Alaska Lounge, Global Entry, CLEAR
Any data points for MSP-JAX?
Return2flight likes this.
Old Dec 9, 22, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL 1MM PM: UA Plat
Hi all!

Flying D1 MSP-HNL-MSP. I’ve searched but found no info. All flights leave before 2100.

thanks!
Old Dec 9, 22, 6:37 pm

Getting ready for vacay MSP-HNL

Hi all!

Flying D1 MSP-HNL-MSP. I’ve searched but found no info. All flights leave before 2100.

thanks!
Old Dec 9, 22, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by GagaPilot View Post
Have you tried selecting an entree via the app? My last few domestic F flights have not received an email, only was able to select in the app.
When does the menu appear in the app? I have a flight in D1 the first week in January. I don’t have an assigned seat (multiple seats blocked for possible crew rest) Is that an issue?
Old Dec 9, 22, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Return2flight View Post
When does the menu appear in the app? I have a flight in D1 the first week in January. I don’t have an assigned seat (multiple seats blocked for possible crew rest) Is that an issue?
Selection options usually appear in App 7 days before departure. The 9PM meal cutoff does not apply to D1 flights (also does not apply to FC flights over 2300 miles).
Return2flight likes this.
Old Dec 10, 22, 12:05 am

12/7
SLC-IAH

Braised Beef Short Ribs
Perfectly cooked, moist and not over seasoned. The buratta and fig salad was tasty. Loved the coconut cheesecake dessert. Overall, very happy with this meal.

ijgordon likes this.
Old Dec 10, 22, 9:02 am

ATL-LAS

Anyone have any feedback on any of these options? Thanks!

Old Dec 10, 22, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, AC 50K, Hyatt Ist-iest, Starriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bruininabag View Post
12/7 SLC-IAH

Braised Beef Short Ribs
Perfectly cooked, moist and not over seasoned. The buratta and fig salad was tasty. Loved the coconut cheesecake dessert. Overall, very happy with this meal.
I have that same menu for IAH-LGA on Monday and trying to decide between that and the nashville spicy chicken salad, but haven't seen a review/post of the salad yet. Delta and short ribs is rarely a bad option, but it's a common option and was thinking of having something less heavy.
Old Dec 10, 22, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium
I read the wiki so the following graphic image from my flight from ABQ was not a surprise but does anyone have an idea with this nightmare will stop?

Exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
SAT, IAD, PSC, EYW, AUA, PUJ, YYZ, YUL, YVR, OAK, ELP, ABQ, TUS, JAC

Old Dec 10, 22, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL DM
I picked the Nashville chicken salad last week from RDU-LAX. It was basically a lump of chicken salad with mayo on top of some greens with diced egg and tomato, Wasn’t terrible but defiantly not the Nashville chicken as advertised, Would have been ok as a lunch option but too light for a dinner. Was wishing I had picked the alway reliable short rib.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Dec 10, 22, 9:36 pm
HKG

Originally Posted by AKC6 View Post
ATL-DEN noon flt Wed.--suddenly no e-mail for that flt or return dinner Fri.
"Plat" line says they can't push the e-mail out?
Offered to "find out" menu choices, held for 20 mins, hung up. HUCA or hope for the best?
If your aircraft is on the A321 NEO, then you'll not receive an email on the pre order from the main menu. A special meals can still be order ahead of time. I have tried multiple times and asked the Delta customer service, and same response was their computer are unable to offer pre meal selection options.
AKC6 and jewree like this.
Old Dec 11, 22, 10:06 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Ambassador
That explains it! I thought it was something about the BOS route, but that is aA321Neo. Although, I don't quite understand why the fancy new plane would have less ability to pre-order meals ....
DLASflyer likes this.
Old Dec 11, 22, 10:41 am

Programs: DL 0 Million Miler (and PM), Amtrak Select Plus, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Breakfast on BOS-MSY today:

Preordered the eggs (aka “Pork selection”):

Scrambled eggs with a grilled ham and cheese sandwich on whole wheat

Pretty solid overall - could probably have spent a minute or so less in the oven though. Croissant was warm and tasty and pineapple was actually sweet

Great service (which seems to be the norm ex-BOS tbh) from the lead FA — full PDB, multiple drink / water runs and two passes of the snack basket so far (unfortunately only with the coach snacks)
chrisny2 likes this.

Search this Thread