Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Does anyone know if Delta has a kids meal on domestic first class flights? We are being offered the impossible burrito (vegetarian), Fox Bros. short rib, or the Italian burrata. I don't think a four year old would eat any of these choices. I can just pack something for her if they don't.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 8:36 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
SDQ-JFK

Omelette was also very decent. Croissant was stale 👎🏼
sspontak likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Flew a breakfast flight yesterday (so I finally had something other than the salads/impossible burger, yay); the coconut chia pudding was actually decent. That being said, nothing compared to the Peruvian Chicken Sandwich I had on an Alaska Airlines flight last week, which was perhaps the best thing I've eaten on a plane since 2018.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by traveler4ever
Does anyone know if Delta has a kids meal on domestic first class flights? We are being offered the impossible burrito (vegetarian), Fox Bros. short rib, or the Italian burrata. I don't think a four year old would eat any of these choices. I can just pack something for her if they don't.
No, Delta no longer serves any children's meals. Our daughter ate some of the burrata and we brought additional snacks to supplement. Note that they also don't have milk on board if you would want it.
traveler4ever likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
No, Delta no longer serves any children's meals. Our daughter ate some of the burrata and we brought additional snacks to supplement. Note that they also don't have milk on board if you would want it.
It's so crazy to me that TAP has milk, child appropriate food, a changing pad, a toy, and a baby spoon, despite being regarded as a gutter class carrier, and Delta, supposedly the best the US has on offer, doesn't.

Last edited by flyerfirsts; Aug 18, 2022 at 7:30 pm
Old Aug 18, 2022, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
It's so crazy to me that TAP has milk, child appropriate good, a changing pad, a toy, and a baby spoon, despite being regarded as a gutter class carrier, and Delta, supposedly the best the US has on offer, doesn't.
IIRC Delta had milk and kids meals pre-COVID.

It doesn't make sense they aren't back. Everyone had been chasing VFR and leisure travel which will skew more toward families. I'd also think throwing some chicken nuggets, fries and a veg out there would be a hell of a lot cheaper then someone basically wasting a non-kid friendly meal.

Question does United or American offer anything that anyone knows of?
Old Aug 18, 2022, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291

It doesn't make sense they aren't back. Everyone had been chasing VFR and leisure travel which will skew more toward families. I'd also think throwing some chicken nuggets, fries and a veg out there would be a hell of a lot cheaper then someone basically wasting a non-kid friendly meal.

United has a kids snack box for purchase, AA has baby meals.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Should I expect a junk box on ATL-BOI?

Pretty bad for an 1800 mile flight.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL GM

Upcoming options in domestic first for ATL-DEN dinner then DEN-DTW lunch, respectively. First time flying through ATL with a meal, so I'm looking forward to trying the short rib.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 5:36 pm

I had a difficult time with the SLC to DTW- None of the options looked really appealing- Hopefully we can get in the lounge at SLC or they have a decent snack basket
Old Aug 19, 2022, 7:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291

Limes too. I know it’s a first-world problem but I’ve seen zero explanation as to why limes and fresh milk are no longer being offered.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 9:15 pm

During my SFO-JFK Delta One flight earlier this month, had some beef dish for lunch. It was above average. The dessert was actually quite good.

Flew EDI-JFK economy with P2 earlier this week and the food was actually very good and honestly better than the Delta One meal lol.
We were offered a Thai curry with rice, and 3 cheese tortelli as options. Tried both and were impressed with both. The side salad was also great. Dessert was a Beckleberry's Salted Caramel Ice Cream which delicious.
We then got a 2nd meal an hour before landing - spinach & feta pastry and the other was a meat option. Went with the spinach, which was above average. Dessert was a passion fruit mousse which was not bad either.
I am really impressed by Delta's sustainable packaging and utensils in economy, as they are not annoyingly impractical like paper straws, and also feel very high quality and uniquely designed.

Old Aug 20, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by dmarge18
How are you all getting anything different on a domestic flight for F meal choices? Every flight since early June I've only had 1) Impossible Burger, 2) Chicken Salad, 3) S/W Shrimp Salad? Just got my "choose your meal" for a flight to PHX next week, and same options. It's getting kind of ridiculous. I have an AS flight next week, and their options were >>>>>>>>>>Delta's, even for only a 2.5 hour flight.
Same for me. Do they ever have different options once onboard?
Old Aug 20, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
jdrtravel Wow, thank you! She does love milk. We'll be sure to buy some after security!
jdrtravel likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: DL DM
Heading to Munich from LAX via DTW on 8/27 and I'm pleasantly surprised that the breakfast choices out of LAX seem to be different than I've been seeing posted lately. I saw peagreenid's post for DTW-CDG leg and I'll be happy with those choices too but won't see the menu still for a few hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.