Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2022, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by diburning
Preorder options for SFO-BOS Dinner tonight (this was a last minute booking, but it gave me the preorder option as I booked at T-25)

This is the miso-glazed sea bass out of SFO: (photo taken from April on SFO-JFK):

sspontak and Keith2004 like this.
Old May 20, 2022, 8:51 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
DL1708 SFO-BOS First Class May 20, 2022. Since my preselection was for DL374, it didn't follow me when I SDC'ed onto this flight.

So, by the time the FA got to me, the short ribs were all claimed. So, I opted for the chicken, which was the right choice as it seemed a lot more substantial than the short rib.

The chicken was nice and tender, and the kale was surpringly good. The salad was a farro salad​​ with pickled onions and carrots. The blueberry mousse bar was tasty as well.
wasn’t Delta doing special meals (some Greek restaurant) for D1 out of SFO?
Old May 20, 2022, 10:37 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
It was first class, not D1. They swapped off the 757s with D1 for A321neos with F.
Old May 20, 2022, 11:37 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by spudley007
Sad box on DFW-DTW today as well.
DFW-DTW 11:30 am had the Bistro Box. DTW-DFW lunch flight had the sad box.
Old May 21, 2022, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was first class, not D1. They swapped off the 757s with D1 for A321neos with F.
BOS-SEA/SFO/LAX get upgraded meal service even when flown as FC flights. I believe FC flights on these routes also get pre-selection (unlike other FC routes where pre-selection is still not an option).

https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-...omestic-cabins
Old May 21, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by xliioper
BOS-SEA/SFO/LAX get upgraded meal service even when flown as FC flights. I believe FC flights on these routes also get pre-selection (unlike other FC routes where pre-selection is still not an option).
That DL is maintaining elevated catering on these routes seems like a decent indication that the planned "transcon" 321neos with 1x1 lie-flats will find their way to BOS when introduced.
Old May 21, 2022, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JetOutTonight
LGA-EYW

Anyone with FC experience (breakfast or lunch) meal service on this route? Assuming cold meal b/c of E170 equipment.
Unlike AA/UA, DL installed ovens on their CR9/E70/E75
Old May 21, 2022, 11:23 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
DL1708 SFO-BOS First Class May 20, 2022. Since my preselection was for DL374, it didn't follow me when I SDC'ed onto this flight.

So, by the time the FA got to me, the short ribs were all claimed. So, I opted for the chicken, which was the right choice as it seemed a lot more substantial than the short rib.

The chicken was nice and tender, and the kale was surpringly good. The salad was a farro salad​​ with pickled onions and carrots. The blueberry mousse bar was tasty as well.
Is this the new F seat on the A321NEO? I ask because, despite knowing DL has the tightest pitch in domestic F, the seat in front looks less than 2 inches away from the tray table! Insanity!

Was it impossible for the window seat passenger to get up during service?
Aloha1 and Minnyappleus like this.
Old May 21, 2022, 2:35 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC, CLEAR
IND-LAX, DL0932. 4.5hr flight with a very tightly wrapped Sad Box. No meat in the charcuterie, just olives which were honestly pretty good.

New club in LAX is amazing, had breakfast with made to order tacos and then regular made to order tacos for lunch!

LAX-SEA, DL1098. Upgraded at gate and didn't expect a full meal for the 2.5hr flight but was not disappointed to find this meatball (real), garlic bread, and burrata mozz ball waiting for me. These new meal partnerships with local LA restaurants seem to be working out nice.
Attached Images  
Old May 21, 2022, 4:51 pm

New in D1 (not sure if just international or also transcons but I got this on a TATL flight): Grown Alchemist refreshing Oshibori towel (cold) offered after takeoff before the drink service:

Minnyappleus likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 5:19 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by xliioper

https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-...omestic-cabins
Oh, ok, that’s why I was given the option to preselect my meal (mentioned upthread, my choice didn’t follow me since I SDC’ed to an earlier flight)

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Is this the new F seat on the A321NEO? I ask because, despite knowing DL has the tightest pitch in domestic F, the seat in front looks less than 2 inches away from the tray table! Insanity!
Originally Posted by btonkid12345

Was it impossible for the window seat passenger to get up during service?

The tray table came out of the outward armrest and can shift forward almost all the way to the seatback in front of me. Useful for larger passengers such as myself. The window seat passenger can’t get up period because of how close the seats are together and if either seat in front is reclined, the window seat pax will have to sit on the center column table to get out.

The seats were definitely designed for such tight pitch because the IFE screens are intentionally hinged at the top.

Despite the tighter pitch, I do have to say that the seats are quite comfortable although the padding is a bit thin. The “privacy wings” don’t provide much privacy, but they do serve to hide the thinness of the seat cushion. The butt cushion is so thin that they added a “legrest” cushion (in quotes because it’s solid and doesn’t come up/out like a legrest) that exists because otherwise the thin butt cushion would be noticeable, and I was told that it was to provide a buffer space between the back of my legs and the underseat storage.
Old May 21, 2022, 11:16 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Can anyone tell me, or provide a link to, the pre-order dinner menu that DL offered in D1 last month from JFK>LHR. I ordered the fish which wasn't on the day of departure menu, and wanted to know again what it was as it was excellent!
Old May 22, 2022, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by audidudi
Can anyone tell me, or provide a link to, the pre-order dinner menu that DL offered in D1 last month from JFK>LHR. I ordered the fish which wasn't on the day of departure menu, and wanted to know again what it was as it was excellent!
These are the choices from JFK:

Should have been this?

Old May 22, 2022, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Unlike AA/UA, DL installed ovens on their CR9/E70/E75
We flew from MSP to IAH during breakfast time and our E175 didn’t have an oven as claimed by the FA. Maybe it was just ours in particular.
Old May 22, 2022, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JedThePilot
We flew from MSP to IAH during breakfast time and our E175 didn’t have an oven as claimed by the FA. Maybe it was just ours in particular.
I think it depends. A lot of the old Compass E175s had them. I got a hot meal on an SLC-DFW flight years ago.

Last edited by KDCAflyer; May 23, 2022 at 6:09 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.