Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old Nov 27, 22, 1:23 pm

Programs: DL PM
I know a few pics have been posted already of this dish, but posting one more as I finally got to try the Smoked Fish Salad recently from ATL-SEA. It was really good! While I can’t be sure, I’m fairly certain the fish used was amberjack. Only complaint was the dish lacked a starchy component as the side of fruit was out of place. But would order this again.

Orher choices were the usual Mashama Bailey Chicken or Sweet Potato thing.

sspontak likes this.
Old Nov 27, 22, 11:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
And another new meal for a dinner flight out of MCO next week:

Braised Beef Short Rib w/ Thyme Parmesan Mashed Potatoes (yes, same short rib, but different side)
Chef Mashama Bailey's Roasted Sweet Potato Tagine (haven't seen this anywhere but ATL)
Nashville Spicy Chicken Salad

All that...and I"ll still end up with the beef short rib!
Old Nov 28, 22, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by spudley007 View Post

Braised Beef Short Rib w/ Thyme Parmesan Mashed Potatoes (yes, same short rib, but different side)
Chef Mashama Bailey's Roasted Sweet Potato Tagine (haven't seen this anywhere but ATL)

Interestingly enough, I have the exact same options on a flight from SLC - DFW next week and I also reached the same decision as you. Looks like this might be something they're rolling out to the wider fleet.
Spoiler

Old Nov 28, 22, 5:04 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by spudley007 View Post

thank GOD we get some new dining options. I am so tired of that impossible burger. The short-rib, while relatively uninspired, is a safe option and Delta usually cooks it well.
Old Nov 30, 22, 4:19 am

Programs: Delta Plat IHG Dia, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Global Entry, TSA ✓
Menu for SEA-ICN D1 in December - Chose Cioppino

SIGNATURE SELECTION
ROASTED CHICKEN BREASTwith fennel flan, king oyster mushroom. and port wine sauce
FOUR CHEESE CARAMELLE* with pomodoro, pesto, pine nuts, basil and grated Parmesan *Vegetarian Selection
KOREAN SELECTION Bibimbap with bulgogi, julienne egg, spinach, pickle radish, bean sprout, shitake, cuccumber, zucchini, gochujang and steamed rice

LIMITED SELECTION
PENN COVE SHRIMP DUMPLINGS CIOPPINO with Shaoxing crab broth, stir-fried kailan, blistered cherry tomatoes, and scallions
ROASTED QUAIL with thyme, purple parisienne potatoes, grilled baby zucchini, roasted peppers and teardrop tomatoes
Old Nov 30, 22, 6:50 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium
Meal options for JFK-LAX on Friday

Salsa Verde Grilled Flank Steak Bowl with marinated farro salad, baby kale, and radicchio
Marta Chicken Meatballs with olive oil whipped potatoes, Taggiasca olives, and spinach
Questlove's Cheesesteak with Impossible topped with cheese sauce and a side of pickle relish

LIMITED SELECTION
Blue Smoke BBQ Wings with chipotle BBQ sauce, collard greens, and macaroni & cheese
Gramercy Tavern's Mushroom Lasagna with ricotta, roasted tomato, and spinach

Honestly pretty pleased with this menu, now what the hell do I pick.
Old Nov 30, 22, 10:45 am

Programs: DL Plat, Bonvoy LT Gold, HH Diamond
Breakfast choices finally loaded for the early morning SEA-MSP this Friday (was only showing charcuterie from last Friday to yesterday):
Bacon Gouda Quiche with sautéed spinach, roasted heirloom tomatoes, fried leeks, and mushroom cream sauce
Macadamia Brown Sugar French Toast with banana crumble and strawberry brunoise
Olympia Provisions Charcuterie with salami, ham, pork pistachio pate, Beecher’s cheddar, whipped Marco Polo, and Dutch Hollow cheese, bread and butter zucchini relish, dried currants, and olive oil crackers

Menu also shows Macrina Cornetto Roll and Washington State Pear Salad as breakfast sides for all.
NYC Flyer and hi55us like this.
Old Nov 30, 22, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL PM
Here’s another pic of the current Impossible Burger. Thought I’d give it one more try today, and not impressed. The bun was so dry it was like a biscotti. The crew was excellent though. DL 2806 ANC-SEA.

Old Nov 30, 22, 7:25 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Same menu for upcoming trip from SEA-CDG. I ordered the same. Either going to be really good or really bad!
Old Dec 1, 22, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Spire, Hertz 5*
Breakfast

DTW-LAX breakfast this morning. FA said a new menu started today. The ham and cheese sandwich was tasteless.

Old Dec 1, 22, 3:15 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Was on MSP-SAT this morning on a breakfast flight…any idea we got sad box vs. an actual hot breakfast?!
Old Dec 1, 22, 4:06 pm

Programs: SkyPesos
Originally Posted by DavidDTW View Post
DTW-LAX breakfast this morning. FA said a new menu started today. The ham and cheese sandwich was tasteless.

Only DL can manage to make something so basic tasteless. lol
Return2flight likes this.
Old Dec 1, 22, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by secretalcoholic View Post
Only DL can manage to make something so basic tasteless. lol
Oh, I don't know. Back in the day in the cafeteria at work we would joke about the Ford Food Services flavor extractor that made a flavorless lasagna or baked ziti.
Old Dec 1, 22, 11:54 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
DTW-SEA lunch earlier this week. First trip in first class in a very, very long time. Options were described as artichoke ravioli, shrimp salad, or cold beef sandwich on brioche. I ordered a gluten free meal and FA acknowledged my special meal request as a "gluten meal" (lol)

Surprise mystery meal was a hot entree with a grilled chicken breast (grill marks were face down on the plate), blanched green beans with red peppers, and mashed sweet potatoes with BBQ sauce. Small side salad with grilled veggies (2 grape tomatoes and 2 small slices of eggplant) and small fresh fruit cup for dessert. Tasted super healthy (couldn't taste any butter or diary in the potatoes) and bland (something that a bit of salt and pepper can fix), wouldn't be surprised if this meal is also served for low-fat/low sodium meals, but overall I was pretty happy with this - it wasn't bad at all for a special meal.
Hoyaheel and Smithwicks70 like this.
Old Dec 2, 22, 4:51 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
The FlyDelta App Menu is a VERY nice touch. Good work, Delta! Now lets get drink orders on the Seat Back Screens!

Return2flight likes this.

Search this Thread