Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2022, 4:25 pm

Air Canada serves this on 1 hour flight YYZ-LGA

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
That actually looks fantastic compared to the last two years of sad boxes on DL.

Old May 26, 2022, 5:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by shoodawg
Air Canada serves this on 1 hour flight YYZ-LGA
But do you get layers of protection?
Old May 27, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Dinner on MSP-DCA. Beef short rib with mashed potatoes and carrots, served with a pomegranate/walnut salad and a blueberry cheesecake (I think) bar.

Overall one of the best domestic first class meals I've had. Everything was perfectly cooked, and the salad was very fresh. I was impressed that the mashed potatoes were actually real vs reconstituted. The other options were a mushroom ravioli and a mixed chicken salad. Both looked pretty decent.

NYC Flyer and DCAhome like this.
Old May 27, 2022, 6:07 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
New in D1 (not sure if just international or also transcons but I got this on a TATL flight): Grown Alchemist refreshing Oshibori towel (cold) offered after takeoff before the drink service:

added since May 16.
Old May 27, 2022, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mot29
added since May 16.
I got the Grown Alchemist towel on SYD-LAX, but only before the second service. FAs were beyond disinterested in doing anything so maybe they just forgot before the first meal.
Old May 27, 2022, 7:35 am

Programs: UA GS, AA PLAT, DL PLAT, EK SILVER
Flew home MCO-BOS last night. Had the short rib, which was excellent as usual, although surprisingly the chicken went 100% by Row 1 (I was in Row 2 and it was already gone!).

Also spoke to the (AMAZING) BOS-based FAs about AUS/DFW. They said what they have been told is that the aircraft goes BOS-AUS/DFW then a shorter leg (e.g., SLC) so catering logistics somehow gets interrupted W/R/T meals. Not exactly sure how/why this is, but it felt plausible. Moreover, this was just another example of great / caring FAs. DL has a lot of good apples, but the BOS base is consistently one of the best (in my experience...and yes I'm biased).
cmd320 likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
Dinner on MSP-DCA. Beef short rib with mashed potatoes and carrots, served with a pomegranate/walnut salad and a blueberry cheesecake (I think) bar.

Overall one of the best domestic first class meals I've had. Everything was perfectly cooked, and the salad was very fresh. I was impressed that the mashed potatoes were actually real vs reconstituted. The other options were a mushroom ravioli and a mixed chicken salad. Both looked pretty decent.

I've had this meal on this route recently as well. I agree. I think it was well done. I just wish they'd vary the dessert. I got served it on four flights in a row haha.
cmd320, kxc262, KDCAflyer and 1 others like this.
Old May 27, 2022, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
The salad looks top-notch
DLASflyer likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by findark
The salad looks top-notch
I seriously wouldn't balk at it on the ground. It was fresher than a lot of airport salads I've had.
Old May 27, 2022, 10:04 am

Breakfast BOS-SLC. My first hot meal in hundreds of segments!

Old May 27, 2022, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Breakfast BOS-SLC. My first hot meal in hundreds of segments!

How was it? I picked the cold meat tray over that but it looked good
Old May 27, 2022, 5:43 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Rapid Rewards
I'm assuming pre-orders for shorter domestic routes aren't back yet and should go by FEBO?
Old May 27, 2022, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by KeithRedford
I'm assuming pre-orders for shorter domestic routes aren't back yet and should go by FEBO?
Correct. I was last to order on a FEBO flight today and they still had all three choices available.
KeithRedford likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 10:38 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
MSP-SNA A319. Choices were beef short rib, mushroom ravioli, or chicken farro salad with hummus, cucumber, and tomato. I went for the chicken and it was good. Sides were the same as an earlier post, salad with pomegranate seeds and walnuts as well as a blueberry cheesecake. No PDB, FEBO observed.

Old May 28, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
Another sad box on Endeavor yesterday. No glassware. No PDB. Orders taken from the back on our even numbered flight (?). My next flight on this route will be on AA in F -- should be interesting to compare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.