Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Reason for flight delay or cancellation - 2023 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 15, 2023, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
See post 1 to understand the 3 and 4 letter codes.
Print Wikipost

FAQ : Reason for flight delay or cancellation - 2023 edition

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2023, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Just had my LHR-DUB cancelled for tomorrow too - looks like it could be a bit windy so wondering if there’s flow restrictions at Heathrow

Very irritating, not really practical to get to Heathrow for an alternative 6.35 departure at less than 12 hours notice!

ETA - have thrown claim in online. Currently having fun with BA not wanting to move my booking to May flights they have on sale for £600…

Last edited by lorcancoyle; Mar 24, 2023 at 2:18 pm
Old Mar 24, 2023, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Just had my LHR-DUB cancelled for tomorrow too - looks like it could be a bit windy so wondering if there’s flow restrictions at Heathrow

Very irritating, not really practical to get to Heathrow for an alternative 6.35 departure at less than 12 hours notice!
I just got the text too - was on BA830 was just wondering what the reason for the cancellation…
Old Mar 24, 2023, 2:08 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by apacuk
And can I claim two lots of EC/261 compensation .... ??
This has been through the CJEU, and yes you can claim 2 lots, though I can't see BA being helpful in that respect. It would need the second cancellation to be unrelated to the first. So something like a technical problem on flight1 then crew shortage on flight2.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 2:37 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Just got a text that BA 773 from Zurich to LHR tomorrow is cancelled (after I was already checked in with boarding pass). Weirdly I’ve been auto rebooked into a flight from Basel. Can anyone check why? Meanwhile I’ll be calling to see if I can be put on a later flight from Zurich instead.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 2:41 pm

So my ZRH to LHR on 24 March was cancelled, I rebooked on the BA773 ZRH to LHR on 25 March. Now this one has been cancelled!

Please does anyone have the reason for the BA773 ZRH to LHR cancellation on 25 March.

And can I claim two lots of EC/261 compensation .... ??

Many thanks!
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
This has been through the CJEU, and yes you can claim 2 lots, though I can't see BA being helpful in that respect. It would need the second cancellation to be unrelated to the first. So something like a technical problem on flight1 then crew shortage on flight2.
Originally Posted by LondonAussie
Just got a text that BA 773 from Zurich to LHR tomorrow is cancelled (after I was already checked in with boarding pass). Weirdly I’ve been auto rebooked into a flight from Basel. Can anyone check why? Meanwhile I’ll be calling to see if I can be put on a later flight from Zurich instead.
BA 773 on the 25th is listed as INDN, Industrial action.
Saladman likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle

ETA - have thrown claim in online. Currently having fun with BA not wanting to move my booking to May flights they have on sale for £600…
Originally Posted by ct4646
I just got the text too - was on BA830 was just wondering what the reason for the cancellation…

The reason for BA830 on the 25th is OPEY, operational and yes to 261. The operation represents something akin to a Picasso being rammed through a shredder at the moment.
lorcancoyle likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 3:01 pm

Thank you I will submit a claim and see how it goes
Old Mar 25, 2023, 12:56 am
formerly maskelo

Angry BA1333 cancelled last night and BA1341 this am

Hi all

Just wanted to check if anyone knows the reason for the cancellation of BA1341 this morning. We were on the cancelled BA1333 last night and now on the cancelled BA1341.

Last night they said due to air traffic restrictions, is it the same today?

Is compensation payable on the one today?

Thanks
Old Mar 25, 2023, 1:21 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
This is Jersey to Heathrow. Probably due to the French ATC strikes? No compensation if so, just duty of care.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 1:29 am

Anyone know why BA304 (LHR to CDG) was a late cancellation this morning? Only got cancelled after bags checked in and security cleared. Offered tomorrow afternoon instead which isn’t ideal for a 2 day trip. BA said “operational reasons”, would that be in line for compensation?
Old Mar 25, 2023, 2:39 am

Programs: BA Silver Card
Originally Posted by Sigwx
BA 773 on the 25th is listed as INDN, Industrial action.
So many thanks Sigwx!
So now a 2.5 hour delay on the BA 773 this morning ZRH to LHR. If it's not asking too much, could somebody check the reason please? This is a crazy journey.
​​​​​​​Many thanks.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 2:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Anyone know why BA890 is delayed so much this morning? The plane arrived last night so it's not a delayed incoming aircraft.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Silver Card
So many thanks Sigwx!
So now a 2.5 hour delay on the BA 773 this morning ZRH to LHR. If it's not asking too much, could somebody check the reason please? This is a crazy journey.
Many thanks.
And no food or drink on the flight. I assume this means they are bringing the aircraft in from somewhere else not London ..... (vouchers available for Club Europe passengers).

​​​​​​​Madness .....
Old Mar 25, 2023, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by bestuseofpoints
Hi all

Just wanted to check if anyone knows the reason for the cancellation of BA1341 this morning. We were on the cancelled BA1333 last night and now on the cancelled BA1341.

Last night they said due to air traffic restrictions, is it the same today?

Is compensation payable on the one today?

Thanks
Nothing to do with ATC at all.

1333/24th was operational reasons OPEY and in scope. Today’s 1341 (25th) lack of crew FCRY. Also in scope.

French ATC doesn’t come into it on a LHR-JER-LHR routing. Jersey Radar and London ATC only.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 3:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
I left LHR at 1930 last night, quite a few flights were cancelled, mainly domestics and things heading to/over France. We left 2 hours late, flight crew were late in from Brussels and he said that, strikes, lack of crews and Flow rate restrictions were causing chaos.

Hopefully it's crew related and in scope.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.